Doug Phillips (is a tool) resigning!

Slt

Thoughts of ass were quite likely involved... :lol:

*ba-dum-tish*

I was hoping someone would take the straight line. :lol:

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I took the 'woman and her household' to refer to Beall and the kids, rather than the Other Woman.

I'll have to reread, but I took it to men he was apologizing to the other woman's owner husband/father.

Jennie Chancey warns against "malicious gossip or pointless speculation or self-righteous moralizing."

ladiesagainstfeminism.org/personal-testimonies/resignation-and-repentance/

Bitch, please!

I don't think they pulled the catalog. They just did not publish a print version

Yeah. I think this is separate from the "indiscretion" business and is just related to the more longer term fundamental issue of the group just not making as much money as they'd like. It's merely the delicious background for all the rest.

I'm curious what Kirk Cameron is thinking... (as someone who maybe has some $$$ left over from his more famous days)

Yeah. I think this is separate from the "indiscretion" business and is just related to the more longer term fundamental issue of the group just not making as much money as they'd like. It's merely the delicious background for all the rest.

I'm curious what Kirk Cameron is thinking... (as someone who maybe has some $$$ left over from his more famous days)

Oh, yes, I knew I forgot someone else I was thinking of (after spending 90 minutes reading this whole thread, I had a lot of names on the brain). Kirk Cameron has been the celebrity representative for Christian filmmaking so you know he's given money to VF either directly or indirectly.

This reminds me so much of Jim Bakker of PTL Club when he admitted to an affair. This happened around 1987 or 88. Then there were indictments for funneling money through his PTL Club to use for his lavish lifestyle. He even served time for his crimes.

Can't wait to see the ending of The Tool!!

This reminds me so much of Jim Bakker of PTL Club when he admitted to an affair. This happened around 1987 or 88. Then there were indictments for funneling money through his PTL Club to use for his lavish lifestyle. He even served time for his crimes.

That was fun to watch! They had a theme park and everything!

Jennie Chancey warns against "malicious gossip or pointless speculation or self-righteous moralizing."

Bitch, please!

But he's a CHRISTIAN and he SAID he's SORRY.

Could Dougie be bisexual? My ex is super fundie & super effiminate & deeply in the closet. He trolls truck stops for male prostitutes & picks up hitchhikers in exchange for sex. But at the same time, he has affairs with women. Women are crazy about him. (And if he gets caught, he can just publicly admit his sin, cry in front of the church & all is forgiven. He might be removed from his "ministry" position in the church for a few months, but then all is forgotten. It's happened before.)

He always used the Bill Clinton definition of sex - no p in v, therefore he did not have sex with that woman. I'm pretty sure the phrase "I did not know her in the biblical way" just means no missionary position sex - I'm sure Dougie's tool got plenty of use, one way or another.

Beall is no vacant eyed, Gothard wife. She is a mean snake in her own right, and has actively participated in ostracizing and spying on women and their families who get caught on the wrong side of Doug or the VF Patriarchy (Jen Epstein referenced above is Exhibit A). I don't have much sympathy to spare for her, and anyway I suspect she is going to take this disgrace out of Dougie's hide strip by strip.

They deserve each other.

This.

Beall has always reminded me a little of Carmela Soprano. She knew exactly what she was doing. She came from money; it's no accident she married a lawyer. She wanted the money, the admiration and the life, and she got it. She'll come out of this smelling like roses as the poor wronged wife and keep on truckin'.

Bitch, please!

Of course, it's not like Jennie herself or her asshat husband Matthew ever engaged in "self-righeous moralizing."

Does the website "Mrs. Binoculars" ring a bell with you, Jennie?

I'm flashing back to the post by Kim and Perry's married daughter Deanna about how women who commit adultery should be put to death: deannasblog.com/a-controversial-thought/

What is cracking me up is all of the sudden all the VF fundies in my circle and online are distancing themselves from VF's beliefs. Chris Jeub has some very strong things to say about Doug Phillip's beliefs in his comments section(by the way, his daughter works AND goes to a Switchfoot concert??) and even links to this article www.constellationhope.com/2013/10/he-do ... to-me.html stating that he identifies strongly with it.

The VF and former VF people in my social circle are rapidly distancing themselves from from VF's most distinct gender beliefs. Rumor is strongly leaning towards it being Lourdes as the "other woman."

This discussion reminded me of a Avenue Q song called Schadenfreude:

GARY COLEMAN:

Right now you are down and out and feeling really crappy

NICKY:

I'll say.

GARY COLEMAN:

And when I see how sad you are

It sort of makes me...

Happy!

NICKY:

Happy?!

GARY COLEMAN:

Sorry, Nicky, human nature-

Nothing I can do!

It's...

Schadenfreude!

Making me feel glad that I'm not you.

(--)

GARY COLEMAN:

The world needs people like you and me who've been knocked around by fate.

'Cause when people see us, they don't want to be us, and that makes them feel great.

NICKY:

Sure!

We provide a vital service to society!

GARY AND NICKY:

You and me!

Schadenfreude!

Making the world a better place...

To be!

I'm flashing back to the post by Kim and Perry's married daughter Deanna about how women who commit adultery should be put to death: deannasblog.com/a-controversial-thought/

WOMEN who commit adultery are clearly evil sluts. MEN who commit adultery are committing adultery with evil sluts. Either way it is ALWAYS the woman's fault.

:naughty:

The VF and former VF people in my social circle are rapidly distancing themselves from from VF's most distinct gender beliefs. Rumor is strongly leaning towards it being Lourdes as the "other woman."

