IGNORED

Jill's Wedding Part 2

happy atheist

I love that more wedding photos are coming out--this weekend will be awesome snark wise once the 3 weeks of no photos are up! This Michelle topic is fascinating. I remember seeing Kelly in that dress and thinking she looked stunning. It was very appropriate for a December wedding and she's one of the few people that can pull off that gray color. Michelle on the other hand...wow, just wow. She looks like she stepped out of 1988 and it looked terrible for a Southern June wedding. I had hoped TLC would force her to do a wedding day makeover (Jill's wedding day is all about her parents anyway). She looks terrible and the modesty thing makes me want to rip my hair out. Like everyone has said, MOB dresses are supposed to be modest and are very easy to find. No one wants to see an almost 50 year olds chest anyway...Especially one that's nursed 19 kids. :snooty:

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is a video from the wedding where you can see Michelle's dress (and hear her awesome voice)

docs.google.com/file/d/0B-7dwJd7jxGteVVUdzdfZ1BuVlU/view?sle=true

Darn! Too many views. Can't watch it. Michelle is one hot mess!

10463004_597627763669370_6028687781362796710_n.png

Gross. Is that velvet or a tie-dyed shirt underneath? Looks like a last minute outfit put together. I bet she did borrow Kelly's dress and didn't have time to find a different underneath coverup. Congrats on taking tacky to a whole new level Michelle! :clap:

Also, she either has on too much blush or she's having a hot flash!

My thoughts exactly when I watched it. You used the father of the bride on his daughter's wedding day to tell your husband you're pregnant? That is effing bizarre :cray-cray:

And that whole exchange between the guys was just awkward, like Boob wasn't even really excited to see these people. Michelle's entrance was weird too, turning on the fake smile when she stepped into the frame.

Waaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiitttttt..........who is pregnant?

See, what gets me the most is that damn hair. Why oh why does it always have to look like she all she did was get out of the shower, put mousse in it, and let it dry. It doesn't look formal at all, it looks messy, and it clashes horribly with the formal/ satin-and-rhinestone nature of her dress.

Look at Kelly Bates. She looks a million times more formal because HER HAIR ACTUALLY LOOKS DONE. Obviously, she got it done and has nicely (albiet, old fashioned) shaped curls. She looked lovely in my opinion and should serve as proof to Michelle that yes, you can still have that bangs poof and Gothard-approved curly hair and stll have it be formal.

Kelly Bates wins the MOB dress and hair contest AND she's winning the matchmaking contest. Go Team Kelly!

PS Why can't these fundy ladies just buy their dresses from some Mormon modest wedding & prom dress business and be done with it? (like https://www.latterdaybride.com/) Oh tha'ts right, because they want to be MODESTY MARTYRS with their needless jacked up alterations.

My soon-to-be MIL wants to wear a 'complementary' colour to the bridesmaid dresses to our wedding. The girls are wearing a light grey, so she has picked out a dress in a very, very similar colour. It also happens to be a dress that she wore as a bridesmaid recently... I am quickly learning how to 'keep sweet' when it comes to her. Thankfully she lives in a different state.

My wedding dress was ivory and my MIL wore an ivory dress to our wedding. I had not seen it and was told it was "yellow".

Kelly Bates wins the MOB dress and hair contest AND she's winning the matchmaking contest. Go Team Kelly!

PS Why can't these fundy ladies just buy their dresses from some Mormon modest wedding & prom dress business and be done with it? (like https://www.latterdaybride.com/) Oh tha'ts right, because they want to be MODESTY MARTYRS with their needless jacked up alterations.

Yeah, this drives me nuts! There are so many pretty dresses for frum Jews that are *ahem* MORE modest than what the Duggars tend to wear. I don't understand why they can't just google "modest formal dresses" etc.

OMGoodness, I can't believe DQ got the same MOTB dress that Kelly wore to her son's wedding. Kelly definitely wore it better and looked much better in it. Her modesty was done right and DQ's modesty was over the top. Plus, as mentioned above, DQ didn't even have her hair done on the big day. Its like she wore too formal of a dress (for an afternoon wedding) but kept her hair casual.

