IGNORED

Melanie Maxwell delivered Andrew

Dru

Isn't that the truth? Not that the Maxwells owe their blog readers a blow by blow, but when Sarah wrote this;

"Around lunchtime, my body didn’t do so well, and suddenly, the room filled up with all kinds of people. The nurses put some medicine in my IV line. I guess it saved my life! I didn’t mean to scare Daddy and Mommy, and I’ll try not to do that again."

I was really worried for him. I feel a little better after reading Grace's post.

But, I recall Sarah scaring everyone after Christina was born by saying something like Melanie wasn't doing very well and then signing off.

Turns out Melanie had a C-section rather than natural child birth, and that was "not doing well" in Sarah's world.

Maybe Sarah likes a bit of drama in her life.

Maybe, but I also think she's also been taught to see the whole world as a spiritual battle ground, so even things like a C-section are part of the war between God and Satan. Of course to her it's going to seem dramatic.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For once, I'd love for the Maxwell family or other fundies to write a post praising the doctors and nurses whose religious beliefs allowed them to get a college education and save their newborn's life.

But the doctors didn't do it. Prayer and God did. god saved their babies life. :roll: no praise for the years of schooling for doctors.

Have the Moody's ever had a baby in the NICU or will that be in the next book?

I'm sure the baby will be very loved, and prized for being a boy. Expectations must be high - for his sake (but not his mother's) I think it would be good if they had another boy.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if they did it that way (look at the Duggar's setup). Bedroom for mom & dad, bedroom for the girls, bedroom for the boys, guest bedroom. Cameras and/or intercoms in the house wouldn't surprise me either.

But the duggars designed their house that way. I mean a "regular" fundie family who buys or rents a normal house. My house is three or four bedrooms - depending on how you look at it - and I have two children. They each have their own room, bc I have a girl who loves pink and fairies and ballerinas, and I also have a boy who likes trains and dinosaurs. But if I had two girls, I wouldn't force them to share a room just bc they're both girls. That just seems beyond ridiculous. Of course, my sons room is really just a place for his toys and clothes. He usually sleeps with his sister or me. He rarely sleeps in his room. And we know how evil that would be for two small children of the opposite sex to share a room, let alone a bed. :naughty:

Have the Moody's ever had a baby in the NICU or will that be in the next book?

Some friends of the Moodys' did. And all of the Moodys were allowed in the NICU for some reason, and allowed to hold the baby, despite generally no one besides immediate family being allowed in NICUs.

They call him Nat - I don't think we've ever heard the Maxwell's use that as a nickname.

Grace managed to give a lot more detailed information in that tiny paragraph than Sarah did in that long post. :?

Check out Grace's FB page - a life full of travel, adventure, a singing career...I wonder if the Maxwell "children" have been allowed so much as a moment of time with her??

Dang, that is a big pre-term baby! My daughter was a week late and she only weighed 6lb 13oz.

Given that Christina was 9lb6oz at what, 38 weeks? it isn't really that out of the realm for this one to be 7lb4oz (or 7lb8oz, according to the sister).

It sounds like he might have gone into cardiac arrest: the heart problem alluded to, plus the medication given during the "scare?" I have zero experience with this kind of thing, so like Poor Sarah, I wouldn't be the most reliable narrator of facts.

Friends of the family visiting a NICU and all holding the baby? She IS really ignorant of how the world works, even parts of it to which she's had a little exposure, albeit indirectly.

That creeps me out more than anything else in the post, though "I didn't mean to scare Daddy and Mommy, and I'll try not to do that again." comes close. They should be worrying about how he's feeling, not the other way around.

Keep in mind, Nathan and Melanie did not put those words out using their son's name. This stuff is coming from Sarah and probably Steve. I'm sure Nathan and Melanie are very worried about baby Drew.

I wonder if he had a patent ductus arteriosus? It should close shortly after birth but if not, they give indomethacin and it closes. If not, there would be more invasive options. I wouldn't suspect there would be visitors if it was much more serious.

Looking through Mel's sisters facebook page and read this:

This article may not make me popular but I found it interesting and I am happy that Hobby Lobby will not be forced to provide the morning after pill. I don't believe a company should be forced to pay for something to ensure life is stopped that another individual's choices started. It is a matter of freedom of conscience.

Being very transparent here, in my not so pretty past, I was strongly pressured to take the morning after pill before and even really wished I could but my conscience would not allow it. I cannot imagine being forced to choose between violating my conscience for another's choices or losing my livelihood.

"It’s worth noting that Hobby Lobby has no problem with contraception — it already provides birth control. The company only took issue with abortion-inducing drugs, like the Morning After Pill.

Progressives have reacted to the ruling in their typically reasonable way, calling for Hobby Lobby to be burned to the ground, marking the first time in recorded history that anyone has made terroristic threats against an arts and crafts chain. Jo-Ann Fabrics better start beefing up its security."

