IGNORED

Jill's Wedding Part 2

happy atheist

Maybe THAT is why nobody was allowed to take pictures... Gothard officiated the ceremony, or was promonient enough they didnt want us mean old FJers to go and pull the photos and post them like we did with the Bates wedding pics

I think Grandma's dress might have been a nice touch and a way to honor the family matriarch if Michelle hadn't worn it. Michelle wore it, so she looks like an attention whore.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Chad has written on his blog tht he was the second photographer for Jill's wedding am he hopes to be able to post some pics as soon as he is able.

Maybe THAT is why nobody was allowed to take pictures... Gothard officiated the ceremony, or was promonient enough they didnt want us mean old FJers to go and pull the photos and post them like we did with the Bates wedding pics

I think Grandma's dress might have been a nice touch and a way to honor the family matriarch if Michelle hadn't worn it. Michelle wore it, so she looks like an attention whore.

Boy I really hope that's not true....

Is it just me of does the JB&M picture on the blog took rather dodgy? Like she's taking one for the team? :wtf:

The wedding blog did give insight and I liked learning that "honor" was a theme of the wedding. I do think it is a sweet underlining theme. But I still think putting DQ's dress on display (even though it was Mary's too) was strange. They were both present at the wedding and could have been honored in another way. A picture of them each in the gown propped up somewhere would have been nice. Or present them each with a flower at some point in the ceremony. What about Derick's mom? Was she honored? Was something from her wedding day displayed?

I totally understand having Derick's dads uniform shirt there ... Derick's way of having him present.

I don't know, probably wasn't so weird if you were there in person. I just think it is weird that it seems to be one piece of the wedding that was in the PR. (And that the dress was Mary's too wasn't even mentioned.)

Is it just me of does the JB&M picture on the blog took rather dodgy? Like she's taking one for the team? :wtf:

I just spat food out of my mouth! Thanks for the laugh!!!

:embarrassed: :naughty:

They should hire a 13 year old boy to preview all photos before posting.

Its not just you. I've mentioned this here before. Kind of like the golfing double date, Boob loves this non-missionary position.

Is it possible JB gave the house to Jill and Derick as payment to Jill or all those years of performing for TLC?

No, the house is still listed as part of the Boob/Mullet trust. He'd have to sell it to them, since it would no longer be part of the trust if anyone other than Boob/Mullet's trust is named as the owner.

Due to the tax ramifications, I doubt the property will ever leave the trust. Also, keep in mind that Jill and Derick want to do missionary work. They could very well leave the country for years in the future. If that's their plan, you know Boob will install another married child in there, especially if they go on a open-ended assignment (ie. Shrader).

Letting them live in a house rent free (assuming) for a few years is pretty nice. They can bank a big chunk of money they would otherwise pay in rent.

Seriously...

iniquity

1. gross injustice or wickedness.

2. a violation of right or duty; wicked act; sin.

Synonyms

1. evildoing, infamy, depravity, knavery.

inequity

1. lack of equity; unfairness; favoritism or bias.

2. an unfair circumstance or proceeding.

Dictionary.com does not agree with them. There is no excuse for the definition they've posted, unless they're trying to say that having a will of your own is a gross injustice somehow...

I'm guessing it's the IBLP definition. Michelle has handed those out at speaking events and every character quality is defined like that. But all the definitions are odd.

It feels like Brainwashing 101: Create definitions for words. Require people to memorize these definitions.

If they happened upon a zucchini plant, chances are high they never started it from seed and either bought it or a neighbor gave the starter plant to them. It's probably stuck in a pot and not in an actual garden. Where's the compost pile, earthworm tower, dirty clothes and sweat?

Does that mean by their religious standards that she has no freedom of choice?

It doesn't much matter if they started the plant from seed or bought it or got it from a neighbor. It would grow a zucchini just the same, right? And I have a large garden but no compost pile or earthworm tower.

That said, I think if they had much of a garden that they actually did themselves, we would see that on their show. What's more wholesome than a bunch of kids working the land?

As for freedom of choice, no, she doesn't have that if they continue in the patriarchy/Gothard nonsense. I even know some garden-variety (ha!) Christians who allow the male full control over the food in the house.

Zucchinis don't need much care once you have the plant thriving. My parents used to get huge harvests of zucchinis and pumpkins every year from an area that they had once used as a compost pit. Nobody ever did anything but pick the vegetables and occasionally trim the plants back.

Joshie looks like he lost in some weight in picture davidlovespriscilla0622142029c-221x300.jpg

He does! I think he looks pretty good there, and much healthier than he has looked in recent past. Unfortunately, on the show, once he speaks any attractive qualities are lost.

It doesn't much matter if they started the plant from seed or bought it or got it from a neighbor. It would grow a zucchini just the same, right? And I have a large garden but no compost pile or earthworm tower.

That said, I think if they had much of a garden that they actually did themselves, we would see that on their show. What's more wholesome than a bunch of kids working the land?

As for freedom of choice, no, she doesn't have that if they continue in the patriarchy/Gothard nonsense. I even know some garden-variety (ha!) Christians who allow the male full control over the food in the house.

Jason and some of the other middle boys built a greenhouse a while back (I just watched this episode yesterday, they are showing older series in the UK).

They had a competition with the little girls. The boys tried to grow tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers etc in the greenhouse and the girls grew them indoors.

As with episodes where they have pets, I'm guessing nothing much lasted and we never hear about it again!

Except ... I think in a subsequent episode (I'm watching them all out of sequence) I think Boob said Jason's garden had got out of control so everyone was going to work on it to get it back into production.

So yeah, it's possible they have zucchini. I agree that they are very simple to grow.

I don't grow Zucchini, but my parents do and those things are crazy. I made two separate zucchini dishes from just one of their massive pieces. They did do a garden one time so it's possible the zucchini came back and doesn't actually need any attention.

Ugh, I don't like it when the zucchinis get so big - they get tough and stringy. But that being said, the plants are pretty self-sufficient.

Back on topic.....what the hell is this dumb video on the Duggar blogspot of a random woman saying what she thought of the dress? It's like, okay, well if this dumbo thought the dress was already like that then SUCCESS. There must truly be nothing else interesting out there to post about the wedding than random guests giving feedback and thumbs up.

Its not just you. I've mentioned this here before. Kind of like the golfing double date, Boob loves this non-missionary position.

They changed the photo on the blog today and now it cuts off at Michelle's shoulders. I wonder how many hours a week Lily and Ellie spend reading FJ? ;)

Archived