IGNORED

Doug Phillips (is a tool) resigning!

Slt

Quiet: Scott Brown, Peter Bradrick, the Botkins, Kelly Crawford, the Niednagel-Thomases, Justin Turley, the Seppis, the Servens, RC Sproul Jr., Tim Bayly, Ah the Life Spinsters, Mark Driscoll, John Piper, the Coghlans (aside from cryptic Scripture-quoting on FB)

Talking: Douglas Wilson, the McDonalds, Voddie Baucham, Jennie Chancey, the Puritan Board Blog, SharperIron Forums

Don't forget Stevehovah Maxwell's cryptic postscript to his latest "Dad's Corner!"

"Note: With the recent event that has rocked the homeschool community, we debated whether to go ahead with the combination November Mom’s and Dad’s Corner that was already written before we heard the news. We did not want to seem insensitive. We are very aware of our flesh, our sin, and the potential for our falling. We need accountability and Internet protection to help keep us on the path we desire to be on. That is the very reason we wrote these articles, and we realized they are perhaps even more important today than they were a week ago."

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think, but am not sure, that Dan Horn is Brown's assistant minster or co-minister at the breakaway congregation thy formed after they failed to take over the established church in NC. Could Mr. Horn on the VF board be related? Not that common a surname. No wonder Brown is mum, tho - I'm almost certain that NCFIC is a daughter-organization of VF.

I believe Tim and Dan Horn are brothers, yes. Without doing research I don't have time for at this very moment, they are both red-head boys in their mid-30s, I believe. One of the Horn boys was in the first of Dougie's intern groups along with Petey Bradrick and Nathaniel Darnell and a couple of others. They called themselves The First Brigade, the maiden boyage, as it were.

Forgive me for my long absence, but I got a new full time job and haven't been around much. I happened to click over the other day to see this shocking news because I was sitting on the beach (took a few days off for a conference, and actually had a chance to breathe for once!)

Wow, just wow.

Don't know if it's been covered, but now the apology is gone from the visionforum site and I can't find any of Doug's old blogs in the archives. The generic stuff is there, and the occasional picture of him, but his blathering is missing. They seem to be scrubbing the site of any mention of him.

Not that revisionist history surprises me when coming from these people, but still. Thank God for FreeJinger!

Well, no WONDER the VF interns aren't joining us. They are busy on their hands and knees with ChoreGirls scrub, scrub, scrubbing Doug's ooze off of the VF sites.

Oh thank goodness, I've been wondering the exact same thing. Someone somewhere in this thread cited the Voddie Baucham Ministries Facebook page as the source for the February BCA resignation time. I went through the VBM Ministries FB page pretty thoroughly, and couldn't find any mention of it - but as, I'm hardly a FB expert, thought perhaps I'd missed it. Confirmation, anyone? Please and thank you! :)

It was in this thread:

facebook.com/VoddieBaucham/posts/10151869147892550

Notice how Voddie answers Christine Blackerby Pack by saying, "As I said..." As you said where, Voddie? In the comment you deleted that said "February."

Archived