IGNORED

Maxwells are home!

OkToBeTakei

Thank you sparkles, that's what I woulda said if I'd had my mind on straight.

What is Hardy-Board Siding? Maybe that's what they've put up. Makes me kinda ill that they seem to be leaving the vertical planks on the sides and back (I presume) of the house, but that's just my aesthetic. ;)

A composite siding makes sense. I just couldn't imagine painting vinyl.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loveday pointed out,

Apparently it was a gift; that was made clear, I suppose, in case someone started asking questions. I just can't imagine Steve allowing her to pay that much for a purse.

Grief that is good, srsly? That was there from the get-go? Only thing weirder than mentioning a gift would be mentionoing it after evil wimmen on FJ started remarking on it.

Or maybe not, maybe it was a gift from someone special who the Maxwells wanted to acknowledge without being too effusive about it. Because effusivenss is next to idolatrousness, I"m certain. :D

NOt really gonna whiten mine. I love coffee and red wine and to spend money on whiteners is like thinking a sand castle is gonna hold back the tide. Or something. :lol:

Were we separated at birth or something? Same thing here.

I don't really have a problem with wanting straight(er) teeth--especially since crooked, gapped teeth often affect the bite-- it's the obsession with whiteness that I don't understand. As often happens, too many people just take it over the top so that it looks totally unnatural. If you're in a blackout and your teeth are white enough to light up a room, you know you've gone too far.

:laughing-rolling: That literally had me lauging out loud! Especially as I have a niece who is constantly taking pics of herself to post on Facebook where she's in some sort of dim lighting and all you can see is this glowing, Ultra-Brite smile! I KNOW she wasn't born with teeth that white, they've just sort of mysteriously developed that way in the past year or so.

I really should get over my nervousness and have this front tooth taken care of. My dentist seems to think it's no problem to deal with, and says that my dental insurance will at least pay for half, so it should 'only' cost around $500. I guess that's not bad when you think how long I've had the other one, but other than the discolouration, the tooth is still in perfect shape, so I just keep putting off doing anything about it. :oops:

Loveday pointed out,

Grief that is good, srsly? That was there from the get-go? Only thing weirder than mentioning a gift would be mentionoing it after evil wimmen on FJ started remarking on it.

It was there yesterday when I first commented on it, can you believe it? :shock: I might not even have noticed the purse if I hadn't seen the comment, I wasn't paying very close attention.

NOt really gonna whiten mine. I love coffee and red wine and to spend money on whiteners is like thinking a sand castle is gonna hold back the tide. Or something. :lol:

That would be me, too, as I love me some Diet Coke. If my other teeth were the same shade as the crown, I doubt I'd care. But they're just that little bit lighter, so of course in my mind that one tooth is like a 25-watt bulb in a chandelier full of 100-watters (or maybe 60-watters, all things considered. :lol: )

A bit off topic.. Can someone please give me a link to this Rebecca eleventy girls blog? I hear about her all the time on FJ but can't find a blog link!!

Your choices are your own. I just don't get why it would cross your mind that another person should not smile based on how their looks offend your sensibilities. That's an area in which even Steve Maxwell gives women more freedom than you... something to think about. :shock:

For me, freedom for the Maxwells would mean them having the option of not smiling if they don't feel like it every time a camera's shoved in their faces, rather than forcing it in every shot or being conflated with what MamaJunebug said more clearly about the oral equivalent of knowing your angles. That said, you're right that I crossed the line on the gum-shaming, so: handslapping warranted and acknowledged.

Oh Eleventy!!!11!!! Jesse and Anna voted at an evil PUBLIC SCHOOL with sports posters on the wall!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!! How much deprogramming did they have to endure after that trip? How on earth did they manage to get photos without other people at the polling place? Did Steve-o make everyone leave so his special snowflakes could vote without being exposed to any Godless sinners?

I think Mary is getting some hairstyling tips from the Duggar Daughters. Jana has worn that same style in different photos and on the show (when I did watch it).

The "brunch preview" pictures make it look like the girls were up while it was still dark to get ready for their company. :( Well, I guess they were up at 5:00 AM for bible time anyway.

I will admit to having a tea party for my 26 birthday. But, it was at the St. James tea room in Albuquerque. It was quite the experience. Proper english high tea with a different pot for each course.

The aggressive grins have always stood out for me. They are never photographed in any natural way whatsoever; it's always this huge, forced, unvarying grin at the camera. Doesn't matter what or where-- on a mountaintop, sweeping the floors, on stilts painting the ceiling, finding dad's sunglasses case on the bus (oh the hilarity!)-- huge aggressive grins.

Steve Maxwell you tool. I left a comment praising their work ethic and craftmanship (cant fault it), but I also asked what Joseph's plans for it were. Would he move in or rent it out. I also asked if they planned to help Sandy victims with rebuilding as their work ethic would be an opprtunity to minister to others. Steve edited my comment leaving only the praise. Wanker.

