IGNORED

Doug Phillips (is a tool) resigning!

Slt

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is going to be so hard for his kids. They have lived their whole lives being the poster family for Vision Forum. They were on the front of the magazines, they made "documentaries" for VF, they went on trips, they dressed up. It was such a huge part of their life. And now what are they going to do? Can Dougie get any sort of other job?

I bet there is tremendous pressure on his wife to forgive and forget this whole thing.

Wow. I'm not really surprised Doug was caught doing something bad, but I've got to say, if he were revealed to be having an affair, I had really, really hoped it would be with a man. Oh well.

I'm not sure this is the end of Doug or of Vision Forum, though. I think they may forgive him quite easily, even holding him up as someone to aspire to: 'See, he had the courage to confess his sin in front of everyone (on his website). After all, everyone is a sinner'. People don't like to see their idols fall.

Also, are we 100% sure this isn't some kind of hoax?

well if a manly man can't keep it in his pants how are the poor lesser manly masses supposed too? the higher they rise the harder they fall. God just semi smited his mouthpiece.

Wow. I'm not really surprised Doug was caught doing something bad, but I've got to say, if he were revealed to be having an affair, I had really, really hoped it would be with a man. Oh well.

I'm not sure this is the end of Doug or of Vision Forum, though. I think they may forgive him quite easily, even holding him up as someone to aspire to: 'See, he had the courage to confess his sin in front of everyone (on his website). After all, everyone is a sinner'. People don't like to see their idols fall.

Also, are we 100% sure this isn't some kind of hoax?

It isn't. If Vision Forum doesn't let him back in, he'll start another organization. He is an attention whore and a control freak who will not be "under authority" for long. After all, when his good buddy RC Sproul Jr. was disciplined, he just went off and started his own thing and is doing just fine. Doug will do the same if he has to.

If it's actually a woman, my money is on Lourdes Torres. If it's a man, well, sky's the limit. He certainly would have his pick.

My gut instinct is that the "affair" is a red herring, and that there were some serious financial misdeeds going on. THAT will be the big story, I bet.

edited for clarity

Who is Lourdes Torres?

If it's actually a woman, my money is on Lourdes Torres. If it's a man, well, sky's the limit. He certainly would have his pick.

My gut instinct is that the "affair" is a red herring, and that there were some serious financial misdeeds going on. THAT will be the big story, I bet.

edited for clarity

Good guess on Lourdes, I forgot about her. It would be almost too much of a cliche for him to have an affair with the Latino nanny.

Here's a pic from the History of America Mega Conference that seems "questionable," but I remember another one that was outdoors which we were commenting on. I'll try to find it.

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=487637891312061&set=a.487635601312290.1073741833.474108492665001&type=1&theater

ETA: This is the outdoor one I was thinking of.

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=487637181312132&set=a.487635601312290.1073741833.474108492665001&type=3&theater

WOW!

Statement of Resignation

by Douglas Phillips, Esq., October 30, 2013

With thanksgiving to God for His mercy and love, I have stepped down from the office of president at Vision Forum Ministries and have discontinued my speaking responsibilities.

There has been serious sin in my life for which God has graciously brought me to repentance. I have confessed my sin to my wife and family, my local church, and the board of Vision Forum Ministries. I engaged in a lengthy, inappropriate relationship with a woman. While we did not “know†each other in a Biblical sense, it was nevertheless inappropriately romantic and affectionate.

There are no words to describe the magnitude of shame I feel, or grief from the injury I caused my beloved bride and children, both of whom have responded to my repentance with what seems a supernatural love and forgiveness. I thought too highly of myself and behaved without proper accountability. I have acted grievously before the Lord, in a destructive manner hypocritical of life messages I hold dear, inappropriate for a leader, abusive of the trust that I was given, and hurtful to family and friends. My church leadership came alongside me with love and admonition, providing counsel, strong direction and accountability. Where I have directly wronged others, I confessed and repented. I am still in the process of trying to seek reconciliation privately with people I have injured, and to be aware of ways in which my own selfishness has hurt family and friends. I am most sensitive to the fact that my actions have dishonored the living God and been shameful to the name of Jesus Christ, my only hope and Savior.

