IGNORED

Jill's Wedding Part 2

happy atheist

Back on topic.....what the hell is this dumb video on the Duggar blogspot of a random woman saying what she thought of the dress? It's like, okay, well if this dumbo thought the dress was already like that then SUCCESS. There must truly be nothing else interesting out there to post about the wedding than random guests giving feedback and thumbs up.

I had a difficult time hearing the audio due to the total chaos in the background but I think the woman was introduced as Mr. Jim's (TLC sound guy) wife? I don't understand why she's the style expert? I'd love to get Joan Rivers in that house and do a Fashion Police report though. Nothing about Jill's wedding is interesting anymore and her social media is incredibly boring. I think my 60-something parents have much more exciting lives than Zucchini! IHOP! Haircut!

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a difficult time hearing the audio due to the total chaos in the background but I think the woman was introduced as Mr. Jim's (TLC sound guy) wife? I don't understand why she's the style expert? I'd love to get Joan Rivers in that house and do a Fashion Police report though. Nothing about Jill's wedding is interesting anymore and her social media is incredibly boring. I think my 60-something parents have much more exciting lives than Zucchini! IHOP! Haircut!

The really sad part, though, is that as pathetically boring as we find her life to be right now, this is the more exciting it has ever been for her. :(

I could see that with zucchini, I mean, getting a whole bunch without effort. Some veggies are just like that. I don't have any experience with zucchini, but I get them all the time from friends who live in the country.

I've had green onions and lima beans, and both of them are the same way. You just leave 'em alone and watch 'em take over your yard. I bought green onion at the store recently, cut the green parts off, and planted the roots in my garden plot. They regenerated within a week. I'm just going to keep trimming the green tips and using them for soups.

They changed the photo on the blog today and now it cuts off at Michelle's shoulders. I wonder how many hours a week Lily and Ellie spend reading FJ? ;)

Its a totally different picture because both Boob and DQ are facing forward and looking at the camera. THAT was a quick fix!

I was at the Duggar Family Blog looking at pics of Jana and Jinger and happened to read this that Ellie wrote in one of her blog post on the wedding:

"The sea foam green bridesmaids dresses were made by Jana, who purchased basic dresses from a discount store and then bought extra material to add sleeves and a layer of cream."

This was news to me, hadn't heard that Jana made alterations to purchased dresses.

I saw that too...they looked like they had been altered by hand, and they needed an iron.

Back on topic.....what the hell is this dumb video on the Duggar blogspot of a random woman saying what she thought of the dress? It's like, okay, well if this dumbo thought the dress was already like that then SUCCESS. There must truly be nothing else interesting out there to post about the wedding than random guests giving feedback and thumbs up.

Yeah, that interview was weird. Seems the dress consultant was happy to hear that Jim's wife couldn't tell that the top had been altered, although she did notice. :think:

And what was with the sheets going across the stairs? Was that suppose to keep babies and toddlers from attempting to go up them? It was tacky. They could certainly afford a custom made baby gate there if really needed.

If Jana made the alterations, she did a good job on the sleeves. I wonder if she just ran out of fabric for the extra layers at the bottom. Honestly, if it had been me, and it came down to time and resources I would have salvaged Grandma Mary's dress to use instead of the white layers and gotten her something to wear that looked a bit more flattering on her. The color of Mary's dress was nice, but the cut was a bit tent-like on her.

Michelle, on the other hand, shouldn't have been allowed to put up her wedding dress next to Derick's father's uniform, and she should have worn a dress that actually matched the bride's theme and colors better. That bright silver mess didn't really match anyone else in the party at all.

If Jana made the alterations, she did a good job on the sleeves. I wonder if she just ran out of fabric for the extra layers at the bottom. Honestly, if it had been me, and it came down to time and resources I would have salvaged Grandma Mary's dress to use instead of the white layers and gotten her something to wear that looked a bit more flattering on her. The color of Mary's dress was nice, but the cut was a bit tent-like on her.

Michelle, on the other hand, shouldn't have been allowed to put up her wedding dress next to Derick's father's uniform, and she should have worn a dress that actually matched the bride's theme and colors better. That bright silver mess didn't really match anyone else in the party at all.

I think she meant to add that layer of cream, if you look at Jill's Pinterest. Hot. Mess.

As for Michelle's MOB dress, meh, I don't know. I have been to lots of weddings where the MOD didn't match the wedding party. I told my mom to wear whatever she was comfortable in. Of course, Michelle probably wanted to stand out as the MOB. I wonder what Cathy wore as the MOG?