.......................................................................................

I am not trying to bring up the Hobby Lobby topic on this thread- I know there is a separate thread for that. However, I was shocked that she was admitting being pressured into taking the morning after pill. This implies she has had sex. I hope this was not the case of a rape.

Just read more on her facebook wall...she is way different then her sister. I was not aware. She has pictures of her with alcohol. She sings in bars. Wow.

Looking through Mel's sisters facebook page and read this:

This article may not make me popular but I found it interesting and I am happy that Hobby Lobby will not be forced to provide the morning after pill. I don't believe a company should be forced to pay for something to ensure life is stopped that another individual's choices started. It is a matter of freedom of conscience.

Being very transparent here, in my not so pretty past, I was strongly pressured to take the morning after pill before and even really wished I could but my conscience would not allow it. I cannot imagine being forced to choose between violating my conscience for another's choices or losing my livelihood.

"It’s worth noting that Hobby Lobby has no problem with contraception — it already provides birth control. The company only took issue with abortion-inducing drugs, like the Morning After Pill.

Progressives have reacted to the ruling in their typically reasonable way, calling for Hobby Lobby to be burned to the ground, marking the first time in recorded history that anyone has made terroristic threats against an arts and crafts chain. Jo-Ann Fabrics better start beefing up its security."

.......................................................................................

I am not trying to bring up the Hobby Lobby topic on this thread- I know there is a separate thread for that. However, I was shocked that she was admitting being pressured into taking the morning after pill. This implies she has had sex. I hope this was not the case of a rape.

I have lost all respect for this sister. She still had a choice to take the morning after pill and wants to take that choice away from other women.

As a nurse and a Christian it drives me bonkers when people fail to thank their doctors, nurses, CNAs, lab techs, ultrasound techs, etc. etc. and just thank God. Yes, thank God. But God did not deliver that baby. God did not insert his IV line.

That being said, I am glad that baby Drew is healthy. I sincerely hope this is Melanie's last pregnancy. As a currently pregnant woman with 4 young kids I can't imagine how stressful it was for her to be stuck in a hospital on bedrest - I know I would go crazy.

I was happy to read that one post about a nurse taking Melanie outside for lunch!

Quick question here- if Nathan and Melanie never have another boy, will this one get his own room? It is well known the Maxwells refuse to let their kids have their own rooms, but they also refuse to let boys room with girls. I wonder how that would work out?

Maybe they can make the boy sleep on the couch. Or have no door on his room. What's important is that he have no privacy.

Silly people, didn't you read Sarah's posts?! He is their FIRST son. They obviously expect more boys. ; o )

Silly people, didn't you read Sarah's posts?! He is their FIRST son. They obviously expect more boys. ; o )

Obviously they learned the trick to praying just right for a boy. Now that they've mastered that, they can continue to have boys. And since Melanie and Andrew are both fine, obviously they can keep popping them out. For Jesus of course

Obviously they learned the trick to praying just right for a boy. Now that they've mastered that, they can continue to have boys. And since Melanie and Andrew are both fine, obviously they can keep popping them out. For Jesus of course

I think u r both right & they will be having more kids & hoping for boys.

While I'm not so naïve as to think they'll start to use birth control, it really is terrifying to think that trying for more kids will continue. Melanie is 39, she very well could get pregnant one or two more times. The thought of how much danger her health could be in, with four young children at home, really scares me.

And good points from the posters above who point out how much these difficult pregnancies affect the younger children and their schooling. Those kids are LITTLE, and they need a mom. It's strange to me that a culture that emphasizes family and women becoming mothers above all else can't seem to understand this.

Not hoping - praying. :whistle:

God I really hope they do stop, but Justme is right, they said first boy, so they definitely will want more. :(

But Melanie is 38, and if her pattern holds she'll be 40 when the next blessing shows up. It's definitely possible for her to have one or two more (she'd be 42 when the next one after that comes). Thankfully, though, that would likely be it, because she'd be in her mid-40s.

I'm going to hope it's only one more or no more. The children that she has already need her more than they need to follow Steve into trying for more children.

Agreed, but I wonder how much pressure Nathan puts on himself about having a quiver of 4. I'm sure it hurts his ego, even without Steve; especially knowing that Christopher is likely to have a much larger quiver.

Love how the updates have stopped for a couple of days. Lots of build up, prayers please, drama, and then - boom- nothing. Sure, I know things are busy, but write one decent sentence (not a baby rambling) and update all those blog readers who really hang on this stuff...and FJers too!

Methinks Sarah is quite the drama queen, but I can't blame her. When life is so, so, so dull, it's inevitable that you'd latch on to any bit of thrill that comes your way.

I really do hope that Drew is skating through his early days now; I just think it's rude to get everyone on their knees praying and then keep them there. Oh, wait...

Archived