IGNORED

Melanie Maxwell delivered Andrew

Dru

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Uh, Jesse honey, those flourescent green shoes, not with that shirt!

Well, and aren't they a bit like having buttons on the bodice of a frumper and they draw the eyes to shameful places? Those say "look at my penis" like nobody's business!

Oh great, a three post series on ruining the fair for countless people. When are we going to get a second (or third?) instalment addressed to the haters (or was it naysayers)?

You know. A friend of mine has a 3 year old daughter I sometimes take for an afternoon's rest for mum and dad, and I usually put her hair in pig-tails that stick straight out both sides of her head ... as one does with a 3 year old. Reversal-Anna's hair reminds me of this, but a little lower and with one of the sides missing. Who is she getting styling advice from, her nieces?

ETA: Albert Brainstein? Really? For a Christian come-to-Jesus gimmick? Do they even know anything about Albert Einstein or why he was forced into exile and ended up in the US?

Uh, Jesse honey, those flourescent green shoes, not with that shirt!

Hey, he's a Maxwell -- anything other than beige should be encouraged.

Jesse's ending quote:

“For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and

yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.â€

James 2:10

I guess the "one point" is supposed to mean not believing in Jesus as messiah, since that was their reason for annoying people.

But what occurred to me was that not bothering to register, pay for a booth, or get permission for this strikes me as skirting the law, or at least the rules of the fair. :penguin-no:

When I read those three reports, especially Jesse's, I couldn't help wondering where the 3rd group of fair-goers were:

1. the ones who listened politely - or even enthusiastically for $5,

2. the ones that moved on and away reasonably politely, and

3. the ones who said "Fuck Off You Jesus Freaks!"

But perhaps Kansas is more polite than my neck of the woods. :whistle:

Balloons and a clipboard.

It seems they mainly targeted kids who were at the fair alone. I'm those kids parents would have loved the idea of having their children accosted and told they were going to hell. :?

Just slightly hypocritical. Ahem. The Maxwell offspring are isolated from the world so that no other person can poison their mind with thought. The whole premise of Steveie's control of them is to 'guard and protect', blah, blah, blah. Yet, what does he do? He sends out his isolated offspring to assault someone else's children, because apparently that is ok. Even at the county fair; it's so ok they create several posts about it. And what do they tell these children of other people? That they're sinners and going to die and go to hell.

How very...Maxwellian of them.

Assholes.

Oh the wisdom!! Call me awed! You can eat a sandwich two ways! Wise beyond her years.......... :angry-banghead:

Just slightly hypocritical. Ahem. The Maxwell offspring are isolated from the world so that no other person can poison their mind with thought. The whole premise of Steveie's control of them is to 'guard and protect', blah, blah, blah. Yet, what does he do? He sends out his isolated offspring to assault someone else's children, because apparently that is ok. Even at the county fair; it's so ok they create several posts about it. And what do they tell these children of other people? That they're sinners and going to die and go to hell.

How very...Maxwellian of them.

Assholes.

Plus, publishing pictures of the kids on an internet blog. :naughty:

Mrs. Mari is posting again. I thought there was a dust up of some sort. Do I remember incorrectly?

Mrs. Mari is posting again. I thought there was a dust up of some sort. Do I remember incorrectly?

I think someone here figured out Mrs. Mari and (FJer) Queen Mother were the same person.

Seems she was playing for both teams; posting gossip about the Maxwells here, and reporting back to Steve about what people here were saying.

I don't know if Steve ever found out, but she stopped posting here and there for a long time.

Oh great, a three post series on ruining the fair for countless people. When are we going to get a second (or third?) instalment addressed to the haters (or was it naysayers)?

You know. A friend of mine has a 3 year old daughter I sometimes take for an afternoon's rest for mum and dad, and I usually put her hair in pig-tails that stick straight out both sides of her head ... as one does with a 3 year old. Reversal-Anna's hair reminds me of this, but a little lower and with one of the sides missing. Who is she getting styling advice from, her nieces?

ETA: Albert Brainstein? Really? For a Christian come-to-Jesus gimmick? Do they even know anything about Albert Einstein or why he was forced into exile and ended up in the US?

Narnia, of course. :wink-kitty:

post-10046-14451999315757_thumb.jpg

post-10046-14451999316095_thumb.jpg

post-10046-14451999316607_thumb.jpg

[bBvideo 560,340:i4kt0k11]

[/bBvideo]

...not sure what's up with this video unless the actors got into a relationship IRL because, um they're bro and sis in the movie. :shock:

When I read those three reports, especially Jesse's, I couldn't help wondering where the 3rd group of fair-goers were:

1. the ones who listened politely - or even enthusiastically for $5,

2. the ones that moved on and away reasonably politely, and

3. the ones who said "Fuck Off You Jesus Freaks!"