Where? Just private FB or on public sites as well. If she is the 'other woman' can't say I'm at all surprised-there is only a handful of women who would have the opportunity to get to know him (biblically or otherwise) and actually want to have anything to do with him. Most fundie wives and daughters are locked away pretty securely and non-fundie women who do have the opportunity would find him laughable, to put it charitably.

I think this will result in the sheep going one of two ways: the first will publicly separate themselves from his teachings and possibly inch a smidge closer to the realm of fundie-lite, the second will find even more cause to lock up their SAHDs. If even a 'godly' man like Doug Phillips can't keep himself from sinning, heaven knows what will happen if you let your precious womenfold out in the big, bad world unchaperoned.

What a creep. Someone suggested a name, and I found this. Nothing like not only cheating on your wife, but abusing your power over an employee. Although we all know from the homosexuality debate that christians don't believe in consent.

Natasha Says:

June 28, 2007 at 3:15 am

“Jen, there is quite a bit of speculation in this article, though. It would be more credible with facts about how VF employees are paid (or not), some specific DP teachings on Christmas and Catholicism, and documentation or collaboration of unpaid household servants. I would like something more concrete on these points.â€

I can address the collaboration of unpaid houservants. One of them happened to be my best friend,[ name redacted]. And her mother, and her brother. And yes, she and her brother [name] were taken on trips with Doug all the time to “pay†them for their services. Only thing was, she and [name] ended up taking care of their kids throughout the entire trip as well. Apparently [name redacted] has moved up in the Phillips household though, because this year she even got to play Pocahontas at the Jamestown re-enactment! Aimee Wheeler, Little Bear Wheeler’s daughter, also use to be a nanny for the Phillips. And then there are the Short ladies, and the Turley ladies, who all “volunteer†and “work†at Vision Forum in the wharehouse, and at the conferences, but they are still under their husbands and father’s authority because they work there too! In fact, the entire Short and Turley families work there, yet they barely scrape by each month. Funny, you think perhaps Doug could pay the fathers just a tad more since he has the whole families working for him, but no, only the father’s and husband’s get paid for the work they do, not the rest of the family.

WOMEN who commit adultery are clearly evil sluts. MEN who commit adultery are committing adultery with evil sluts. Either way it is ALWAYS the woman's fault.

:naughty:

They really took that Eve in the garden of Eden with the apple, woman as evil temptress thing and ran with it. It's so convenient to be able to blame your own shortcomings on someone else.

Drive-by posting, I promise to read what's happened overnight very soon:

I googled "vision forum resignation" and the only news hits are from Christian and homeschooling forums. To be expected, but indicative of how under-the-radar the late Mr. Phillips' son has been in his quest for governmental takeover.

A poster on "well-trained mind community" - homeschoolers, I presume - said it so well, I have to quote the poster known as MFG:

MFG

Hive Mind Worker Bee

...(snip)

Posted Yesterday, 03:33 PM

A cautionary tale. Any Minister of the gospel or other "ministry leader" should learn to recognize the pitfalls inherent in pointing to himself and his own moral behavior rather than pointing to Christ and His righteousness.

This is what's rankled me first about VF: it's not about faith in Christ, it's about Doug-like living.

What's rankled me a very close second is the patriarchy of VF.

Off to catch up.

The resignation letter states that Doug and the mystery woman did not "know" each other in the Biblical sense, but the relationship was "inappropriately romantic and affectionate." I am betting that the wide stance was involved in the inappropriate affection part. He is parsing words just as Clinton did and I'd bet the farm that the same thing happened. Also not convinced it was a woman. Although he may have sought out a woman to prove how manly he is. Or to cover the REAL transgression with a male as another poster commented. Copping to this is a sin, yes, but not as bad as a homosexual relationship would be. I can't even imagine how that would play out at VF.

Yeah, this reeks of Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky. I really do think it's a woman and not a man. Doug Phillips may be tool, but he doesn't ping my gaydar in the least. He reminds me of the over the top televangelist only more fundie.

dmqo9j.png

You win eleventy internetz. I seriously peed myself.

I am anxiously waiting to hear the response.

About the Bates wedding. Assuming Doug Phillips is a tool was invited, and I'm sure that he was, I expect that he will attend. He has repented, made "all good" with Jesus, said "my bad" to his wife and kids, and will "begin" his repentance to the community at large. There is no better way to show "all is well" than by showing up at a major fundie event with a happy wife on his arm, celebrating the union of two young fundies. Its all about the show.

His presence will also tamp down on the ebil hussies that want to gossip.

Jim Bakker is back at his old trade. I've seen him on tv a few times hawking all manner of doomsday stuff and raising money for some Home for Girls in an Eastern European country (can't remember which country). His audience, albeit small, is adoring and generous with their money. Did anybody ever see the movie "Leap of Faith" starring Steve Martin? I wish some fundies would watch it and learn.

Several people have commented on the reactions of other prominent fundies and people connected to VF, etc.

I wonder how many of them are thinking "Oh, shit -- they caught Doug. I hope nobody finds out what I'm doing in secret!"

3. I just looked. As of this morning the board of Vision Forum Ministries consists of Doug (resigned), Scott Bown, Jim Zes and Don Hart. A very small board. If Scott Brown is out, what do we know of Zes and Hart?

Don Hart is an attorney, that's all I can find in a quick search.

Jim Zes is a landlord, developer and hotelier in the Saint Louis area with significant holdings in Saint Charles County, an area in the north and west of the "St. Louis metro." He and his brother/business partner were the subject of some mild media interest a few years ago but otherwise is very lowkey. The biggest sightings have been on Servenclan and Niednagel blogs, with the comely Zes girls in attendance.

Totally uncertain which hotel(s) he now owns, though the name Crowne Plaza sticks in mind. One was the site of a patriarchal conference a few years back, but that's all I remember, or can discover.

Archived