IGNORED

Doug Phillips (is a tool) resigning!

Slt

HAPPY HALLOTWIN2 DAY :lol:

Doug's new theme tune will be........................................'DUDE LOOK LIKE A LADY!'

All I can manage loooong day :(

I have liked your post.

In fact I have liked every post in this thread.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a sin to confess. I have romantic feelings toward twin2. We have not known each other in the biblical way, but nevertheless my feelings have been lengthy and inappropriate. Especially when she notifies BRADRICK! of the crisis.

Since we are being honest here, I need to confess that I have thought about liking everyone's posts in this thread, but I'm just too damn lazy. Just know that I like your post even if I didn't "like" them.

I also adore Twin2. My husband doesn't appear to mind so I don't think I will need to resign from posting here.

I have a sin to confess. I have romantic feelings toward twin2. We have not known each other in the biblical way, but nevertheless my feelings have been lengthy and inappropriate. Especially when she notifies BRADRICK! of the crisis.

+1. Notifying BRADRICK!!11!! is what really sealed it for me.

But hell to the naw am I giving up my ministry. :penguin-no:

+1. Notifying BRADRICK!!11!! is what really sealed it for me.

But hell to the naw am I giving up my ministry. :penguin-no:

I think "notifying BRADRICK!!11" and "giving up my ministry" need to be post count titles.

And I have also "liked" every post in this thread.

Is it weird that I really hope it is a Botkinette? a. Because they aren't minors, so it won't be a horrific abuse situation. b. Thos girls just.... grrr... they need to be taken down a peg [that sounds far more threatening than I intended.]

Is it weird that I really hope it is a Botkinette? a. Because they aren't minors, so it won't be a horrific abuse situation. b. Thos girls just.... grrr... they need to be taken down a peg [that sounds far more threatening than I intended.]

It would be pretty damn shocking if it was a Botkinette, so I don't necessarily think you're weird for hoping it might be one of them. On the other hand, if the person he's involved with is a younger person in his congregation/under his leadership, I would have to say that the situation would border on abuse, even if the young person is over the age of 18. Power dynamics, spiritual abuse, etc.

As for the Botkin "girls" needing to be taken down a peg... yes, they are smug, but I wouldn't wish Doug the Tool's creepy advances on them.

I don't think anybody has done this yet.

With propsgivin ta Dogg fo' His mercy n' love, I have stepped down from tha crib of prez at Vision Forum Ministries n' have discontinued mah bustin lyrics responsibilities. Put ya muthafuckin choppers up if ya feel dis!

There has been straight-up sin up in mah game fo' which Dogg has graciously brought me ta repentance. I have confessed mah sin ta mah hoe n' crew, mah local church, n' tha board of Vision Forum Ministries. Put ya muthafuckin choppers up if ya feel dis! I engaged up in a lengthy, inappropriate relationshizzle wit a biatch. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch. While our phat asses did not "know" each other up in a Biblical sense, dat shiznit was nevertheless inappropriately horny-ass n' affectionate.

There is no lyrics ta describe tha magnitude of shame I feel, or grief from tha fuck-up I caused mah beloved bride n' children, both of whom have responded ta mah repentizzle wit what tha fuck seems a supernatural ludd n' forgiveness.. n' you KNOWS too highly of mah dirty ass n' behaved without proper accountability. I have acted grievously before tha Lord, up in a thugged-out destructizzle manner hypocritical of game lyrics I hold dear, inappropriate fo' a leader, punk ass of tha trust dat I was given, n' hurtful ta crew n' playas. My fuckin church leadershizzle came alongside me wit ludd n' admonition, providin counsel, phat direction n' accountability. Where I have directly wronged others, I confessed n' repented. Y'all KNOW dat shit, muthafucka! This type'a shiznit happens all tha time. I be still up in tha process of tryin ta seek reconciliation privately wit playas I have fucked up, n' ta be aware of ways up in which mah own selfishnizz has hurt crew n' playas. I be most sensitizzle ta tha fact dat mah actions have dishonored tha livin Dogg n' been shameful ta tha name of Jizzy Christ, mah only hope n' Savior.

This be a time when mah repentizzle need ta be proven, n' I need ta lead a on tha down-low game focusin on mah crew n' servin as a gangbangin' foot soldier, not a ministry leader n' shit. Though I be fucked up over mah failures, I be grateful ta be able ta spend mo' time wit mah crew, nurturin mah hoe n' lil pimps n' preparin mah olda lil playas n' daughtas fo' game. Right back up in yo muthafuckin ass. So, fo' these reasons I wanna let mah playaz know dat I have stepped down as a funky-ass board member n' as prez of Vision Forum Ministries. Put ya muthafuckin choppers up if ya feel dis! Da Board is ghon be makin provision fo' tha pimpment of tha ministry durin dis time. To tha playaz of dis ministry, I ask fo' yo' forgiveness, n' hope dat yo big-ass booty is ghon pray fo' tha Phillips crew at dis time, n' fo' tha pimps whoz ass is ghon be responsible fo' shepherdin tha work of Vision Forum Ministries up in tha future.

Doug Phillips

I don't have an axe to grind for or against VF, but my gut feeling is that in cases like this, the "other woman" is often an older, potentially divorced woman - she (hypothetically) is already "disgraced" and therefore feels like she has less to lose. I don't feel it being a SAHD... what would they gain by an emotional affair with a ministry leader? He's got no future to promise and (presumably) no nookie to give. Maybe I am being too mercenary.