I think they wanted a different color layer and totally miscalculated by choosing white/cream. Brown or even peach would have looked much better and not like their slips were showing.

I was at the Duggar Family Blog looking at pics of Jana and Jinger and happened to read this that Ellie wrote in one of her blog post on the wedding:

"The sea foam green bridesmaids dresses were made by Jana, who purchased basic dresses from a discount store and then bought extra material to add sleeves and a layer of cream."

This was news to me, hadn't heard that Jana made alterations to purchased dresses.

Does she really say that Jana MADE the dresses, rather than altered them? That's giving a little bit too much credit there....

The sleeves did look good, the cream on the bottom looked dumb.

Does she really say that Jana MADE the dresses, rather than altered them? That's giving a little bit too much credit there....

The sleeves did look good, the cream on the bottom looked dumb.

I ain't saying they looked fashion forward, but I think they were a heck of a lot nicer/cuter than some of the muu-muus fundie girls normally pick

I'm guessing it's the IBLP definition. Michelle has handed those out at speaking events and every character quality is defined like that. But all the definitions are odd.

It feels like Brainwashing 101: Create definitions for words. Require people to memorize these definitions.

Yeah, this is giving me Scientology vibes. They have their own dictionary too. Imagine how alienating it would be for someone to escape this cult only to find that they struggle to do basic things like communicate because they were taught completely different definitions for common words. It keeps people in line because they can only relate to each other

Here is a video from the wedding where you can see Michelle's dress (and hear her awesome voice)

docs.google.com/file/d/0B-7dwJd7jxGteVVUdzdfZ1BuVlU/view?sle=true

I've watched that video several times and every time I watch it it gets weirder and weirder. You're right about JB obviously having no idea who these people are. I almost get the feeling that they got invited to the wedding somehow but then just showed up at the smaller after-reception? If you watch the guy in the middle, he has some definite crazy eyes going on, plus it's almost like he's trying to hang on to JB so JB can't get away from him. Then JB acts kind of put out (understandably so considering it's his daughter's wedding reception) that he is expected to do a pregnancy announcement for the other guy's wife. And I have no idea why Mullet (who also had no idea who these people were) had to get pulled into the pregnancy announcement. The whole thing is cray cray.

Does anyone else get the feeling that guy was a sarcastic undercover snarker? "Dwayne?" It's so bad it's hilarious. The sunglasses on his forehead, the baby in a carrier, the belt buckle, the cell phone holster, working on getting a peanut or something out of his teeth....

Or maybe some of these guys are really just that obviously douchey (i've been out of the fundie loop for so long that i forgot, i guess.) :D

I love it how JB and Michelle are both kind of like "get me out of here". JB's like "My gosh Dwayne you idiot, are you going to really make me do this pregnancy announcement on camera?"

post-10046-14451999238614_thumb.jpg

Does anyone else get the feeling that guy was a sarcastic undercover snarker? "Dwayne?" It's so bad it's hilarious. The sunglasses on his forehead, the baby in a carrier, the belt buckle, the cell phone holster, working on getting a peanut or something out of his teeth....

Or maybe some of these guys are really just that obviously douchey (i've been out of the fundie loop for so long that i forgot, i guess.) :D

I love it how JB and Michelle are both kind of like "get me out of here". JB's like "My gosh Dwayne you idiot, are you going to really make me do this pregnancy announcement on camera?"

Thought the man who had made all of his last 5 or so pregnancy announcements on National TV.

I think she meant to add that layer of cream, if you look at Jill's Pinterest. Hot. Mess.

As for Michelle's MOB dress, meh, I don't know. I have been to lots of weddings where the MOD didn't match the wedding party. I told my mom to wear whatever she was comfortable in. Of course, Michelle probably wanted to stand out as the MOB. I wonder what Cathy wore as the MOG?

I've been curious about what Cathy wore, too. Did she try and coordinate with Michelle at all, or did she just wear what she liked? I hope she appears on the wedding special this fall so we can see. Cathy might just as easily have refused to sign the release papers to appear on television.

If the mothers of the bride and groom at least tried to match, it would be nice, but I have a feeling that Michelle tried to make it just about her, as usual.

In defence of my current favorite duggar, the fact that she sewed the dresses doesn't imply that she's responsible for designing them.

I think it's odd that they haven't had a VSE regarding jill's wedding.

I don't think I missed it, did I?

From Jill's own Instagram: No VSE. Episodes this fall will lead up to the wedding. And don't forget the season finale: a hastily thrown together pregnancy episode we all know will be coming; she'll certainly be knocked up before summer is finished, and so thin that the moment she starts cropping pics on IG (or others crop group pics), it's a good bet the deed is done.

