IGNORED

Jill's Wedding Part 2

happy atheist

To be fair, I think they also updated the pics of Jill + Derick, and Marcus.

But yes, can't help thinking we may have helped the updates along a little ;)

But in Jim-Bob's birthday post you can still see the full meal deal :)

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But in Jim-Bob's birthday post you can still see the full meal deal :)

I can't undo that photo and happened upon it again in the birthday post *sigh*

There's one of JB about half way down that caught my eye on the DFB today. Jim Bob is standing next to Michelle in front of the TTH without any kids. He has on a nice shirt and black pants and is standing next to J'Chelle in all of her crunchy, mullet, frumper glory! From the distance of the photo he almost looks like John Edwards (the crash and burn presidential candidate of 2008).

Anyone have info on a blog from the people with 5 daughters who moved to live by the Duggars? You know there must be some interesting reading there.... :pray:

What is with this picture from the birthday post?? They seem way too ... normal ... in this photo. Maybe normal isn't the word, but it still seems .. off. IMG_8349.jpg

They do look good in that picture, much more with it and no frump/hairspray/Lego hair in sight

What is with this picture from the birthday post?? They seem way too ... normal ... in this photo. Maybe normal isn't the word, but it still seems .. off. IMG_8349.jpg

I think the "Oh crap! I'm going to be 50 next year" has hit him. :lol:

I think the "Oh crap! I'm going to be 50 next year" has hit him. :lol:

I remember this look. It was a "makeover" for the couple for a special occasion. (anniversary?) Neither of them ever repeated the look again.

That's actually a good look for Jim Bob. I like Michelle's dress, but the shrug she's wearing with it makes it look way too busy. Her hair is nicer here, too.

Wow. Jim bob looks good. I'm impressed. He looks like a normal dude. I just can't get over how much BETTER that outfit is on him. They almost look like a normal couple, like without knowing them you wouldn't know they hold bat shit crazy beliefs. :shock: they sure look a lot younger when dressed this way.

I actually really like JChelles dress. The colour suits her and even her jacket looks good (maybe I'm only saying that because I swear my own mum has the same jacket lol). Although I do find it slightly amusing that she's covering her lower legs with her giant purse, like its some sort of modesty shield or something.

I love it! You're probably right about the Modesty ShieldTM purse covering her legs. I just kept thinking about how her bag didn't match the rest of her outfit at all. :lol:

Kind of sad, though, how the self-shame always seems to come through in fundieism - Michelle's not immodestly dressed, and she looks pretty good here, so it makes you wonder why she would feel the need to worry about her legs. Pretty sure she was wearing tights there, too.

Omg I totally missed that photo the first time around...maybe it was because I didn't have tv for like two years. They both look years younger in this photo, its really a balanced look for them. I guess you could call it "Fresh" with the times while maintaining a level of maturity.

I ain't saying they looked fashion forward, but I think they were a heck of a lot nicer/cuter than some of the muu-muus fundie girls normally pick

I think the fact that they weren't the typical floor length shiny, way too much of one color, type dresses that are usually at fundie weddings shows just how far they've drifted from where they started. Even the Bates, whose girls now dress similarly to the Duggars (maybe a bit plainer), had them floor length. They were floor length at Josh & Anna's wedding and Boob & J'Chelle's vow renewal as well.

Like all reality TV shows, everything eventually becomes for the cameras, and they only still seem sort of normal and not completely crazy and extravagant like Kate Plus 8 became is because they were so far out there to begin with.

And I actually like the white bottoms. I think they compliment the sea foam green color nicely.

Kind of sad, though, how the self-shame always seems to come through in fundieism - Michelle's not immodestly dressed, and she looks pretty good here, so it makes you wonder why she would feel the need to worry about her legs. Pretty sure she was wearing tights there, too.

Maybe she's hiding varicose veins? After 17 pregnancies, it wouldn't surprise me if she had a few. Of course, it's not any healthier to be ashamed of your varicose veins than it is to be ashamed of your defrauding calves, but it's at least a more normal reason for a 40-something mother to be hiding her legs in a photo (not that a 40-something mother can't have sexy calves, just that it's unlikely a younger, nulliparous woman would be concerned about varicose veins).

