IGNORED

Doug Phillips (is a tool) resigning!

Slt

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, with a woman? He's even deeper in the closet than I thought if he's having a heterosexual affair.

This isn't surprising in the least, as Marian points out above-- those who bark loudest usually have the most to hide.

He didn't "know her in a biblical sense" which I'm guessing means penis to vagina. Now, whether the "other woman" is a woman or a man, there are myriad other sexual things they can do that don't insert tab P into Slot V. (I did NOT have sex with that woman) Plenty of unbiblical sex options!

Did he still have a church? Will he still be preaching there?

I suspect there will be a book, and another ministry.

Exactly, they probably did everything but PIV sex. And I bet this has something to do with why the pictures of the one trip have never been shown.

Wait, with a woman? He's even deeper in the closet than I thought if he's having a heterosexual affair.

This isn't surprising in the least, as Marian points out above-- those who bark loudest usually have the most to hide.

Somehow I wonder if he will make this OUR fault. After all, our of our feminine wiles and satanic freedoms brought negative somethings into his life...

Doug Phillips is a tool.

I'm calling BS on it being a woman, too!!!! And while emotional infidelity is just as bad as sexual infidelity, I'm calling BS on that too. Sex had to have been involved!!!

Blow job at least.

I'm calling BS on it being a woman, too!!!! And while emotional infidelity is just as bad as sexual infidelity, I'm calling BS on that too. Sex had to have been involved!!!

He's probably kinky too and did some other things with her.

From the Film Fest:

Film Festival Admission

Update Oct. 21, 2013: The Christian Filmmakers Academy and SAICFF for 2014 have been postponed. Due in part to financial concerns and for other reasons, the Board of Vision Forum Ministries is looking to bring greater accountability to our practices and events, and therefore is allowing more time before launching this significant event once again. A relevant issue to address is that though the 2012 SAICFF was a great spiritual victory, lacking the necessary sponsorships it resulted in a significant financial loss. Vision Forum Ministries has maintained a large loss at this event for several years now, but the reality is that a ministry of our size cannot sustain this under the present model.

We believe the Christian Filmmakers Academy and the SAICFF are best executed in conjunction with each other, and that more time is needed to raise and put funds in order to maintain the previous level of excellence. Therefore, both events for 2014 are postponed with the anticipation of opening them again in 2015. Any funds paid in advance for film submissions, Academy participation or SAICFF entree fees will be refunded.

I am totally shocked right now...

I saw the topic of the thread and I didn't get it at all. I thought maybe we were supposed to stop saying Doug Phillips is a tool or something and then I opened the thread and MAJOR jaw drop!

I hope he really does stay out of public life forever, but I kinda doubt it.

From the Film Fest:

Film Festival Admission

Update Oct. 21, 2013: The Christian Filmmakers Academy and SAICFF for 2014 have been postponed. Due in part to financial concerns and for other reasons, the Board of Vision Forum Ministries is looking to bring greater accountability to our practices and events, and therefore is allowing more time before launching this significant event once again. A relevant issue to address is that though the 2012 SAICFF was a great spiritual victory, lacking the necessary sponsorships it resulted in a significant financial loss. Vision Forum Ministries has maintained a large loss at this event for several years now, but the reality is that a ministry of our size cannot sustain this under the present model.

We believe the Christian Filmmakers Academy and the SAICFF are best executed in conjunction with each other, and that more time is needed to raise and put funds in order to maintain the previous level of excellence. Therefore, both events for 2014 are postponed with the anticipation of opening them again in 2015. Any funds paid in advance for film submissions, Academy participation or SAICFF entree fees will be refunded.

No hard copy catalog, no film fest! Somewhere the money was drying up from within before whatever happened became quasi public.

And I keep thinking Another one bites the dust!

I've always believed that the ones who make the most noise and fuss about sex and purity, and who loudly moralize about how others should conduct their lives, are the ones who have the most to hide. This doesn't surprise me at all.

