IGNORED

Jill's Wedding Part 2

happy atheist

Michelle's dress reminds me of the dress that Kelly Bates wore to Zach and Whitney's wedding, it was also a grey/silver color.

I know that the Duggar's "buy used and save the difference"... I hope it's not Kelly's dress (I recall Kelly saying she bought it at Dillards).

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

iwspixx5.jpg

Better? :D

This is Kelly's dress:

post-10516-14451999228367_thumb.jpg

Anyone else think it's the same dress? The lapels on Michelle's bolero are folded up.

This is Kelly's dress:

[attachment=0]IMG_6937.jpg[/attachment]

Anyone else think it's the same dress? The lapels on Michelle's bolero are folded up.

In comparison, they do look similar to me...the video wasn't helpful in seeing her dress - Thank you cathgrl1

(I came out of lurking mode for Michelle's dress :angry-banghead: )

J'chelle is wearing the exact same dress as Kelly. Maybe when she realtered it she screwed it up so badly that she needed to turn it into a turtle neck. Eek.

Also, J'chelle could easily do at home fertility treatments. The injections that doctors give women to make them ovulate more are easily available online for about $20. Seriously.

In comparison, they do look similar to me...the video wasn't helpful in seeing her dress - Thank you cathgrl1

(I came out of lurking mode for Michelle's dress :angry-banghead: )

That is quite literally the exact same dress....holy crap!

Damn, she really did wear Kelly's dress! Good call.

J'chelle is wearing the exact same dress as Kelly. Maybe when she realtered it she screwed it up so badly that she needed to turn it into a turtle neck. Eek.

Also, J'chelle could easily do at home fertility treatments. The injections that doctors give women to make them ovulate more are easily available online for about $20. Seriously.

Lack of ovulation isn't the only problem. Her primary problem is that her uterus is done--she could probably get pregnant fairly easily with treatment (but even as hypocritical as they are, I don't think the Duggars would go for that), but there's a high chance it'd be another Jubilee. I wouldn't be surprise if she's suffered at least one early pregnancy loss since Jubilee, actually.

Her problem is old eggs and worn out uterus. The chances of a miscarriage are higher than the chances of a live birth should she manage to conceive.

I think its the same dress, Michelle just has a different top underneath it. Plus Michelle's breasts seem to be bigger than Kelly's so it fills out the dress. (Ugh for typing about Michelle's breasts.)

This kind of pisses me off. You can't buy a new dress for your own daughter's wedding? These people aren't poor. So Kelly buys a dress for her own daughter's wedding and Michelle borrows it for hers? It is so weird. I would say they didn't think anyone would notice but likely Michelle was taking buy used and save the difference to a new level.

This makes me wonder what else they share or do to save money. Those boys have nice suits but I swear the women of this family don't have one dressy item and yet when its time for a family wedding Michelle must wear used.

I think its the same dress, Michelle just has a different top underneath it. Plus Michelle's breasts seem to be bigger than Kelly's so it fills out the dress. (Ugh for typing about Michelle's breasts.)

This kind of pisses me off. You can't buy a new dress for your own daughter's wedding? These people aren't poor. So Kelly buys a dress for her own daughter's wedding and Michelle borrows it for hers? It is so weird. I would say they didn't think anyone would notice but likely Michelle was taking buy used and save the difference to a new level.

This makes me wonder what else they share or do to save money. Those boys have nice suits but I swear the women of this family don't have one dressy item and yet when its time for a family wedding Michelle must wear used.

My impression isn't that Michelle's dress is literally the same as Kelly's, just the same model. So either DQ saw the dress on Kelly and went out to buy one just like it, or she forgot that Kelly wore it and just happened to have the same taste in dresses.

Damn, she really did wear Kelly's dress! Good call. Lack of ovulation isn't the only problem. Her primary problem is that her uterus is done--she could probably get pregnant fairly easily with treatment (but even as hypocritical as they are, I don't think the Duggars would go for that), but there's a high chance it'd be another Jubilee. I wouldn't be surprise if she's suffered at least one early pregnancy loss since Jubilee, actually.

Quite true and I suspect you're correct about the post Jubilee miscarriage. She was talking about something about a year after Jubilee (so about a year ago?) and she said "I am currently not expecting. I'd like to be" and the way she said "I'd like to be" sounded really sad and distant, and I could really believe that was the sound of a woman who is trying desperately to have a child but keeps getting negative tests or keeps getting positive ones and then a heavy period a few days later. Maybe she's had false positives. Maybe she's had chemical pregnancies. Maybe she's had an actual miscarriage. All of it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

When they saw the (notreallya) fertility doctor, didn't he say that her chances of pregnancy were low due to the fact that's now "old" and wouldn't be ovulating as much? I don't think he really mentioned the fact that her last three pregnancies (that I know of) have gotten progressively shorter. Jordyn was born at 36 weeks via c-section, Josie was born at 25 weeks via emergency c-section, Jubilee was miscarried at about 15 weeks. I wonder if she actually notices this pattern? I noticed it right away. In fact, when she announced she was due in March with Jubilee, I remember thinking they'll finally get their February baby bc there was no way she was going to carry all they way to March. Anyhow, I only remember him saying that her chances of conception were low bc of her "advanced" age and even if she did conceive, her chances of having a special needs child were pretty much guaranteed.