OT: To whom it may concern: here are some more pics of Boobs contemporary hair experiment in 2012: duggarfamily.com/content/photos?&albumid=5768419552914778593

So no more pics of Dills wedding huh? Boring. Looking forward to the next Batese getting married instead!

OT: To whom it may concern: here are some more pics of Boobs contemporary hair experiment in 2012: duggarfamily.com/content/photos?&albumid=5768419552914778593

So no more pics of Dills wedding huh? Boring. Looking forward to the next Batese getting married instead!

SOTDRT fail: lh5.ggpht.com/-3OHxdt9d5lM/UA8BdMydLPI/AAAAAAAAHmc/y1zYs0Mppu4/IMG_8263.jpg

I love it! You're probably right about the Modesty ShieldTM purse covering her legs. I just kept thinking about how her bag didn't match the rest of her outfit at all. :lol:

I'm going to hazard that bearing so many kids has really done a number on her body. As much as she'd like to pretend she isn't vain, she's probably self conscious about her body. All the extra weight has probably even given her some wicked varicose veins. I have a few which I'm incredibly conscious of, and I've only had one child.

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster!

Anyone have info on a blog from the people with 5 daughters who moved to live by the Duggars? You know there must be some interesting reading there.... :pray:

I think I have a lead on this. I was looking through Smuggar's Instagram and I came across this picture 28W back.

370dd5.jpg

I'm 99.9% sure this is the same woman. I clicked on her name, but her profile is private.

d1a472.jpg

Unlikely mama? What could that mean? I googled their names and got this vimeo link, complete with the fundie buzzword, testimony! Of course the Duggars are going to take these people under their wings–they can use them as an example. I'll let you all watch the video and give me your takes about it. I don't know much about Vimeo/embeds so I don't want to embed it just in case it can be traced back to here, but here is the link!

Vimeo.com/87106620

Marci Monte Dauer (Bates tour guide earlier this month in San Francisco) has a TON of pics from the wedding up on her public fb page. Included: full length shot of Mullet's gown (she wore the long version of Kelly's dress and looks HORRIBLE!), pics of the food (tacky, Boob didn't even spring for PAPER tablecloths), grocery store sheet cakes and a Rice Krispy treat pyramid with a little heart in the side.

AND a pic of Cooper Dauer with BinBob (why? they don't run in the same circles) and another with his arm around Jinger's shoulder (maybe they're going to be future brothers-in-law)!!! :pink-shock:

Nothing says 'Welcome to Our Wedding' quite like a reminder not to break a 'federal law'.

post-8463-14451999245218_thumb.jpg

Marci Monte Dauer (Bates tour guide earlier this month in San Francisco) has a TON of pics from the wedding up on her public fb page. Included: full length shot of Mullet's gown (she wore the long version of Kelly's dress and looks HORRIBLE!), pics of the food (tacky, Boob didn't even spring for PAPER tablecloths), grocery store sheet cakes and a Rice Krispy treat pyramid with a little heart in the side.

AND a pic of Cooper Dauer with BinBob (why? they don't run in the same circles) and another with his arm around Jinger's shoulder (maybe they're going to be future brothers-in-law)!!! :pink-shock:

Wow. So many questions raised from those pics (and some answered as well).

Why are Michelle's friends also wearing teal?

What are those peach ribbons that the Dauer family are wearing?

WHY did Michelle pick the long version of that dress?

I quite like Marci's outfit - seems to be the only person really dressed for a wedding (besides the black - some people are funny about that).

I find the picture of the framed 'no photography' notice amusing. I guess that's part of life growing up on a reality TV show. Jill is trying to make the best of it.

EDIT: and I just saw "Dav & Cil's" custom number plate. LOL

EDIT 2: Why is Michelle standing on something here? https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

She just loves being the centre of attention, doesn't she?

Archived