IGNORED

Jill's Wedding Part 2

happy atheist

I am pretty sure this is the dress in another color scheme. I don't know if they went short or long, but I am guessing long.

http://www.dillards.com/product/Jessica ... llTop=1211

http://www.amazon.com/Jessica-Howard-Wo ... 66&sr=1-93

not breaking because these are ecommerce sites

ETA

maybe this color? it doesn't seem right, but the lighting is different so idk

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/jessica-how ... ts-_-1_5_D

Now that I'm seeing the real dress it's kind of scary. I tried that dress on in my search for a dress and thought it was hideous. There was way too much fabric flopping around and it was HOT. I ended up in a skimming lace dress with 3/4 sleeves and a lightweight lining. It was so much more comfortable and becoming. I can also possibly wear it again.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that I'm seeing the real dress it's kind of scary. I tried that dress on in my search for a dress and thought it was hideous. There was way too much fabric flopping around and it was HOT. I ended up in a skimming lace dress with 3/4 sleeves and a lightweight lining. It was so much more comfortable and becoming. I can also possibly wear it again.

I don't love the bottom of the dress, either, now that it's been posted. I figured it had the layered detailing around the waist (which is generally flattering if you have a lingering pregnancy pooch) and then maybe a simple a-line skirt. The layers going all the way to the floor is too much, IMO.

OMGoodness, I can't believe DQ got the same MOTB dress that Kelly wore to her son's wedding. Kelly definitely wore it better and looked much better in it. Her modesty was done right and DQ's modesty was over the top. Plus, as mentioned above, DQ didn't even have her hair done on the big day. Its like she wore too formal of a dress (for an afternoon wedding) but kept her hair casual.

I wasn't able to watch the video, but Boob doesn't look too happy in any of the still frames.

ugh every time I see DQ's face I want to scream and shave her head. THAT FUCKING MULLET. UGH. it just bothers me so much *gets out electric razor and turns it on* *BZZZZZ*

Bad shot of her.

Sooo, my pre-schooler came over while I was reading this thread and this conversation happened.

P-S "Mummy, who is that?"

Me "A woman called Michelle Duggar"

P-S "Why?" and gives the computer a reeeaaaallllly strange look

Me "Because the people on this page are talking about her"

P-S "Mummy, she scares me!"

Now I'm feeling like the worst mother ever, but fuck that was eye-opening to see how someone who is unfamiliar with her sees her!

Sooo, my pre-schooler came over while I was reading this thread and this conversation happened.

Now I'm feeling like the worst mother ever, but fuck that was eye-opening to see how someone who is unfamiliar with her sees her!

Imagine if your child heard Michelle's baby talk voice! :o

I asked my five year old what she thought of her. I asked if she thought she was pretty, scary, nice. She said "Scary. Like a witch" :lol:

Dress aside, I think it's ridiculous JimBob and Michelle clearly habe no idea who these people are or weren't expecting them. JB is surprised they're there for the wedding, even when the dad-to-be says "thanks for inviting us!". When Michelle is called over, JB makes like he will introduce the guy with the backpack, then either fails or doesn't give enough info, because the guy adds "From Alabama." If you're not going to know everyone you invite to the *smaller* reception, you've invited too many people.

Dress Barn also has this dress. http://www.dressbarn.com/detail/plus-si ... 714135/153

(Sad thing is I was looking for MOG dresses when I ran across it!)

Good find. Looks to be the exact dress. I'm 100% percent positive she stitched up the giant slit in back, though. Oh and added her "modesty panel turtleneck."

$154 spent on polyester for THAT?! No thank you!

Does anyone else share the sick feeling that there will be a good chunk if not an entire episode dedicated to the modestification of DQ's train wreck of a gown? As a previous poster mentioned, we know she had to have sewn up the slit in the back that goes to the knees, and I swear she's got a long-sleeved t-shirt on under her dress. Blech! Kelly definitely wore it better.