It would be pretty damn shocking if it was a Botkinette, so I don't necessarily think you're weird for hoping it might be one of them. On the other hand, if the person he's involved with is a younger person in his congregation/under his leadership, I would have to say that the situation would border on abuse, even if the young person is over the age of 18. Power dynamics, spiritual abuse, etc.

As for the Botkin "girls" needing to be taken down a peg... yes, they are smug, but I wouldn't wish Doug the Tool's creepy advances on them.

I would agree with the bolded in most SAHD cases. I may be wrong, but I feel the Botkinettes have far more power and savvy than they let on. I wouldn't worry about a large difference in power/worldly understanding between Phillips and a Botkinette. A more sheltered, super-isolated SAHD completely unaware of the world, obviously, yes.

ETA - Yay, I'm not weird!

I don't have an axe to grind for or against VF, but my gut feeling is that in cases like this, the "other woman" is often an older, potentially divorced woman - she (hypothetically) is already "disgraced" and therefore feels like she has less to lose. I don't feel it being a SAHD... what would they gain by an emotional affair with a ministry leader? He's got no future to promise and (presumably) no nookie to give. Maybe I am being too mercenary.

Yeah, but the daughter of a domineering patriarch (or one who idolizes that family structure) might be less likely to resist the advances of a powerful man. Like, what's a sheltered SAHD going to do? Say no? It's not like they exactly have much practice advocating for themselves. Couple that with a nearly all-consuming fixation on love/marriage and a real lack of experience with the way the world actually works, and you have a prime target on your hands.

Eta, I do agree that the Botkin girls are more worldly than your average SAHD.

I don't think anybody has done this yet.

I'm in tears. Dougie's purple prose always sounds so much better in Snoop style, but this beats all.

I don't follow the VF crowd too much (edit: kind of ironic given that my current title is 'Vision Forum Intern' haha), but this is amazing. All I have to say is... wow.

Wow.

I would agree with the bolded in most SAHD cases. I may be wrong, but I feel the Botkinettes have far more power and savvy than they let on. I wouldn't worry about a large difference in power/worldly understanding between Phillips and a Botkinette. A more sheltered, super-isolated SAHD completely unaware of the world, obviously, yes.

ETA - Yay, I'm not weird!

The Botkinettes seem more worldly than many of the other SAHDs we talk about, and have power and influence within their circle, in their own way. However, for some reason I think that the "other woman" (assuming it is a woman) is probably not a member of the VF/patriarchial circle. If she was, I bet this whole thing would have been outed ages ago, simply because men and women are so segregated in that world, not to mention that the "world" in question is very tiny. Maybe Doug Philips is a tool was funneling money from his "ministry" to his mistress, like John Edwards.

I think I respect Doug more when snoop prose. It was for more real and actually sounded someone remorseful.

No kidding. He spend more time in his mia culpa praising the sweet baby Jesus than apologizing to his children and wife. Even though they will never divorce, I hope she has kicked his sorry ass to the basement on a cot next to the water heater. And what the huh is this statement about preparing his older sons for life? What about his younger sons? Are they just on there own?

But in all of this, let us have a moment of silence for those hurt most by this. The interns. Who will teach them about the Christian Doctrine of Women and Children First? Won't someone think of The Interns??!!??

The Botkinettes seem more worldly than many of the other SAHDs we talk about, and have power and influence within their circle, in their own way. However, for some reason I think that the "other woman" (assuming it is a woman) is probably not a member of the VF/patriarchial circle. If she was, I bet this whole thing would have been outed ages ago, simply because men and women are so segregated in that world, not to mention that the "world" in question is very tiny. Maybe Doug Philips is a tool was funneling money from his "ministry" to his mistress, like John Edwards.

I highly doubt it's either of the Botkinettes because they are indeed more worldly than your typical SAHD. Plus I don't think given that Dougie would want to anger their patriarch. Especially if he's doing any financial funny business.

My feeling it's a woman outside of VF. It would be a lot easier to not get caught. After that it might be a sheltered SAHD, with a Daddy that thought so highly of Dougie that he would allow his daughter into situations that would allow Dougie to get involved with her, thinking nothing could really happen. But even then, there would be risks.

Dougie either got caught or he might have fooled himself into thinking that it was all an innocent friendship / acquaintance which is how a lot of affairs begin. If it was physical, he might have convinced himself that anything that didn't involve PIV sex constituted cheating. Or he totally underestimated the power of an "emotional" affair.

ETA: any dodgy financial stuff, if perpetrated, might come to light after this. It's very possible that despite all the talk of praying for him and his family, he's fallen and is fair game. Especially for someone who might want to take his place. Fundies are good at talking about standing by their fallen brethren, but in reality, most of the time it's simply that: talk.

I think he would have said it wasn't physical if it had no physical part. It might have been heavy petting or face sucking or duggar hand set but I suspect it as physical. Unless of course it was setting...which suddenly occurs to me.

Ala Carlos danger.

I think that whoever this other woman is, she is really a beard for what is going on in his manly romps.

I'm willing to wager "the woman and her household" are VF-involved. Doug is not attractive outside of that subculture. He's not powerful politically (as was Edwards), he's not conventionally charming (unless a woman were to be intrigued by a diminutive, ultra-moral priss).

His cachet, such as it is, only resonates with his fans.

Speaking of marital woe, The Spousal Unit became concerned when I was falling out my chair laughing at Bradrick and Snoop Doug and wasn't able to explain any of it to him...

Archived