IGNORED

Doug Phillips (is a tool) resigning!

Slt

Yes, I'm getting a distinctly pissed-off vibe from him on his FB page.

For those of us who eschew FB is there a possibility of screencaps or would that be considered a violation of privacy?

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Someone on Jeub's page commented that they hope people don't 'shoot the wounded' - meaning Doug - because he needs love and fellowship and prayer. How idiotic are all these people? Doug isn't wounded; he did the wounding to hundreds of people and their families and ways of life. He sold them on his rules for perfect Christian living and was a factor in how people lived their lives and raised their kids.

I am more appalled at those who come to his defense than I am at him. His actions were expected and really, I was actually just waiting for the day to hear of them.

No kidding. These are the same asshats that shame women for having children out of wedlock, kissing before marrage, and well a whole host of other things. Yet Dougie is to be protected and forgiven.

**Doug Phillips is a Tool!!**

Apparently the Dougie fan club is turned out at Julie Anne's Spiritual Sounding Board and going nuts that she's "judging" him.

. spiritualsoundingboard.com/2013/10/31/doug-philips-resigns-from-office-of-president-at-vision-forum-discontinues-speaking-engagements/

(link broken to protect the guilty)

ETA: I have to say my first reaction was that I was gobsmacked...and I have to wonder what's going on in the background. Those patriarchs don't like people questioning their behavior. Maybe Beall or one of the kids turned him in to the elders...who knows--it's all speculation.

Dang, I take an unintentional break from FJ and come back to this. Wondering if my fundy sister knows and what she thinks about it. May have to call her this week...

I have to say they was never a better time to use Hilda-the-racist's catchphrase

I have "liked" your post

I have "liked", no, loved this entire thread.

Drinks for everyone!

But no drinks for you, Doug Phillips, since you are a tool.

I'm betting something happened in Greece.

Sigh, I will never get my Greece pics, but this is making that easier to swallow.

Apparently the Dougie fan club is turned out at Julie Anne's Spiritual Sounding Board and going nuts that she's "judging" him.

. spiritualsoundingboard.com/2013/10/31/doug-philips-resigns-from-office-of-president-at-vision-forum-discontinues-speaking-engagements/

I've been reading that one on and off for a few hours. Sunshine Mary commented -- guess what she said! :roll:

ETA -- there seems to be a lot of "don't dare call me a feminist, but patriarchy is bad" in those comments.

I guess there are a few people there that think "feminism" is a curse word, and not just the radical idea that women are human.

(edited again to make sense!)

I've been reading that one on and off for a few hours. Sunshine Mary commented -- guess what she said! :roll:

What??? I made it though about 15 comments and then just couldn't do it anymore!

What??? I made it though about 15 comments and then just couldn't do it anymore!

Let's make it a fill-in-the-blanks game. I bet you can win! Hint -- there are some repeated words.

A man is the _ _ _ _ of his wife, and she is to _ _ _ _ _ _ to him and _ _ _ _ him. Sometimes he will make mistakes, need to repent, ask God’s forgiveness, and face consequences. That doesn’t mean that he is no longer the _ _ _ _ of his family or that she is excused from _ _ _ _ing him.

:oops:

The woman and her household??

Ok, idle/evil/unchristian speculation here:

Household implies that it's not just a married woman, so either a married woman with family or an unmarried SAHD. Following the SAHD train of thought, I would not at all be surprised if the mystery affair of the heart woman was one of the Botkinettes. They are both extremely beautiful, and Doug, for all of his toolishness, is not an unattractive man. PLUS, given their daddy's close connection with him and their close connection to Vision Forum, they may have been able to spend time 'working' alone with someone whose intentions were ostensibly above reproach, AND their close connection would warrant prayers for her household. This also fits with the "I didn't know her in the biblical sense" thing- AS or E would need to hang on to that v-card for an eventually fundie husband, but as we all know, there are lots of fun things to do besides PIV.