Are we starting a betting pool about the identity of the other party in said "inappropriate relationship?"[/quote]

Put me down for Lori Alexander for the woman; Ken if it's actually a man.

He isn't resigning because of what he did-- he's resigning because he finally got caught. Just once I would like to see a public resignation from a disgraced public official acknowledging that something other than pangs of conscience was responsible for his or her decision to step down. *spits*

I feel kind of bad for Beall. On the one hand, she knew she was marrying a self-righteous ass. On the other, fundie-dom has some tendency to blame women when their menfolk stray, and it's got to stink to know that some people are holding you morally culpable for someone else's actions, at a moment when you could really use their support.

From the Film Fest:

Film Festival Admission

Update Oct. 21, 2013: The Christian Filmmakers Academy and SAICFF for 2014 have been postponed.

The dominos are starting to fall...

From the Film Fest:

Film Festival Admission

It sounds like the entire house of cards is toppling. No more film festival, no more wide-stanced officiating at weddings, no more "mega" conferences...

I confess, I'm dying to know what ol' Geoff Botkin has to say about all this.

From the Film Fest:

Film Festival Admission

Kinda sounds like Doug Philip (is a tool)'s lover was with the CFA or SAICFF.

It sounds like the entire house of cards is toppling. No more film festival, no more wide-stanced officiating at weddings, no more "mega" conferences...

I confess, I'm dying to know what ol' Geoff Botkin has to say about all this.

The King is dead, God save the king... who's the next king?

I'm absolutely DYING to hear about how all this went down. Vision Forum - the Titanic of 2013. Sinking fast!

Vision Forum - the Titanic of 2013. Sinking fast!

Yeah, Dougie -- what are you doing for those women and children who are supposedly first to be saved, eh?

Wow, people actually use the phrase "know each other in the Biblical sense" seriously...

Completely apart from this straying of the Tool it seems that the image was finally proving unsustainable anyway - all those fancy vacations, the slick catalogs, the film fest where they try to pretend they've got huge audiences of influential people... their core audience just isn't all that, I guess.

This is delightful :D . If it really is a woman, I would guess one of the daughters of a VF bigwig or daughter of an elder. There are a small group of pretty women in their early 20's whose fathers allow them to do work at theconferences and the father/daughter retreat. So much for the idea of being under Dougie's umbrella of protection.

You just know its only a matter of time before they drag this women out in public so they can shame her. Of course, it will all be under the guise of concern for her eternal soul--she needs to repent before all and ask for forgiveness dontcha know. For that reason, I hope the woman is in no way affiliated with VF. I hope it's a regular person, like a bartender from Austin who will give them all the finger when they try to put all the blame on her.

I am also not particularly inclined to believe his indiscretion was with a woman, or that Doug is being completely honest about the nature of his "sin." I think that if he publically discloses that he was with a woman, he's more likely to be forgiven by his friends and family. If he says he was with a man, well...tar, feathers, pitchforks, you know the drill. He'd be completely run out of his social and family circles. ;)

I also think he's lying about it only being only an "emotional" affair. He wouldn't have publically resigned over having private feelings for someone else. Something's up.

Interesting that this hasn't even made the San Antonio newspaper.

Just as a Duggar appearance is a kiss of death for candidates, perhaps they doom film festivals as well.

Hmmm...what about Perry's pretty daughters who go to work with Dad part time?

Wow! I also thought this was a satirical piece but it's sure looking like the Vision Forum House of Cards is toppling.

A woman? Right.

Doug Phillips Is A Tool

You just know its only a matter of time before they drag this women out in public so they can shame her. Of course, it will all be under the guise of concern for her eternal soul--she needs to repent before all and ask for forgiveness dontcha know. For that reason, I hope the woman is in no way affiliated with VF. I hope it's a regular person, like a bartender from Austin who will give them all the finger when they try to put all the blame on her.

I'm for that! :D

Archived