IGNORED

Doug Phillips (is a tool) resigning!

Slt

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I forget to check FJ this morning and this happens. Add me to the camp that doesn't believe that a nonsexual, emotional affair is the root cause. No print catalog, the film festival cancelled...something fishy is going on and this announcement is just the tip of the iceberg.

Thank you! I googled and found a photo of her and she really is beautiful. I hope she's not the object for Doug's hot desire - it would be horrible if it's a young unmarried woman since I am pretty sure that the VFers will brand her as a home wrecker and she will probably be seen as totally unsuitable to marry and will have to stay with her parents and repent for the rest of her life.

I immediately thought of her too. She looks like a younger version of Beall and Doug seemed to post a lot of pictures of her so I always wondered if there was something there. She was/is a nanny for the Phillips family. I think she actually is married now but still may work for them. However, she seemed pretty strong (as much as a fundie girl can be) in Return of the Daughters so I don't know if she would go for that kind of thing.

WOW. I knew the mighty tool would fall, but I didn't think it would be this soon. :cracking-up: :cracking-up: :music-tool:

Agree with those who are saying this is only the tip of the iceberg. No way in hell would he publicly confess and step-down for just a supposedly non-sexual dalliance with a woman. He's still waving his rainbow flag in the back of the closet, loud and proud. It's the rest of the powers that be at VF that found out and don't want a story like that sullying them too, IMO.

If there was an "emotional" affair with a woman, my bet is on Lourdes Torres or Anna Sophia Botkin.

Chris Jeub is talking about it on his Facebook page.

I've always believed that the ones who make the most noise and fuss about sex and purity, and who loudly moralize about how others should conduct their lives, are the ones who have the most to hide. This doesn't surprise me at all.

Are we starting a betting pool about the identity of the other party in said "inappropriate relationship?"

That was a point my minister made during her sermon a couple of weeks ago. You are both right. This is why I think many of the fundie bloggers who preach about those things may have engaged in them.

Somebody fill me in. What is the relationship between the Duggars and this moron? Do they know each other? Did the Duggars speak at one of his events?

Somebody fill me in. What is the relationship between the Duggars and this moron? Do they know each other? Did the Duggars speak at one of his events?

Michelle won the Mother of the Year Award at Vision Forum's Baby Conference after Josie was born. (JimBob looked very pissed when Dougie gave Michelle a full-frontal hug.) They've attended other conferences, including the Food conference, film festival, and Titanic celebration. The film crew was with the Duggars at the Titanic celebration, but the footage never ended up on the show--probably because there was no way to completely edit out the crazy. While the Duggars are most closely aligned with Gothard, they appeared to be going to more VF events in the last several years.

Whew! I was afraid you had died from joy! :lol:

Well, all the blood did drain from my head for a while. It is starting to come back.

Drinks for everyone!

I just got home from minor surgery, and, I swear, I thought I was hallucinating when I saw this thread. Can't wait to hear what comes out about this in the upcoming days.

I'm actually suspecting financial, um, "irregularities" are going to turn out to be a significant issue. I think Doug (Phillips who is still a tool) would rather hide behind some vague talk about "inappropriate relationships" than have to admit to misappropriation of funds. Note that he didn't apologize to the woman involved; no, it's all about Doug Phiilips (who is a tool).

Major freak-outs on the fundie blogs. Wonder what's going on in Botkinland?

This is amazing.

Doug Phillips really is a tool!

Edited because I am speechless, although I am able to make happy shrieking noises.

Chris Jeub seems a bit...upset...

Yes, I'm getting a distinctly pissed-off vibe from him on his FB page.

So I am stalking fundy facebooks and according James McDonald posted this in his comment section of his status.

Amen Micah, amen. Our prayers should also go out to the many families impacted, including the woman and her household. There are so many hurt. May the Lord grant comfort to all.

So I am stalking fundy facebooks and according James McDonald posted this in his comment section of his status.

Amen Micah, amen. Our prayers should also go out to the many families impacted, including the woman and her household. There are so many hurt. May the Lord grant comfort to all.

:oops:

The woman and her household??

I'M HERE!

I'M HERE!

I'M HERE!

I'M HERE!

I'M HERE!

I'M HERE!

I'M HERE!

I'M HERE!

I'M HERE!

I'M HERE!

I'M HERE!

WOW! I am currently near speechless!!

Today, I finished a 6 month project at work that will probably earn me a promotion, only to come home to this.

I'm not sure what I am more excited about!!

Congratulations on your job! Apparently, THE LORD rewarded you with an extra special gift: Doug Phillips' tool on a platter.

Doug Phillips: an even bigger tool than you suspected.

The resignation letter states that Doug and the mystery woman did not "know" each other in the Biblical sense, but the relationship was "inappropriately romantic and affectionate." I am betting that the wide stance was involved in the inappropriate affection part. He is parsing words just as Clinton did and I'd bet the farm that the same thing happened. Also not convinced it was a woman. Although he may have sought out a woman to prove how manly he is. Or to cover the REAL transgression with a male as another poster commented. Copping to this is a sin, yes, but not as bad as a homosexual relationship would be. I can't even imagine how that would play out at VF.

"And her household?" "There are so many hurt?" :shock: Yeah, at this point I'm thinking this is much bigger than a simple affair. Maybe Dougie HAS been embezzling funds.

:oops:

The woman and her household??

That's what I was wondering. Who knows if he actually knows anything or is just presuming stuff like us.

Someone on Jeub's page commented that they hope people don't 'shoot the wounded' - meaning Doug - because he needs love and fellowship and prayer. How idiotic are all these people? Doug isn't wounded; he did the wounding to hundreds of people and their families and ways of life. He sold them on his rules for perfect Christian living and was a factor in how people lived their lives and raised their kids.

I am more appalled at those who come to his defense than I am at him. His actions were expected and really, I was actually just waiting for the day to hear of them.

Archived