I wasn't able to watch the video, but Boob doesn't look too happy in any of the still frames.

Gross. Is that velvet or a tie-dyed shirt underneath? Looks like a last minute outfit put together. I bet she did borrow Kelly's dress and didn't have time to find a different underneath coverup. Congrats on taking tacky to a whole new level Michelle! :clap:

Also, she either has on too much blush or she's having a hot flash!

I don't blame her if she is having a hot flash - Summer in Arkansas in a polyester triple layer dress? I'm surprised she isn't sweating bullets!

Wow, in that video still Michelle looks like she's smiling but also wants to murder the person behind the camera.

I think her dress is surprisingly pretty, though I don't like the way the modesty panel was done. What looks to be a gorgeous dress was ruined by that clumsy attempt.

I also don't care for the necklace she is wearing with the dress and its high collar. It seems over the top. I guess she didn't think the dress had enough bling as it was. All the sudden "bling" (that term she didn't know) was so important to her. She hoped Jill would pick a dress with bling and then she made sure she wore some as well.

I think her jewelry would look perfect with the original dress. It looks odd with the extra fabric.

That hair, though. Bless her heart.

The necklace helped disguise that horrible modesty bib, but was otherwise superflous. The dress already had a friggin' blinged-out "belt" feature (almost empire). The two together were overkill. Less fabric and maybe an 18" necklace with far less bling would have looked so much nicer. Or, like Kelly, eschew a necklace altogether. That dress doesn't call for a lot of jewelry.

Of course, these are the Duggars we're talking about. More is always more.

OMG! Michelle's dress is awful! :wtf: What is with the added crazy fabric all the way up to the neck. Kelly definitely rocked her dress and hair. Michelle looks like she always does with a crazy pieced together dress. She had to be baking in that dress. It gets warm there in the summer.

OMG! Michelle's dress is awful! :wtf: What is with the added crazy fabric all the way up to the neck. Kelly definitely rocked her dress and hair. Michelle looks like she always does with a crazy pieced together dress. She had to be baking in that dress. It gets warm there in the summer.

I remember my neighbors telling a story about a visitor from Thailand who requested a blanket on a ninety degree night. If you live in a hot climate, your blood vessels contract to keep you cooler, so I'm guessing that if you always wear layers of cumbersome clothing, you would not be nearly as uncomfortable as someone who is used to wearing tank tops.

What I can't understand is why Michelle picked a dress that clearly displays her ample bustline even before the alterations. I don't care if she does have a grey undershirt ratcheted up to her chin under the original dress design, the first place my eyes go when I look at her is right at her breasts. It's just an oddly-altered gown. :?

I can think of at least one fertility doctor that would allow Michelle to undergo IVF...for the right amount of cash.

Really no doctor? Octomom's Doctor will do it!

What I can't understand is why Michelle picked a dress that clearly displays her ample bustline even before the alterations. I don't care if she does have a grey undershirt ratcheted up to her chin under the original dress design, the first place my eyes go when I look at her is right at her breasts. It's just an oddly-altered gown. :?

I think Michele is still secretly back in her "mowing the lawn in her bikini" days. As you mentioned, the dress draws your eyes to her breasts, yet she tries to be modest w/ the burka panel in front.

There are tons of other options which wouldn't have created this effect.

I am wondering what type of bra Michelle is using to hold those girls in their correct place.

IMG_023198.jpg

IMG_1583.jpg

I think Kelly is such a pretty and cute woman. In the first picture her modesty panel is a little high, but still doesn't look too bad. In the second picture, it looks ok, even normal. So much better than Michelle's monstrosity.

I mean, everyone should be comfortable in the clothes they're wearing, but how can your body be comfortable when your dress is trying to strangle you?

Agreed, Kelly is much better dressed than Michelle in both those photos. I especially like the dark blue dress, that colour suits her.

The Bates dress so much better than the Duggars in general, Erin's T-shirt gown notwithstanding.

I don't understand why TLC didn't insist on someone doing Michelle's hair. Honestly, it looks messier than she normally wears it!

Archived