IGNORED

Melanie Maxwell delivered Andrew

Dru

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This must be so difficult for them. I hope they can keep the baby 'in' for a few more days, at least, since there is no labor happening.

Did we know before that the baby is a boy or is this new info?

I hope she is able to keep on being pregnant for a few more weeks, the longer the baby is in there, the better.

Do the Maxwells allow for medical intervention during pregnancy? Like is it fine for her to try and buy 24-48 hours and get steroid injections for lung development?

34 weeks isn't horrible. I had my daughter at 34 weeks exactly, she was small but fine. the hardest part was she had a hard time with feeding the first month. My daughter spent a few days in the NICU for observation and I felt so bad for all the moms with 1-2-3lb babies that had spent months there.

Of course it must be hard for Melanie to see homebirthing healthy Anna Marie's pregnancies compared to hers. I hope with this boy Melanie might stop and enjoy her kids.

Hope they're OK. Does anyone know how long a baby can reasonably be expected to stay in the womb after the water breaks? Would docs try to stop labor after are steroids given for the baby's lungs and there's time for them to work?

Luckily the Maxwells are okay with medical intervention to save a pregnancy. Hopefully the baby will stay in for a little longer. Poor Melanie and baby. :(

Of course it must be hard for Melanie to see homebirthing healthy Anna Marie's pregnancies compared to hers. I hope with this boy Melanie might stop and enjoy her kids.

Agree w/ you on both accounts.

Hope they're OK. Does anyone know how long a baby can reasonably be expected to stay in the womb after the water breaks? Would docs try to stop labor after are steroids given for the baby's lungs and there's time for them to work?

I have known several women who have gone over a month but they were much earlier. There is a risk of infection so it is weighing risk or infection vs lung development. At 34 weeks the baby should be near the 4 lb range and very few complications if born at this age. If they can get 2 shots in for the lungs in the next 24 hours the baby should be okay, a little small but okay. My neighbors daughter gave birth naturally to twins at 34 weeks a month ago and they came home after 5 days, small but doing fine.

Didn't Sarah Pope's second pregnancy have her water break at about 20 weeks and she made it to near 32 weeks or so?

Hope everything works out for them. Hopefully this will be their last baby. I can't imagine them wanting to test God again. But, they are crazy, so who knows?

Sarah Pope had contractions at 17 or 18 weeks. I don't think her water broke. Totally different situation.

Poor woman. I'm surprised she has any sanity left :(

IIRC, babies born at 34 weeks or later are usually pretty okay, so they don't try to prevent labour if it precipitates, although I think they usually give the steroids to mature the baby's lungs. It's a trade off between risk of infection now the waters have broken and risks to the baby's health, and at after 34 weeks the risk of infection is the greater risk. USA medical system may be different from here though, and I am not a medical professional so please feel free to correct me!

She's just on the cusp. At 34 weeks they generally will induce if labor doesn't ensue within 24 hours because of the risk of infection.

They might monitor her and let her go a few more days depending on the OB.

She is just not made for having babies. I think Chrissy was the only one where she didn't have any problems. All her babies were born at the hospital. He's nearly 34 weeks. He should be fine. He'll probably have to stay in the hospital a short time.

I hope the SCAMaritan people are ready to pay for another hefty hospital bill.

God let Melanie and Baby Boy Max be OK. Even though I don't agree with the Maxwell's interpetation of the Bible and their rigid lifetsyle I don't wish any harm on them.

Poor Melanie. I hope the baby is ok and that they stop risking her health with more pregnancies. We all know that's not going to happen though.... And she's got at least 8 or so more years of fertility.......

I'm not surprised -- Melanie has had a history of complications during pregnancies, usually premature labor. This time her water broke with NO labor -- go figure! They will probably keep her in the hospital, try to get her to eat as much as she can to put some weight on the baby, she'll get shots for the lung development, and then hopefully she'll go into labor on her own, but maybe they will induce to reduce the risk of infection. He will likely be just fine, maybe spend some time in NICU depending on how big he is, but 33+ weeks is good with the proper medical attention.

ETA: Just thought of this -- if he's at 33.6 weeks, he may not be head down, right? I don't remember when babies typically turn, but if he hasn't and they can't get him to, I guess she may be up for a C-section. But I think she's had one before, hasn't she?

I can't even wish them well. I don't wish harm but I don't wish well either. Their god created that life and their god can make it or not. I can't bring myself to even have compassion for people who choose new life over existing life. I can't wish or hope for a child to be born into the Maxwell cult.

I don't want death, let me repeat. But I refuse to even consider 'best wishes' for them, their choices and their priorities. Melanie clearly means nothing compared to new babies. Babies mean nothing to an agenda.

I can't even wish them well. I don't wish harm but I don't wish well either. Their god created that life and their god can make it or not. I can't bring myself to even have compassion for people who choose new life over existing life. I can't wish or hope for a child to be born into the Maxwell cult.

I don't want death, let me repeat. But I refuse to even consider 'best wishes' for them, their choices and their priorities. Melanie clearly means nothing compared to new babies. Babies mean nothing to an agenda.

This. Note in their blog post they said "please pray for Baby Boy and Melanie. Even an unborn child/fetus gets top billing over it's mother.

Archived