IGNORED

Jill's Wedding Part 2

happy atheist

Duggar wrote, "Making one of Derick's favorites for dinner tonight... stuffed zucchini! I love http://www.allrecipers.com! The zucchini is fresh out of my family's @duggarfam garden! #stuffedzucchini #jilldillard #derickdillard."

Really Jill? Fresh veggies out of your family's garden? Don't you know lies make the baby Jebus cry?

It's really sad, Jill must prove herself as a obedient loving fundie wife.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The zucchini is fresh out of my family's @duggarfam garden!

Garden? What garden? I've never seen them garden on the show. Or did I just miss that episode?

I was under the impression they didn't eat all that healthy... with stuff like frozen lasagna, stupid tater tot casseroles and industrial-sized canned vegetables. I did see them grinding their own flour, which was kinda cool. And Jill did put a grain grinder on her wedding registry. So I assume she knows how to bake bread.

I seriously cannot see them gardening. If they happened upon a zucchini plant, chances are high they never started it from seed and either bought it or a neighbor gave the starter plant to them. It's probably stuck in a pot and not in an actual garden. Where's the compost pile, earthworm tower, dirty clothes and sweat?

Gosh I hope she doesn't only pick stuff he wants to eat. What if she comes across an interesting recipe she would like but he might not? Like what if she likes raspberries and he detests them? Does that mean by their religious standards that she has no freedom of choice?

duggarblog has some "new" pictures online, that Ellie girl is quite pretty!

Why is Michelle the only female being dressed in grey? Is she a man? Omfg I bet that pisses Jesus off!!! He told you not to dress like a man, woman!!!!11

The bridesmaid dresses are quite pretty. I like the colours.

I hate to say it but wow Jinger needs to scale back the fake tan- she looks fluorescent in the big group picture!

we should totally have a UK meetup. Up North - London is just too darn expensive.

Did anyone else catch on the duggar blog that Jana altered the dresses? It says she added sleeves and the dreaded cream layer..

If the Duggars do genuinely have a garden, I guarantee you they aren't the ones taking care of it. Gardens are a lot of work. What with the family traveling for the show and other personal appearaces, my guess is that someone else has "love offered" to care for it while they are gone, thinking it an honor to help such an inspirational family. Kind of like how we all thought the oldest daughters homeskooled their siblings until Heidi Query was accidentally discovered to have been the one teaching.

While we're on the subject of honesty, Mrs. Dillard, why not thank the good person who is taking care of the Duggar family garden, you know, the one who actually made it possible for your family to give you the stuffed zucchini that you and your husband enjoyed that night?

They do have a garden, but it looks like they just bought plants that were already mostly grown.

instagram.com/p/ng-XUcmlSS/

Pretty sad, it would be a cool biology lesson to grow plants from seeds and learn about how plants work.

Looks like David Waller also followed protocol and posted his commentary about attending Jill and Derick's wedding and how it was a great fellowship :cray-cray:

davidlovespriscilla.com/2014/07/11/arkansas-wedding/

Looks like David Waller also followed protocol and posted his commentary about attending Jill and Derick's wedding and how it was a great fellowship :cray-cray:

http://davidlovespriscilla.com/2014/07/ ... s-wedding/

No description or pictures of the wedding that I could see...but Grandma Duggar is still blessing the family with laundry.

Paul is as adorable as ever.

No description or pictures of the wedding that I could see...but Grandma Duggar is still blessing the family with laundry.

Paul is as adorable as ever.

Am I the only one who finds it obnoxious that Pecan Thief refers to Jill and Derick as "young people?"

Am I the only one who finds it obnoxious that Pecan Thief refers to Jill and Derick as "young people?"

Yeah, that's weird. He's maybe 5 years older than Derick, if that. Dude, you are same generation!

So....3 weeks of no photos of Jill's wedding and basically nothing coming out today. Also a very lame Nightline story on the Bates family. I think TLC is going to be sorely disappointed when the episodes leading up to Jill's wedding are a complete snooze fest and viewers change the channel. I think it's going to be even more boring than the "Anna goes to the library!" episode that caused me to not tune in to the following 2 seasons of 19 Kids & Counting.

Is hashtagging your own name a thing? It's so weird to me. I can't imagine hashtagging my photos with my name. Someone commented on the photo to cool down the anniversary thing lol

So it seems to be as I would have guessed: there are almost no pics since nobody was interested in taking pics of centerpieces and stuff because it was forbidden to post it right away. And those who took pics completely forgot/are not interested in sharing em 3 weeks later. Only Franicia is obsessed with leghumping the Duggars and can't think of anything else but them.

So it seems to be as I would have guessed: there are almost no pics since nobody was interested in taking pics of centerpieces and stuff because it was forbidden to post it right away. And those who took pics completely forgot/are not interested in sharing em 3 weeks later. Only Franicia is obsessed with leghumping the Duggars and can't think of anything else but them.

They've really messed this up, haven't they? Timing is of the essence with this stuff. The week a couple gets married = people are interested. Three weeks later = people have moved on.

As for the wedding being part of the next series, and not for several months - also a bad idea. As the first Duggar girl to get married I would have thought Jill would get more exposure from TLC. Maybe the Duggar gravy train is slowing down (though I thought viewing figures were good?). Maybe they are still planning to make a big splash with Jessa's wedding as she is considered the most attractive Duggar girl?

Next series is likely to contain - Anna pregnant, Jessa engaged/married/end of courtship, and then Jill pregnant. All of which will make the wedding quite redundant.

I think they are hoping that Jill will be pregnant by the time the next season starts so that they can announce a pregnancy along with the wedding episodes.

David Waller's writing is so very awkward. It's like he's writing to people for whom English is a second language.

Derick and Jill are "young people" compared to David because they JUST became adults. He has been an adult for three? Four years? (How long have they been married?) ANYWAY he is a pro with this marriage thing, they just started.

davidlovespriscilla.com/2014/07/11/arkansas-wedding/

In the picture that has so many of the "girls" standing in the kitchen, you can see some definitions posted on one of the cabinets in the background. One of the words that is defined is "witchcraft". They really are a strange family.

If they don't air the wedding episode until the end of the season instead of the beginning, it might actually work in their favor. Like with the engagement episode-- the engagement was announced before most people even knew they were courting, and soon after the season started they aired the Nepal trip and we saw the (totally contrived and scripted) courtship and buildup to the engagement. If they start the next season with wedding planning they can rebuild anticipation for the wedding episode. I predict a ratings bonanza. Damn it.

Joshie looks like her's been buffing up his arms at the gym.

...But he still looks extremely smug.

In the picture that has so many of the "girls" standing in the kitchen, you can see some definitions posted on one of the cabinets in the background. One of the words that is defined is "witchcraft". They really are a strange family.

Those definitions tacked up in the kitchen are bizarre and they are never there on the actual show. It pisses me off that the Duggars aren't really honest about the extreme side of their religious beliefs. If you are posting things about witchcraft in the main room of your house with small children everywhere, that's just freaking crazy. They probably scare the hell out of their kids with all of the hell and Satan talk.

Those definitions are really strange. Can anyone see what they say on the left side? I can only make out two on the right.

"Witchcraft - (exposing? employing?) myself to the realm of Satan's power"

"In-(something) - me doing my own will"

That last one makes me so angry. Never do what you want! You may have no agency! Obey your head ship!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Archived