IGNORED

Doug Phillips (is a tool) resigning!

Slt

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not going to sweat the VF ministry vs the VF business at this point, because as someone else said, this sounds like dominos falling. REmember, Ted Haggard's mega church was 100% behind him, then they had him on a sort of limited time off deal then he was gone, gone, gone, even though he was nearly immediately "Completely heterosexual". (love teh clip, PennySycamore). The fallen ministers generally don't have much in the way of other skills, and have to rebuild some smaller ministry somewhere, but-- they never make as financially as they did.

I have googled and googled his church and while I assumed it was some mega church in Boerne, it appears to be a tiny rural church outside Boerne. This church probably will never support him in the way he has become accustomed. 4ambassadorsofchrist.blogspot.com/2012/05/sabbath-rest-celebration-and-pacific.html

Already, blogs are talking about this, and women homeschoolers who are the people who decide where to buy their kids "stuff" from may very well avoid buying from Doug Phillips, even if he stays with the business side. Because, women in situations where divorce is not an option and where wives are blamed for husband's "straying" are often unforgiving of men who screw around (in whatever form) because it scares them. If it kills sales among the homeschool moms, it may kill the business side.

:shock:

:laughing-rolling:

I like to think that she's writing an epic post in response to this. But first we need to give her time to well and truly :cracking-up:

I am looking to the sky for Twin2 to parachute into the FJ stadium, when we'll give her a standing ovation. Any minute now!!

I am looking to the sky for Twin2 to parachute into the FJ stadium, when we'll give her a standing ovation. Any minute now!!

She could fly in on her broomstick. It IS Halloween after all. :stir-pot:

"Woman," mi nalga derecha.

I doubt like hell that a non-sexual "romantic" relationship with a woman would be considered hairy enough to require such an over-the-top confession of guilt. I think that this is cover for some out-of-control bromance--as in, "Dougie, confess to something that will disqualify you, or we're going public with the truth about your affair."

Has anyone here ever seen a pic of him casting the same kind of cow's eyes at a woman--ANY woman--that he casts upon the boys in his band?

I don't really want to wish trauma on someone but I am hoping it is someone in the flock that will choose to walk away because of the insanity that the Tool preaches and then spill the beans loudly and publicly. And I hope that his name is Mark, Rick or Steve and that he has an affinity for track lighting.

Edited for riffles.

Holy crap, you're awesome, Lip Stick! :clap:

I'm sure when whatever room she's in stops spinning, she'll be with us. She's probably experiencing the same feelings as a lottery winner right now.

*anxiously awaiting Twin2's arrival.

I'M HERE!

I'M HERE!

I'M HERE!

I'M HERE!

I'M HERE!

I'M HERE!

I'M HERE!

I'M HERE!

I'M HERE!

I'M HERE!

I'M HERE!

WOW! I am currently near speechless!!

Today, I finished a 6 month project at work that will probably earn me a promotion, only to come home to this.

I'm not sure what I am more excited about!!

I think I'm going to need some time to digest this all. Official statement and LOLs to follow when the blood returns to my head.

What went through my head when I saw the headline:

OMG, so THATS why no pix from the Greece trip!

Wow, and it isn't even Friday yet!

After reading the confession and this thread, I think there is a lot more to both the affair and the money issues than has come out thus far. Definitely just the tip of the iceberg.

Feeling a lot of schadenfreude at the moment, which I hate admitting to. I'm also remembering the first time, as a kid, that I heard of a "godly leader" having an affair and the resulting blow-up. It was a huge shock to me as a 5 or 6-year-old and I feel awful for Doug's kids and for all the other homeschooled kids who will be surprised and confused by their hero falling.

Mostly I hope this is a rude and un-ignorable wakeup call to many QF/P types.

I just realized, he has only stepped down from Vision Forum MINISTRIES, which is the non profit entity that does the stupid trips. He has not stepped down from Vision Forum, seller of revisionist history and chaste dolls. There is nothing on the VF site about his resignation, or on his "blog". His income will not take much of a hit.

I had no idea that there was a difference. So he still is running the money making part?

Scott Brown's hosting a how-to-worship long weekend in NC as we speak. Oh, to be there and privy to thi in road chatter !

Oh, to be a fly on the wall in Asheville NC this weekend!! I can only imagine the conversations and ass-covering taking place between the Mssrs. Brown, Botkin, Swanson, Beeke, Morecraft, Serven, et. al.

Perry C. on Facebook: "Verse of the day 'Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted.' —Galatians 6:1"

facebook.com/pcoghlan/posts/10202342199374772

You just know its only a matter of time before they drag this women out in public so they can shame her. Of course, it will all be under the guise of concern for her eternal soul--she needs to repent before all and ask for forgiveness dontcha know. For that reason, I hope the woman is in no way affiliated with VF. I hope it's a regular person, like a bartender from Austin who will give them all the finger when they try to put all the blame on her.

I do think that this relationship was with a woman. In spite of Dougie's manly man romps and seeming to be a bit too cozy with the guys, I have thought that it might just be very quirky behaviors and nothing else, behaviors that he doesn't realize may convey a different message to people outside of VF. The wide stance is an example. The pic with Bradrick is another. I have found a number of times in real life that people that display behaviors/mannerisms that are associated with being gay, and it turns out it ain't necessarily so. And so it may be the case with Doug which is why I think it really was a woman in this case. Now whether there's been others.....who knows.

Though, I hope the woman involved is outside of VF. It may be why he was able to carry this relationship for what seems to be for some time though he doesn't give a specific timeframe. If not, I hope that she might be protected from exposure and not be hauled out and shamed, scarlet-letter style.

I bet his sister Alex is celebrating this. After all Doug and Beall told her she'd go to hell for going to college and developing a career if she didn't stay at home and be a godly daughter. I hope she has a glass of good German wine tonight in Berlin and parties on.

:cracking-up: :cracking-up: :popcorn2:

Lots of religious writers are discussing this on Twitter! I hope it makes its way onto mainstream publications.

The Wartburg Watch is promising a post tomorrow.

I know this makes me as shallow as water circling a drain, but I am really bummed that there will be no Mykonos spread now. :( The pelicans, the gay beaches, the well oiled specimens of European men with their male partners....

I will add to the speculation that it was perhaps a well oiled specimen of European homosexuality that Doug developed an "unnatural affection" for that finally blew the cork off this bottle. :cracking-up:

Archived