In other news, Grandma and Deanna stopped by Jill's place today. She has put up a slough of pictures (framing these has certainly staved off the boredom of not working). I really hope she decides to resume her midwifery studies soon. Even Princess Erin is teaching piano!

Agreed, Kelly is much better dressed than Michelle in both those photos. I especially like the dark blue dress, that colour suits her.

The Bates dress so much better than the Duggars in general, Erin's T-shirt gown notwithstanding.

I don't understand why TLC didn't insist on someone doing Michelle's hair. Honestly, it looks messier than she normally wears it!

Well they seem to like letting the Duggars look like fools lately. I honestly wouldn't be surprised though if TLC only put their resources towards Jill/Derrick and maybe the bridesmaids/groomsmen looking good rather than anyone/everyone else. I mean, it's their day after all. However, I could also see Jchelle turning down a makeover because the more ridiculous she looks, the more people notice her. She is an attention whore after all. :roll:

On the ma'am topic -

As someone who lives in Canada, I can tell you that in the group I run with (family, friends, co-workers) this isn't even a thing! Nobody ever uses sir or ma'am - I've only heard "I was just called ma'am" stories two or three times in the past decade or so, and funny enough, the woman being called ma'am is always bummed out about it, haha.

IMO, your name is your name. If you're speaking respectfully, I just can't see it being a problem to call someone, anyone, by their given name. I never addressed my family as Auntie Alice or Unlce Bill, I just called them Alice or Bill. Grandparents were an exception as were teachers. But even my parents friends were "Ann and Bob", not Mr and Mrs Smith. It just felt natural to me - for some reason, I was actually uncomfortable as a child using more formal titles, even just Auntie A or Mr. Smith.

As another Canadian, I agree. Here (BC at least) it's pretty much considered rude to call someone sir or ma'am unless it's a customer service job sort of thing. Although most times when used in a customer service job (I used to do call center work) it still sounds like you're calling the person/they're calling you a prick or something lol.

My mum always told me to call people sir or ma'am in a formal setting, or else Mr or Mrs so-and-so, until they give you the cue to call them something else. She's always taught it as a sign of respect. Even now in my 20s I still do that - I called my boyfriend's parents sir/ma'am until they gave me the cue to call them by their first names. But older adults like my mum's friends, I've always called by their first names, and once I even got in serious shit for calling a teacher ma'am in elementary school (she yelled til I cried. I'm too introverted for my own good apparently).

I will say, though, that when training my cat (she's 3 and we're still struggling with training when it comes to the kitchen table - I say one thing & someone else says another lol) I've always told her "Hunter no ma'am" or "Hunter yes ma'am" according to the situation. She knows now when I tell her no ma'am to get off the table lol. I thought I was the only who ever did that, but then watched the Duggars do that on a recent episode almost 3 years after I started training my cat & now I'm not so keen on it lol. :shrug:

They changed the photo on the blog today and now it cuts off at Michelle's shoulders. I wonder how many hours a week Lily and Ellie spend reading FJ? ;)

That's hilarious!

As another Canadian, I agree. Here (BC at least) it's pretty much considered rude to call someone sir or ma'am unless it's a customer service job sort of thing. Although most times when used in a customer service job (I used to do call center work) it still sounds like you're calling the person/they're calling you a prick or something lol.

My mum always told me to call people sir or ma'am in a formal setting, or else Mr or Mrs so-and-so, until they give you the cue to call them something else. She's always taught it as a sign of respect. Even now in my 20s I still do that - I called my boyfriend's parents sir/ma'am until they gave me the cue to call them by their first names. But older adults like my mum's friends, I've always called by their first names, and once I even got in serious shit for calling a teacher ma'am in elementary school (she yelled til I cried. I'm too introverted for my own good apparently).

My grandparents told my Dad not to call them Mr. and Mrs. because it made them feel old and didn't feel comfortable with him calling them by their first names either. So he just grunted at them for years.

That's hilarious!

To be fair, I think they also updated the pics of Jill + Derick, and Marcus.

But yes, can't help thinking we may have helped the updates along a little ;)

My grandparents told my Dad not to call them Mr. and Mrs. because it made them feel old and didn't feel comfortable with him calling them by their first names either. So he just grunted at them for years.

This reminds me of that scene in The Princess Diaries when Mia's mum marries her algebra teacher and he tells her to call him by his first name. Because he's her teacher, she's not comfortable with this (but it's weird calling him Mr at the breakfast table), so she just calls him "Hey", as in, "Hey, can you pass the milk?" :D

Archived