IGNORED

Melanie Maxwell delivered Andrew

Dru

Teri had difficult pregnancies in that she suffered through severe untreated depression while giving birth to 8 live children and having some miscarriages in between. There is no indication any of those 8 were born premature or even by C section. She had too damn many kids, the last 5 with no input as to when or whether she wanted them. THAT was Teri's problem, so there it is groundless to speculate about Sarah's physical abilities based on Teri's psycho-social issues in her pregnancy.

Sarah is stunted because Steve, and yes, Teri as well, are both monsters.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teri was physically fine during her pregnancies. She suffered depression, and probably still does. I doubt Sarah has ever been to a gyno. She probably has no idea if she has reproductive issues.

Sidebar- Steve told Sarah to write. She needed something to do and they needed crap to sell. Who knows what she would have chosen career wise if she had a choice.

Teri had difficult pregnancies in that she suffered through severe untreated depression while giving birth to 8 live children and having some miscarriages in between. There is no indication any of those 8 were born premature or even by C section. She had too damn many kids, the last 5 with no input as to when or whether she wanted them. THAT was Teri's problem, so there it is groundless to speculate about Sarah's physical abilities based on Teri's psycho-social issues in her pregnancy.

Sarah is stunted because Steve, and yes, Teri as well, are both monsters.

This. And the last few 'children' were born at home. Some home birthers are rapid and will avoid the medical system at all costs but, for all their faults, I don't see the Maxwells being extremists (at least, not in that regard). I doubt Teri had physical difficulty with birthing.

I'm going with the explanation that Poor Sarah remains at home because her parents have successfully raised her to be a zombie for Jesus.

Quick question here- if Nathan and Melanie never have another boy, will this one get his own room? It is well known the Maxwells refuse to let their kids have their own rooms, but they also refuse to let boys room with girls. I wonder how that would work out?

It is also clear that they favor this boy over their girls, as they have made mention that he is God's special gift- a BOY. Wonder how ABC will feel growing up second class?

Aren't all children a gift from god? If it's boy or girl.

They'll birth as many babies as their god gives them but scientists will save the lives of those babies and Melanie, despite god's will being unhealthy pregnancies and ill health for mother and child. If it's truly all up to god, stay out of the NICU and all that scientific interference in god's will.

If, however, many babies = feeling super special, shut up, procreate as you wish regardless of any obstacle your god puts in your way and rely on the very people you vilify to keep you pregnant and keep that baby alive.

If you have sex you will get pregnant. So it's not leaving it up to god. I hate when fundies say this, then go to the doctor who has degree and training to get help for their children or themselves. Why not leave it up to god?

If this baby remains the only boy yes of course he will get his own room because in fundie land even opposite sex toddlers have distances and boundaries maintained.

As the post stands today. (Sorry about the five parts - couldn't squash it up and wanted paragraphs to stay together.)

Wat did I just read :shock:

The damn maxwells are crazier than ever. I knew they were crazy but really. This post is creepy and weird. Are they trying to gain sympathy? Gain more fans? Or tell people how baby Simba is extra special than all the others?

I don't know Teri's history all that well, so thanks for catching me up on that. As far as Sarah, there are some ways to know long before trying to have children. Maybe she never got a period or gets them so erratically that it was cause for alarm, but now that I think about it, by the time she hit puberty weren't they already in crazy land??

Andrew would have to have his own room. I think the need to remain pure with his sisters is more important than the need to remain pure with himself. The whole point of sharing rooms to make sure someone else is always around so you have zero privacy. No sneaking out at night, no late night private texting, no reading "ungodly" books while everyone is sleeping, and the biggest one of all, no masturbating. But if they have no other boys then he would have to be alone in his room.

Here's a question though: If they have a four bedroom house and only have three children, all girls, do they seriously have two spare bedrooms with all the girls in one room? That seems ridiculous. And stupid.

If this baby remains the only boy yes of course he will get his own room because in fundie land even opposite sex toddlers have distances and boundaries maintained.

But if he had his own room he might touch himself! They might have to ship in an uncle to bunk with him if a brother doesn't come along to keep him from being unpure......wow I feel gross just trying to think like them

Did anyone read some of the comments under his post!! I think I might puke. But it seems as though he was a big baby at over 7 pounds.

For once, I'd love for the Maxwell family or other fundies to write a post praising the doctors and nurses whose religious beliefs allowed them to get a college education and save their newborn's life.