But perhaps Kansas is more polite than my neck of the woods. :whistle:

Kansas is pretty conservative and religious overall, but I still can't imagine they didn't get pushback from some fairgoers. If I found out someone was targeting my kid for proselytizing in a public place, I would hit the roof.

[quote="Palimpsest"

Kansas is pretty conservative and religious overall, but I still can't imagine they didn't get pushback from some fairgoers. If I found out someone was targeting my kid for proselytizing in a public place, I would hit the roof.

Interesting. And I'm sure Steve would as well if anyone tried to proselytize his kids to Islam or Buddhism or anything. Hmmmmm, I wonder how he reacts to, say, Mormons and JWs who come to your door or whatever. One time a year ago I had a JW come to me at the bus stop. I had fun with it; she talked about protests and I mentioned the Westboro Baptist Church and she said she'd never heard of it....... :o

Sarah did say "not everyone was available" so I guess they're figuring out that they CAN talk to other people separately and don't need to be together every second of the day.

Mary got to talk to teenagers without Steve hovering over her? Were any of them boys, or did it have to be only girls? You never know what could happen. Sarah, well, she's almost old enough to be their mother.

Well, hopefully this IS a small step towards more of the "getting out of my comfort zone".

Interesting. And I'm sure Steve would as well if anyone tried to proselytize his kids to Islam or Buddhism or anything. Hmmmmm, I wonder how he reacts to, say, Mormons and JWs who come to your door or whatever.

Wll, hopefully this IS a small step towards more of the "getting out of my comfort zone".

Remember Steve is the guy who freaked out because he was watching a movie about mountain climbing with his kids and there was a scene in some religious building (whether it was Catholic, Orthodox, or Buddhist is yet to be determined ) with candles (!!!). He is still wracked with guilt all these years later for exposing his kids to that. So yeah, hypocrisy.

Considering Sarah refers to Catholics as "Christians" (with condescending scare quotes around the word), I'm sure Steve ain't down with the Mormons or the JWs. I wouldn't be surprised if the Maxwell kids believe that Muslims and Buddhists subsist by devouring human babies.

Also, Anna's hair is a hot mess. She really needs to let Mary style her before she goes out. And how on earth does Mary get so much volume at the crown of her head when she does a side braid? I wear that style sometimes when I don't want to bother with straightening my hair and it never looks that good. It's kind of bothering me that a Maxwell is better than me at styling.

Edited for clarity.

Oh the wisdom!! Call me awed! You can eat a sandwich two ways! Wise beyond her years.......... :angry-banghead:

I think it's showing of how well they raise their kids. My youngest daughter doesn't like the crusts. And because I, horrible atheist, send her to school (oh horror) she is able to get away with not eating them a lot. So, although my daughter is education wise superior to their girls (she knows there are 3 ways to eat a sandwich: crust first, crust last or crust not at all), she's morally severely lacking. Isn't "do you eat your crusts?" the first question of the good-person-test?

(Snipped....so to speak...)

Also, Anna's hair is a hot mess. She really needs to let Mary style her before she goes out. And how on earth does Mary get so much volume at the crown of her head when she does a side braid? I wear that style sometimes when I don't want to bother with straightening my hair and it never looks that good. It's kind of bothering me that a Maxwell is better than me at styling.

Edited for clarity.

Don't let yourself be bothered -- I can tell from the photos that Mary has exceptionally good hair. Look at the thickness of her braid. What's more, she may have cowlicks or growth patterns that help the hair puff up naturally.

I'm not presuming anything about your hair!!! Just saying that Mary has a natural advantage over probably a good 75% of the population ... good persons or not!!! ;-)

Edited to save a little space.

Don't let yourself be bothered -- I can tell from the photos that Mary has exceptionally good hair. Look at the thickness of her braid. What's more, she may have cowlicks or growth patterns that help the hair puff up naturally.

I'm not presuming anything about your hair!!! Just saying that Mary has a natural advantage over probably a good 75% of the population ... good persons or not!!! ;-)

Hehe, no offense taken over here! She really does have great hair. Volume and softness are a rare combo. I have the latter, but definitely not the former. Though Mary has to live as a Maxwell, so it seems only fair that life would throw the poor girl a bone.

Just checking out Serving Jesus, Jesse's post. Gosh he got to see male shoulders and ankles!1!

Interesting that neither jilted Joseph or sin-in-the-camp John were allowed to attend. I guess that Terri was baby sitting them whilst they were attending to 1Ton Romp stuff of building a Jacuzzi for Joseph's never to be lived in, debt free house®™

In the past weren't only the non reversal boys allowed to attend the country fair, and they handed out Pepsi until Stevie deemed the whole thing defrauding?