There is no factual basis for this, but I for one shall be extremely interested to see how it all plays out. :popcorn2:

PS Also the embezzling thing seems right on, because costumes don't pay for themselves after all.

Let's make it a fill-in-the-blanks game. I bet you can win! Hint -- there are some repeated words.

A man is the _ _ _ _ of his wife, and she is to _ _ _ _ _ _ to him and _ _ _ _ him. Sometimes he will make mistakes, need to repent, ask God’s forgiveness, and face consequences. That doesn’t mean that he is no longer the _ _ _ _ of his family or that she is excused from _ _ _ _ing him.

I'm betting something happened in Greece.

Sigh, I will never get my Greece pics, but this is making that easier to swallow.

That's what she said!

Master/submit/follow/head/follow

OR

Boss/complete sublimate her personality, health, and desires/worship/unquestioned supreme leader/fuck

:lol:

Your first try has two correct answers -- very good.

The blanks show the number of letters, BTW.

edited to correct quote nesting

head (can't get the next one) only head serv/ing

She should know after forgiving him what 27 TIMES!

Boss, submit (or follow), fuck?, boss, fuck. Lol. That sounds like what may have happened to Dougie: the boss (of VF) was fucking over people who follow him.

Ok, idle/evil/unchristian speculation here:

Household implies that it's not just a married woman, so either a married woman with family or an unmarried SAHD. Following the SAHD train of thought, I would not at all be surprised if the mystery affair of the heart woman was one of the Botkinettes. They are both extremely beautiful, and Doug, for all of his toolishness, is not an unattractive man. PLUS, given their daddy's close connection with him and their close connection to Vision Forum, they may have been able to spend time 'working' alone with someone whose intentions were ostensibly above reproach, AND their close connection would warrant prayers for her household. This also fits with the "I didn't know her in the biblical sense" thing- AS or E would need to hang on to that v-card for an eventually fundie husband, but as we all know, there are lots of fun things to do besides PIV.

There is no factual basis for this, but I for one shall be extremely interested to see how it all plays out. :popcorn2:

PS Also the embezzling thing seems right on, because costumes don't pay for themselves after all.

Yes, yes, and yes. I think the other woman is Anna Sophia, that this has been going on for a long time, that Geoffrey Botkin has known for a long time but done nothing in order to protect his business interests, that they probably did everything BUT PIV sex (so he didn't "know" her :ew: ) and that Dougie the Tool is now throwing AS under the bus to hide even worse transgressions (homosexual affair and/or financial misconduct).

This is all, of course, wild speculation on my part and I feel bad for all involved except the Tool. He can go fuck himself while I laugh evilly at his misfortune and look forward to the downfall of his "ministry". :obscene-birdiedoublered::obscene-birdiedoublered:

Lord (with a capital letter "L")/submit/blow/head/fuck (was gonna say "obeying", but fuck is better)

(The trick or treating is dismal in my area tonight, and this thread is more fun. Damn fundie-lite neighborhood!)

I hope the not sex was at least good for whomever the woman was. And I hope she is a woman and not a minor. And I hope she isn't heartbroken. And I hope she wasn't married (because really, infidelity just sucks) and if she was I hope her husband isn't an asshole and either decides to forgive her and stick with it or to leave but doesn't beat her or stick with it and use it as a weapon for years.

HAPPY HALLOTWIN2 DAY :lol:

Doug's new theme tune will be........................................'DUDE LOOK LIKE A LADY!'

All I can manage loooong day :(

I really hope it was not one of the Botkinettes. It would make a creepy sort of sense if it was, since we've all speculated a lot about how AS and E would probably have difficulty falling for a guy who is not as "important" and "amazing" as their dad, and Doug Phillips is probably one of the few who *would* impress them. I hope it was someone else, though, like that "Austin bartender" someone made up, because I cannot imagine how devastating the fallout would be for a Botkin girl.

Doug Phillips is a tool and now everyone knows.

You guys are good! Between several people, you got them all:

head submit obey head obey

Archived