He was a really good size at 7 lb 4 oz. I hope Melanie didn't begin to develop an infection but rather went into natural labor.

I'm sure the baby will be very loved, and prized for being a boy. Expectations must be high - for his sake (but not his mother's) I think it would be good if they had another boy.

Here's a question though: If they have a four bedroom house and only have three children, all girls, do they seriously have two spare bedrooms with all the girls in one room? That seems ridiculous. And stupid.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if they did it that way (look at the Duggar's setup). Bedroom for mom & dad, bedroom for the girls, bedroom for the boys, guest bedroom. Cameras and/or intercoms in the house wouldn't surprise me either.

7 lbs 4 oz is really big for a baby that early. I wonder if Melanie was developing gestational diabetes.

7 lbs 4 oz is really big for a baby that early. I wonder if Melanie was developing gestational diabetes.

Yeah it's pretty big. That's bigger than one of my full term (38.5wk) babies.

This chart is birth weight for gestational age listed in grams by percentile. http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/rhs-ssg/bwga ... ster_e.pdf

According to this - 7lbs 10oz is 97%ile for a 35 weeker. So...it's totally possible he could be 7lbs4oz. I don't know how big the other girls were or if she had GD or what other factors were in play here, but it's not outside the realm of possibility. 50%ile is 5lbs11oz.

Wat did I just read :shock:

The damn maxwells are crazier than ever. I knew they were crazy but really. This post is creepy and weird. Are they trying to gain sympathy? Gain more fans? Or tell people how baby Simba is extra special than all the others?

Baby Simba, heh-heh!heh-heh!

Wait just a gol-darned minute -- a baby THAT tiny is 7#4oz ? ????????

From the photo of Simba's fingers on the adult hand, he looks tinette!

ETA: "the Lord gave me the idea [to write in Baby Simba's voice] while I was praying in the morning" - Poor Sarah

Oh, no, I don't believe it for a second -- God is GOOD!!!!!

He looks like he might just have a case of small and delicate hands, because his body looks larger in proportion to them. Weird.

Did Melanie have a c section?

They haven't said. But she had one for Christina so maybe she had one again.

Her sister, Grace, posted this (public)

facebook.com/gracekmaher?fref=ts

Saturday morning I became an aunt again! Andrew James was born to Mel and Nat at 7lbs. 8 oz. He is premature and in NICU. He had some heart trouble inititally but it has checked out good now. Lungs are improving. Mel got to hold him twice yesterday. Keep them in your prayers please if you would. Looking forward to when I can meet the little man! #auntx15

Alright, fess up. Who wrote this?

Sarah, I think this is your best writing ever! Praising God, the true Author of this story.

Her sister, Grace, posted this (public)

facebook.com/gracekmaher?fref=ts

They call him Nat - I don't think we've ever heard the Maxwell's use that as a nickname.

Grace managed to give a lot more detailed information in that tiny paragraph than Sarah did in that long post. :?

They call him Nat - I don't think we've ever heard the Maxwell's use that as a nickname.

Grace managed to give a lot more detailed information in that tiny paragraph than Sarah did in that long post. :?

Isn't that the truth? Not that the Maxwells owe their blog readers a blow by blow, but when Sarah wrote this;

"Around lunchtime, my body didn’t do so well, and suddenly, the room filled up with all kinds of people. The nurses put some medicine in my IV line. I guess it saved my life! I didn’t mean to scare Daddy and Mommy, and I’ll try not to do that again."

I was really worried for him. I feel a little better after reading Grace's post.

But, I recall Sarah scaring everyone after Christina was born by saying something like Melanie wasn't doing very well and then signing off.

Turns out Melanie had a C-section rather than natural child birth, and that was "not doing well" in Sarah's world.

Maybe Sarah likes a bit of drama in her life.

ETA: Here is the post from June, 2012 that I was talking about.

Christina Mercy Maxwell

This was posted on June 15, 2012 by cci.

After a very hard labor, the doctor deemed it necessary to do an emergency C-section, and at 1:57 p.m. Christina Mercy entered the world. She was 9 pounds 6 ounces and doing fine. Melanie is “okay,†and we are praising God for His mercy and grace.

I noticed the post was signed by cci rather than Sarah. Now I'm wondering if Steve wrote this. The scare quotes around "okay" were mentioned in some comments as being worrisome, but the Maxwells couldn't be bothered to address these concerns in the comments.

Archived