IGNORED

Jill's Wedding Part 2

happy atheist

Iniquity (or Inequity) - Me doing my own will

(Not what I learned that word meant, but this is the Duggars...)

Reproof (I'm guessing?) - is an event that GOD brings into my life to convict me of my sin and motivate me to turn from that sin

(I do wish we could see more of the paper below that, but it's covered by someone's head. It says 'Remember - your private life is...')

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...not private before God?

Maybe something about God watching (and judging) always?

Seriously...

iniquity

1. gross injustice or wickedness.

2. a violation of right or duty; wicked act; sin.

Synonyms

1. evildoing, infamy, depravity, knavery.

inequity

1. lack of equity; unfairness; favoritism or bias.

2. an unfair circumstance or proceeding.

Dictionary.com does not agree with them. There is no excuse for the definition they've posted, unless they're trying to say that having a will of your own is a gross injustice somehow...

...not private before God?

Or not private before the cameras... in the past Michelle has said that maybe sometimes the youngest kids are surprised and embarrassed when their misbehaviors are revealed on the show, and later are more careful how they behave because they don't want to get caught doing things they're not supposed to do.

Or not private before the cameras... in the past Michelle has said that maybe sometimes the youngest kids are surprised and embarrassed when their misbehaviors are revealed on the show, and later are more careful how they behave because they don't want to get caught doing things they're not supposed to do.

And what about bathroom accidents or puking? Does that count as misbehavior? Maybe it should say "your private life belongs exclusively to TLC and will be picked apart by people you've never met on FJ for years to come. Also, the internet is forever." I wonder if Jill has found FJ by now.

In the picture that has so many of the "girls" standing in the kitchen, you can see some definitions posted on one of the cabinets in the background. One of the words that is defined is "witchcraft". They really are a strange family.

Right above the hood of the stove it says "jurisdiction". The top is cut off but I'm thinking it says "jessa"?? That would make sense given what we can see of the letters.

I hope Jill does find this website, and not her websites criticizing Gothardism, now that she doesn't have her Internet usage monitored. I highly doubt Derrick is censoring her phone.

Do the kids still have strict limitations on the Internet? They did before, but lately the older ones all seem to have iPhones.

Joshie looks like he lost in some weight in picture davidlovespriscilla0622142029c-221x300.jpg

Oh, Pecan Thief, Pecan Thief.....bet he frames this one.

Oh, Pecan Thief, Pecan Thief.....bet he frames this one.

Does Smugs not wear a wedding ring? How will he prove he's married? How does he keep all the young DC interns from lusting after him?

Does Smugs not wear a wedding ring? How will he prove he's married? How does he keep all the young DC interns from lusting after him?

At first I was agreeing with you. Then I went back to the site and blew up the photo and you can see the wedding ring on his finger. At this size, it's invisible, but once you blow up the picture and zoom in, you can see it. Although it seems a big high on his finger; it's practically at his knuckle.

I can see the ring (barely, but it's there.)

So, I'm reading Growing Up Duggar, and in it, they talk about their future wedding dress, -how modest it will be, and how they'll modify it to add sleeves if necessary. And then Jill goes sleeveless (well, tank sleeves). Soooo....tank sleeves that show her entire arm don't defraud? :think:

I can see the ring (barely, but it's there.)

So, I'm reading Growing Up Duggar, and in it, they talk about their future wedding dress, -how modest it will be, and how they'll modify it to add sleeves if necessary. And then Jill goes sleeveless (well, tank sleeves). Soooo....tank sleeves that show her entire arm don't defraud? :think:

Well Jill had a very fast engagement and didn't have time to custom order a dress so she had to buy an immodest dress and have a tailor modestify it. It's possible that the tailor added less fabric than Jill expected and there was no time to fix it. Or derrick is way more liberal than what Jill expected to get when the book was written, so if the headship likes short sleeves it's okay.

Those definitions tacked up in the kitchen are bizarre and they are never there on the actual show. It pisses me off that the Duggars aren't really honest about the extreme side of their religious beliefs. If you are posting things about witchcraft in the main room of your house with small children everywhere, that's just freaking crazy. They probably scare the hell out of their kids with all of the hell and Satan talk.

Those are straight out of Gothardism, I believe. The witchcraft one has to do with disobeying your authority (parents if you're not married, husband if you're female, Gothard for everyone else). Something about how disobeying your authority is "unto the sin of witchcraft," or some such. What is qualifies as disobedience in Gothardland, you ask? Having an opinion that differs from that of your authority.

Yes, perhaps it was a timeline issue. Just really surprised me, since they just promoted the book, and then Jill goes and wears a dress that is the opposite of what they claimed (in the sleeve department, anyway, but again, maybe she considers tanks sleeves as "sleeves", and maybe they only meant they wouldn't wear a strapless???)

David Waller's writing is so very awkward. It's like he's writing to people for whom English is a second language.

He sounds exactly like a couple of my husband's childhood friends from Australia, who grew up in a religious, small country town, have never lived anywhere except religious, small country towns, and are really boring to hang out with in person and send really boring religious annual Christmas letters that make them sound like they are already 70 years old.

This may have already been commented upon; but, I haven't seen it-did Bill Gothard attend Jill and Derick's wedding?

I'm wondering this, as well. Jim Bob has publically denounced Bill Gothard (well, sorta - when asked about Gothard's scandal, he claimed his family follows only God, not a man), and it'll be interesting to see if he backpedals on that and has ol' Dracula at the wedding anyway.

He sounds exactly like a couple of my husband's childhood friends from Australia, who grew up in a religious, small country town, have never lived anywhere except religious, small country towns, and are really boring to hang out with in person and send really boring religious annual Christmas letters that make them sound like they are already 70 years old.

He sounds as though English is HIS second language!

I'm wondering this, as well. Jim Bob has publically denounced Bill Gothard (well, sorta - when asked about Gothard's scandal, he claimed his family follows only God, not a man), and it'll be interesting to see if he backpedals on that and has ol' Dracula at the wedding anyway.

I think the Duggars went to Big Sandy as usual this year!

I think the Duggars went to Big Sandy as usual this year!

I don't see that as JimBob renouncing Gothard at all, I see it as the usual Duggar spin.

I don't see that as JimBob renouncing Gothard at all, I see it as the usual Duggar spin.

I agree. I kind of thought it was a politically correct answer. His response of "follow God, not man" leaves it open-ended. It wasn't as if he said, "Gothard sucks and the IBLP is a sham". His answer allows them to continue to follow Gothard's cult and still act as though they don't claim him as their own. (I hope that makes sense, words are hard.)

I guess we'll know for sure if we see any leaked pics of Gothard. And I agree, Jim Bob could easily lie about it. He'll say whatever he needs to in order to make himself look good.

Latest blog from Duggar Family Blog - Much Ado about nothing (nothing new or all that informative)

http://duggarsblog.blogspot.com/2014/07 ... art-1.html

Confirms it was a Pinterest inspired wedding (those bridesmaid dresses were not inspiring IMHO).

As previously said be others, displaying Derick's Dad's uniform was a nice touch, not so much with Michelle's/Grandma Duggar's wedding dress...

really, why was that necessary and did it really honor them? :angry-banghead:

Archived