IGNORED

Melanie Maxwell delivered Andrew

Dru

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does Melanie look like she has any make-up on? She doesn't look like it, and it makes her face look kind of pasty. The baby is cute.

Drew is topless. I am defrauded. :shock:

(He's a cute little guy. To bad he's a Maxwell.)

You're defrauded too? :shock:

Sarah notes in this posts that Sundays are the day they spend more time together as a family. I still cannot fathom how she does not understand that there are still only 24 hours in a Sunday and not the 30 hours required for them to spend more time together. As a family.

Nathan looks like a guy who's heard way too many sermons. He looks stressed out way beyond and above the birth trauma, you'd think he'd look relieved like Melanie now that the danger is past.

time to make friends with Perry Coghlan :lol:

[bBvideo 560,340:3jv03mdw]

[/bBvideo]

Sarah notes in this posts that Sundays are the day they spend more time together as a family. I still cannot fathom how she does not understand that there are still only 24 hours in a Sunday and not the 30 hours required for them to spend more time together. As a family.

Saw that too. Still don't get why she says that "extra family time".

Saw that too. Still don't get why she says that "extra family time".

She might mean that they don't split up to work on personal projects on Sundays--no one does 1TonRamp, or writing, or fan-blade cleaning. Nope, they just sit around in the Jesus room hashing over the Bible for the 3943948739743974839th time.

All the other days they do gender appropriate busy work. The 'girls' only have to put up with the company of 3 other ppl, the 'boys' have to put up with 4 . On Sundays, they don't even do that. Both parents and all of their sibs are breathing down their necks all day.

The Maxwells will tell you they are very busy during the week with work, projects and chores, so Sunday is their day of rest.

I thought the picture of Melanie looked good, especially as the mother of a new born.

Agree, I think Mel looks good. Tired for sure, but that's pretty typical for a mom of a newborn.

I wonder if Nathan always looks crazy or if that's just how he photographs.

I don't think Mel looks her best but who does this soon after having a baby. It is a pity Christopher doesn't have the photographic skills to make Nathan & Mel look good.

Christopher always uses shadows in a creepy way that aren't flattering to his subjects. Despite that, Drew is a cutie and I love his sock monkey outfit (I wonder who made that for him?) and his summery plaid overalls. I'd like to know the significance of the charcoal gray swaddle photos? He looks so tightly wrapped.

Did anyone catch what Sarah wrote about not being there for the photo shoot because she was en route home? En route home from where??? Oh, I hope this means she has friends or even that she was allowed to go to the store by herself!

Did anyone catch what Sarah wrote about not being there for the photo shoot because she was en route home? En route home from where??? Oh, I hope this means she has friends or even that she was allowed to go to the store by herself!

Oh, FDD, you are so silly! Sarah doesn't go anywhere by herself or with anyone except her family. She was en route home from their conference in Colorado.

Okay, I know I'm supposed to defend the fellow fundies and stuff, but I just shake my head when it comes to the Maxwells. My daughter likes to read their blog because she likes Mary and we think the littles are cute. After seeing this post we went and checked....did you see the previous post? Sarah explains why Mary is wearing a sweatshirt. All serious like. It's just.....bizarre. We just looked at each other, and I said, "their life seems so boring." I have so much to say about them. Sigh.

Count me in as someone who thinks Mel could look better, but only because I think they put her in an unflattering pose that makes her chin blend into her neck. She doesn't look overly tired for having a newborn.

I think the problem with these photos is that they tried to make them look like a professional photoshoot - without hiring a professional photographer. Honestly, a bunch of selfies would have been better.

I think the problem with these photos is that they tried to make them look like a professional photoshoot - without hiring a professional photographer. Honestly, a bunch of selfies would have been better.

Agreed. If the photographer hadn't cropped them so close they'd look better, imo.

This is adorable. What is it about sleeping babies that gives me baby fever? Time to volunteer in the church nursery. :lol:

post-10046-14451999295548_thumb.jpg

Agreed. If the photographer hadn't cropped them so close they'd look better, imo.

This is adorable. What is it about sleeping babies that gives me baby fever?

The fact that when they're sleeping they can't be crying? :lol:

The grayish swaddling blanket looks stretchy. Is it knitted or crochet? It's unusual, especially the color. I like it, and the matching cap.

Firstly, a disclaimer: I'm on my phone with the (very small)screen turned low.

I had to hazard a guess I'd say it's actually an open weave gauze that's been wrapped with all the wrinkly bits hidden underneath. The other (less likely, IMO) possibility is that it's the wrong side of stockinette in a fine, uneven yarn.

I like the colour too.

Nathan had scary eyes the time I saw him. That said, he seemed pretty down-to-earth and a calm dad & husband.

My thought was, Melanie chose to go sans fards in reaction to the well-groomed photos of her sister Grace on FB.

Yep, *sleeping*/quiet babies get me every time. Heh!!!

Do you think Nathan and Melanie secretly did a real photo shoot with a real photographer too?

BLASPHEMY!! The only real Maxwell-approved and certified photographer is Christopher!

Archived