Well, at least it's better than the ugly old black dress she wore to Josh's wedding

I understand that she was expecting Jordyn at the time but that dress was just awful. Even Ma Keller, who was still in her prairie dress days managed to put on a nice(er) MOB dress.

I think it's hilarious that Kelly and Michelle wore the same dress, whether by accident or because Kelly let Michelle borrow it. I looked on the Dillards website and couldn't find one that had that neckline with a distinctive belt, but I would love to see the original if someone can find it. It looks like Kelly wore something under it, too, but not to the degree that Michelle did. :shock:

My impression isn't that Michelle's dress is literally the same as Kelly's, just the same model. So either DQ saw the dress on Kelly and went out to buy one just like it, or she forgot that Kelly wore it and just happened to have the same taste in dresses.

I just cannot picture Michelle purposefully choosing the same dress as Kelly. Either she forgot entirely, or she saw it, liked it, and forgot where she saw it and bought it. I can just imagine Kelly mentioning to Michelle that it is the same dress and Michelle just smiling blankly going "thats so neat" and laughing while raging inside.

I am pretty sure this is the dress in another color scheme. I don't know if they went short or long, but I am guessing long.

http://www.dillards.com/product/Jessica ... llTop=1211

http://www.amazon.com/Jessica-Howard-Wo ... 66&sr=1-93

not breaking because these are ecommerce sites

ETA

maybe this color? it doesn't seem right, but the lighting is different so idk

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/jessica-how ... ts-_-1_5_D

I am pretty sure this is the dress in another color scheme. I don't know if they went short or long, but I am guessing long.

I don't know why these people have to modify dresses. Just buy a modest dress. I mean, is this one too slutty?

dillards.com/product/KM-Collections-Lace-Jacket-Dress_301_-1_301_501169848?df=02749516_zi_blush&scrollTop=456

dillards.com/product/Alex-Evenings-2Piece-LaceBodice-Dress_301_-1_301_504293829?df=04043638_zi_sand&scrollTop=2394

No offense, ladies, but no one is going to be defrauded by the top of your chest. It really is like they have to do it to prove a point and show off how modest they are.

ETA

maybe this color? it doesn't seem right, but the lighting is different so idk

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/jessica-how ... ts-_-1_5_D

Great work! My Google-fu is nothing compared to what the rest of you turn up.

What I loved about the video is:

1) Boob seemed surprised to see whomever was filming at the party, and apparently the fundie version of "Bless Your Heart*" is "Praise the Lord". *(Southern Urban Dictionary: Bless Your Heart 1. This is a term used by the people of the southern United States particularly near the Gulf of Mexico to express to someone that they are an idiot without saying such harsh words)

2) Boob was apparently the deliverer of the "good news" of another "blessing". UH, hello? You told JB before your Headship that you were expecting? And SET UP that he should tell your Headship on his daughter's wedding day at the reception?

Good God these people are whacked.

I don't know why these people have to modify dresses. Just buy a modest dress. I mean, is this one too slutty?

dillards.com/product/KM-Collections-Lace-Jacket-Dress_301_-1_301_501169848?df=02749516_zi_blush&scrollTop=456

dillards.com/product/Alex-Evenings-2Piece-LaceBodice-Dress_301_-1_301_504293829?df=04043638_zi_sand&scrollTop=2394

No offense, ladies, but no one is going to be defrauded by the top of your chest. It really is like they have to do it to prove a point and show off how modest they are.

Both of those are lovely mother of the bride options that would fit all of their modesty requirements. I do often shake my heads at the fundies' choices in formal wear. (Though I will say I thought Kelly looked pretty good in her MOB dresses, and always styled herself very well).

What I loved about the video is:

1) Boob seemed surprised to see whomever was filming at the party, and apparently the fundie version of "Bless Your Heart*" is "Praise the Lord". *(Southern Urban Dictionary: Bless Your Heart 1. This is a term used by the people of the southern United States particularly near the Gulf of Mexico to express to someone that they are an idiot without saying such harsh words)

2) Boob was apparently the deliverer of the "good news" of another "blessing". UH, hello? You told JB before your Headship that you were expecting? And SET UP that he should tell your Headship on his daughter's wedding day at the reception?

Good God these people are whacked.

My thoughts exactly when I watched it. You used the father of the bride on his daughter's wedding day to tell your husband you're pregnant? That is effing bizarre :cray-cray:

And that whole exchange between the guys was just awkward, like Boob wasn't even really excited to see these people. Michelle's entrance was weird too, turning on the fake smile when she stepped into the frame.

Archived