I'm looking at the Dress Barn link and wondering who in Hell would choose that dress-- it looks terrible on the model. All those layers and fussy detailing overwhelm the woman wearing it and make her look like a shapeless lump.

As to Mullet's choice of styling: rhinestone necklace, heavy modesty panel, or corsage-- pick one. All three together look absurd.

Dear Michelle Duggar: I realize I have not given birth to twenty children, so I'm sure my taste is suspect. At the same time, here are a few clues for attire at the next Duggar wedding. I recently attended a formal affair in something other than frumper and flip-flops and was complimented on my appearance. You might want to take notes.

1. Your friend Kelly actually managed to make that $154 dress look tasteful and pretty via appropriate hairdo, makeup and jewelry. You managed to make it look like something I wouldn't wear to take the garbage to the curb in. Ask Kelly to pick out the dress for the next weddingpalooza. She also managed to install some type of "modesty panel" that was tasteful and non-frightening. Wearing camo to your daughter's wedding is not cute or charming.

2. Spend some of the TLC millions on a hairdresser who actually knows what he or she is doing. The only people who can wear "natural" hair at a formal event are on their way to the Oscars, and they've spent hours in a chair to get that "natural" look.

3. Raccoon eyes went out with disco, especially for women approaching 50. Find a makeup artist.

3. Pearls. If Jim Boob won't let the moths out of his wallet to spring for some REAL pearls, go to www.nordstrom.com and buy a strand or rope of glass pearls. They're less than $100, go with EVERYTHING, and pearls are much classier than the rhinestone monstrosity you're probably calling a "statement necklace". You'll also get much more use out of them than your beloved "bling". While you're buying some pearls, you might want to invest in a nice pair of pearl drop earrings. They're ladylike, they're classy, and they don't make you look like you just walked out of a cut-rate store catering to teenagers at the mall.

I'm appalled that you and Jim Boob did not encourage your daughter Jill to wear pearls for her wedding. As you can see, Kelly Bates encouraged her daughter to do so; she looks lovely and ladylike.

4. Wrist corsage.

5. Take OFF at least one piece of the jewelry. Please. Just because you have it doesn't mean you have to wear every bit of bling you can find.

Sincerely,

Rainytown

My mom wore almost the exact same dress to my wedding, although she made it look much better (see photo below). I've seen it on lots of MOBs, it's pretty popular.

David's Bridal also has a version of it: http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Lon ... ll-Dresses

And here's my mother in her size 4 NIKE glory, with cleavage and booze and knees and all:

Your mum is working that dress! Good for her! I think it helps that she didn't pick the shiny satin mess that Michelle did - her fabric looks much nicer.

My mom wore almost the exact same dress to my wedding, although she made it look much better (see photo below). I've seen it on lots of MOBs, it's pretty popular.

David's Bridal also has a version of it: http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Lon ... ll-Dresses

And here's my mother in her size 4 NIKE glory, with cleavage and booze and knees and all:

When I was looking for the dress I found so many similar looks. The "artichoke" tier look seems to be a go-to style for formal wear designed for women of a certain age/mother of the bride.

Dress Barn also has this dress. http://www.dressbarn.com/detail/plus-si ... 714135/153

(Sad thing is I was looking for MOG dresses when I ran across it!)

I believe they are the same dress. When you search for the brand "Jessica Howard", the only thing that comes up are mid-range department stores selling it, and no actual brand site. It is likely a private label for these department stores and they could be using the same factories/source as Dress Barn does for their private label.

Dress aside, I think it's ridiculous JimBob and Michelle clearly habe no idea who these people are or weren't expecting them. JB is surprised they're there for the wedding, even when the dad-to-be says "thanks for inviting us!". When Michelle is called over, JB makes like he will introduce the guy with the backpack, then either fails or doesn't give enough info, because the guy adds "From Alabama." If you're not going to know everyone you invite to the *smaller* reception, you've invited too many people.