Us FJ's cannot be the only people who found the penis balloons funny, and I bed a few others they 'witnessed' had a laugh at this Maxwell classic fail.

Oh and Stevie, maybe a recipe audit needs laying on your heart, as you are starting to grow moobs, maybe leaving out the beans out of the boritos as nobody can taste the difference? Something to think about?? :wink-penguin:

In the comments of Sarah's post someone ask her which camera she use. She reply a Nikon D800, I google it... Whooo it's a very pricey camera... The average price for the raw camera is 1500-1800 €... They definitely have a lot of money !

It's $2800 USD on Amazon. Jeeze, the family business must be doing better than we thought!

It's $2800 USD on Amazon. Jeeze, the family business must be doing better than we thought!

What else is she going to spend her Moody Money on though? She lives at home so no rent, no food, no utilities. She doesn't dress as though she spends tons of money on her clothes. The frugality in those areas alone leaves plenty of extra left over.

I'm trying to think of mountain climbing movies. Seven Years in Tibet is based on the life of a German mountaineer who lived with Tibetan monks for a while. Among those monks was the young Dalai Lama. I don't think that the MaxHells would stumble on that on accidentally. I can think of any mountaineering movies that involve the Catholic Church except for Alive which is about a plane crash in the Andes involving an Uruguayan soccer team. One of the survivors wrote that they looked on their cannabilising the dead as being akin to the Eucharist. I don't remember any scenes set in a church, though. I suppose Lost Horizon could be the film. The High Lama of a lost and hidden paradise is one of the characters.

edited to correct the name of the soccer team

It's been awhile, but I'm almost positive Steve said it was a mountain climbing documentary, and one of the climbers went to a Buddhist temple to pray before starting on his climb.

I think he told the story in the Keeping Hearts book.

I can't imagine not wanting your children to even be aware that other beliefs exist. Does he really believe they'd give up their faith just by watching someone practice a different one?

I think he does. Because then the kids would see that other people have faith that is equal to their, but just in something else. Then the kids might question why their faith is better, and wonder if there are multiple ways to be heaven.

Interacting with those that are different, even indirectly through watching a documentary, is a sure fire way to see those that are different as people that are equal and whose beliefs are deserving of respect.

Can't have that.

It's been awhile, but I'm almost positive Steve said it was a mountain climbing documentary, and one of the climbers went to a Buddhist temple to pray before starting on his climb.

I think he told the story in the Keeping Hearts book.

I can't imagine not wanting your children to even be aware that other beliefs exist. Does he really believe they'd give up their faith just by watching someone practice a different one?

It was a documentary and it seems the religion was Buddhism. I just can't even conceive of how Steve thinks even being exposed to another religion is a sin.

Courtesy of Sparkles in another thread about this, here is the link to the essay:

web.archive.org/web/19990921085137/http://www.titus2.com/Corners/frame1.htm

Here's the relevant excerpt (aka, the moment when Nausicaa25 believes Steve fell irreversibly down the pharisaic rabbithole of paranoid crazy):

"When the little ones were in bed, I chose to preview them, so we carried the TV and VCR out of the downstairs closet. To my amazement, the opening scene began in a temple where one of the climbers was lighting candles. Ugh! My heart then began to twinge a bit under conviction and that should have been enough to stop it right there. However, the mental excuses and gymnastics began as I thought of the $30 I paid for this one. Besides, there probably wouldn’t be any more problems with the video (Sure..).

And so the story unfolded with occasional remarks about his god, temple footage, and other Eastern religion information. To my shame, I didn’t turn it off, but continued watching it with the three oldest children. I failed my older children – I should have stopped it right then and said, "No more, we must turn it off. This isn’t worth compromising our hearts." However, I wanted to watch it, and so we continued to a point where after finishing the first video, we started the 2nd tape. It was about high altitude effects on the body. However, by this time I was feeling rather convicted. Then out of the blue, the guy being interviewed cursed. That was enough to push me over the edge and turn it off. Why hadn’t I chosen to stop watching it earlier?

In the last few Dad’s Corners, I emphasized the fact that God places all the responsibility for everything that goes on in the home on "dear ole Dad" and what is sad is I/(he) am/(is) often the cause of the problems as well. When I’m struggling with self-control, I can expect to see lack of self-control in my children. We are the shepherds guarding the access to the sheep pen. It is true that every evil imagination, which is similar to improper appetites, does come from the heart. But, we then can guard whether these appetites are fed or not.

The sad fact was, if I had chosen to stop watching the video earlier, my older children would have seen that their father was very careful to guard his heart and their hearts. They would have seen that even in a situation where Dad wants to continue, he is man enough to deny himself. That was one of those rare opportunities that don’t come around often. We are teaching our children in everything we do. I showed them, if it is something that interests you, it is okay to continue. I failed!"

Archived