This is a time when my repentance needs to be proven, and I need to lead a quiet life focusing on my family and serving as a foot soldier, not a ministry leader. Though I am broken over my failures, I am grateful to be able to spend more time with my family, nurturing my wife and children and preparing my older sons and daughters for life. So, for these reasons I want to let my friends know that I have stepped down as a board member and as president of Vision Forum Ministries. The Board will be making provision for the management of the ministry during this time. To the friends of this ministry, I ask for your forgiveness, and hope that you will pray for the Phillips family at this time, and for the men who will be responsible for shepherding the work of Vision Forum Ministries in the future.

Doug Phillips

visionforumministries.org/issues/news_and_reports/statement_of_resignation.aspx

I just realized, he has only stepped down from Vision Forum MINISTRIES, which is the non profit entity that does the stupid trips. He has not stepped down from Vision Forum, seller of revisionist history and chaste dolls. There is nothing on the VF site about his resignation, or on his "blog". His income will not take much of a hit.

I just realized, he has only stepped down from Vision Forum MINISTRIES, which is the non profit entity that does the stupid trips. He has not stepped down from Vision Forum, seller of revisionist history and chaste dolls. There is nothing on the VF site about his resignation, or on his "blog". His income will not take much of a hit.

Good catch. :clap:

Here's a pic from the History of America Mega Conference that seems "questionable," but I remember another one that was outdoors which we were commenting on. I'll try to find it.

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=487637891312061&set=a.487635601312290.1073741833.474108492665001&type=1&theater

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=487637181312132&set=a.487635601312290.1073741833.474108492665001&type=3&theater

I don't know who the woman in the first pic is, but in the outdoor one, that's Liberty on his arm and Beall on the other side of her. Beall declined to dress up for that, but the kids went all out.

Who is Lourdes Torres?

She's a young lady who's been pretty active in the VF social circle for a while now. She sings in that San Antonio Sweethearts (I think that's the name) group with Doug's daughters. She was featured in the "Thank You Michelle Duggar" video, and was dressed up as an Indian stereotype for one of Doug's costume galas. She was a nanny (maybe for the McDonald family?)

First one is interesting, second one is his daughter

I was trying to find the video on youtube of either the scene from Cabaret where Brian says to Sally "Screw Maximillian!" She then says "I do" and he replies "So do I" or the "All gay men are named Mark, Rick or Steve" from Steel Magnolias, but couldn't find either of them. I did find this gem from Roy Zimmerman though:

HZmHC75FDqQ

Not shocked.

Me neither.

I also think this could be the tip of the iceberg as far any other shenangians that may have gone on. Now that the manly man leader has fallen, I wouldn't be surprised if other VF big shots turn on him with a vengenance and other things get exposed. Anyone who wants to do that has a clear field now.

I do feel sorry for his children though.

She's a young lady who's been pretty active in the VF social circle for a while now. She sings in that San Antonio Sweethearts (I think that's the name) group with Doug's daughters. She was featured in the "Thank You Michelle Duggar" video, and was dressed up as an Indian stereotype for one of Doug's costume galas. She was a nanny (maybe for the McDonald family?)

Thank you! I googled and found a photo of her and she really is beautiful. I hope she's not the object for Doug's hot desire - it would be horrible if it's a young unmarried woman since I am pretty sure that the VFers will brand her as a home wrecker and she will probably be seen as totally unsuitable to marry and will have to stay with her parents and repent for the rest of her life.

Well. :o My jaw was on the floor the entire time it took me to read through this thread. Now that I've managed to pick it up, all I can say is where's Twin2?!!11!

Me neither.

I also think this could be the tip of the iceberg as far any other shenangians that may have gone on. Now that the manly man leader has fallen, I wouldn't be surprised if other VF big shots turn on him with a vengenance and other things get exposed. Anyone who wants to do that has a clear field now.

I do feel sorry for his children though.

Didn't one poster here write something like it was an open secret among the VF crowd that Doug hits on the interns? It was several years ago so my memory is clouded.

Well. :o My jaw was on the floor the entire time it took me to read through this thread. Now that I've managed to pick it up, all I can say is where's Twin2?!!11!

Maybe SHE'S the mystery lady!!!!111!!!!11

I was going to post asking who was going to feed his family now that he's been fired. But then I realised he'll just start prostituting himself and tell the whole world over and over how he cheated on er.

Archived