I've watched that video several times and every time I watch it it gets weirder and weirder. You're right about JB obviously having no idea who these people are. I almost get the feeling that they got invited to the wedding somehow but then just showed up at the smaller after-reception? If you watch the guy in the middle, he has some definite crazy eyes going on, plus it's almost like he's trying to hang on to JB so JB can't get away from him. Then JB acts kind of put out (understandably so considering it's his daughter's wedding reception) that he is expected to do a pregnancy announcement for the other guy's wife. And I have no idea why Mullet (who also had no idea who these people were) had to get pulled into the pregnancy announcement. The whole thing is cray cray.

Pickles and Hairspray had a short video clip that shows the top of Michelle's MOB dress clearly. It is remarkably tasteful, nicer than I think most people expected. :clap:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-7dwJd ... edit?pli=1

Michelle shows up 33 seconds in and we get several full frontal views. I think the best view is 36 seconds in.

Oops, I didn't realize this had already been posted to death. Edited for mea culpa and typo fix.

That video completely freaks me out. The back-pack guy is weird weird WEIRD! He reminded Boob he needed to make an announcement, he was ALLLLLLL involved in the announcing and I just CANNOT understand two men who are NOT your husband (or even your Dad if you are a Daddy's girl) knowing you are knocked up before the Baby Daddy does. That is just ... totally immodest.

And as a Southern Girl whose children are taught to say "sir" and "ma'am" (but who is otherwise pretty socially liberal), it goes all over me that that baby in the background is calling JimBob and Michelle by their first names. No "Mr and Mrs Duggar"? No "Mr JimBob and Ms Michelle"? That is F'ed up.

Pickles and Hairspray had a short video clip that shows the top of Michelle's MOB dress clearly. It is remarkably tasteful, nicer than I think most people expected. :clap:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-7dwJd ... edit?pli=1

Michelle shows up 33 seconds in and we get several full frontal views. I think the best view is 36 seconds in.

Oops, I didn't realize this had already been posted to death. Edited for mea culpa and typo fix.

I'm glad you posted the link again because I hadn't watched the actual video yet. WoW. What in the world was that????

These are ppl who pick a random, local(ish) church to reveal the 'gender'of their baby and expect a congregation of complete strangers to give a crap.

JB having to play message boy between some random couple at his daughter's wedding isn't any weirder than that.

That video completely freaks me out. The back-pack guy is weird weird WEIRD! He reminded Boob he needed to make an announcement, he was ALLLLLLL involved in the announcing and I just CANNOT understand two men who are NOT your husband (or even your Dad if you are a Daddy's girl) knowing you are knocked up before the Baby Daddy does. That is just ... totally immodest.

And as a Southern Girl whose children are taught to say "sir" and "ma'am" (but who is otherwise pretty socially liberal), it goes all over me that that baby in the background is calling JimBob and Michelle by their first names. No "Mr and Mrs Duggar"? No "Mr JimBob and Ms Michelle"? That is F'ed up.

Off topic: was at my daughter's reception information morning (I think that's grade 1 for you guys) and because we live by two American airbases a lot of those children also attend. Was behind a serviceman in the uniform queue and he was saying "yes ma'am" to all questions obviously a Southern lad and I thought it lovely!

Off topic: was at my daughter's reception information morning (I think that's grade 1 for you guys) and because we live by two American airbases a lot of those children also attend. Was behind a serviceman in the uniform queue and he was saying "yes ma'am" to all questions obviously a Southern lad and I thought it lovely!

Given your username and the 2 airbases, I'm guessing you live about an hour down the a11 from me *waves to neighbour* :)

Your mom's dress looks like its an Adrienne Pappel design. I had an ebil sleeveless dress by her with similar angled layers and fabric. Michelle/kelly's dress the layers are horizontal and the fabric looks cheaper.

Archived