Guest Anonymous
Steve Maxwell you tool. I left a comment praising their work ethic and craftmanship (cant fault it), but I also asked what Joseph's plans for it were. Would he move in or rent it out. I also asked if they planned to help Sandy victims with rebuilding as their work ethic would be an opprtunity to minister to others. Steve edited my comment leaving only the praise. Wanker.

He has made similar edits to my posts. Narcissistic fuck.

The same here, I left a comment praising the fellowship between the children in lending a hand to the job and enquiring when Joe was moving in. It was deleted, then again I did sign it Dolly P.

With the lyric bombing and the Free Jinger ambush at the Dog and Pony show, Stevie's guard is well and truely up and it will be a lot harder to get comments past him.

Stevie :naughty: you are going against the truth and God's will by editing and removing posts.

Guest Anonymous

I'm guessing that Ted & Priscilla's post was also edited then.

Sad bastard may not know when he's being mocked but when his sheeple google Steve Maxwell of titus2.com they will probably find this and enjoy an unholy snigger at his expense. :lol:

I also spotted the Vera Bradly purse Anna was sporting. It made me pause for a sec, but then I realized there was no reason for Anna to not have one. The purses look innocuous enough with their flowery designs. The Maxwells are known to get spendy on some of their stuff like kitchen appliances and electronics. Maybe Steve lets the girls get medium priced purses too. The pic with the neighborhood tea party goers was sad. Were there anyone there within a decade in age to the Maxwell girls?! Steve is so paranoid that he only lets his daughters socialize with old ladies these days? At least Sarah remembers having sleepovers and girl friends her own age growing up. Anna and Mary probably thinks it's an abomination to interact with young people their own age. I guess Steve fears bad influences if the younger girls make friends with teens who watch TV, attend college and wear fashionable clothes. Old retirees tend to led the type of sheltered, old fashioned lifestyle that Steve appreciates. What a waste of a childhood.

Guest Anonymous

I'm guessing that the older neighbourhood ladies are actually friends of Gigi, who has lived in the area for decades and still has a life in the community. The younger (middle-aged?) woman in the photo looks distinctly uncomfortable to be there. I wonder how they roped her in?! :lol:

The Maxwells definitely spend on stuff when they buy stuff - the high priced electronics, kitchen stuff, fancy cameras, and just their general aesthetic. They have money and so are able to take the "buy the high quality option that will last for years" tack about thrift. I'm not surprised to find them spending on the purses, if they are viewed as high quality (are they? I don't know a thing about purses).

Agreed on the party too - in fact I felt similar (as did many of you here, I remember) about the baby shower they had for Anna. Most of the guests were Gigi's age or possibly Teri's age. Quite possibly yeah they're mostly Gigi's friends (but of course for the Maxwells, that means "family friends"). Anna was a first time mother, it seemed weird to not have any women her age there, or recent first-time moms, or... anything. But then they don't interact with anyone to meet anyone, so I doubt she was meeting other first time moms at a class or at City Hall or anything.

The Maxwells shelter their kids like crazy. They started so long ago and it seems they have no idea how to stop doing it. At this point, the older ones have been sheltered so long that they're probably not lying when they talk about how they don't want any other life and they're still happy to have their parents filtering every minute thing. Steve-O is proud that they are supposedly able and willing to share the gospel with strangers when the opportunity arises (hence the travelling shows, and the passing out tracts at the fair and all that) but they probably have no idea how to interact with people in any normal fashion - passing out tracts or preaching to an audience that came to hear you speak is not normal social interaction. He might think it's proof that his kids are so socially adept but I'm not buying it. People who are raised so sheltered probably have no idea just what people are thinking when they do the "mm hmmm" blowoff thing, or they're not expecting to get any opposition when they share their message because they have no idea just how out there and marginal they are, so sure, they're probably okay to just walk up and start talking - they haven't enough social skills to know why that's a weird thing to do.

The Maxwells definitely spend on stuff when they buy stuff - the high priced electronics, kitchen stuff, fancy cameras, and just their general aesthetic. They have money and so are able to take the "buy the high quality option that will last for years" tack about thrift. I'm not surprised to find them spending on the purses, if they are viewed as high quality (are they? I don't know a thing about purses).

They are nicely made, as fabric purses go, but they are fabric -- lightweight fabric, at that. So, they tear more easily than leather or fake leather, and stains are harder (or impossible) to get out. And even normal soil can be a problem -- the purses are washable, but fade a bit each time, even washed in cold water and hung to dry.

How do I know? After a lifetime as someone who never liked any florals or paisleys, I've suddenly gotten a taste for patterned fabric purses, totes and wallets. :D Mine have come from the thrift stores. I don't care if they are VB -- I just go for patterns and colors I like.

But, VB or not, the above applies. In fact, I've seen some in thrift stores on which the handle is faded to the point of having almost no color, or is even shredded.

Hey, according to their latest post (A Brunch Preview) they did something after the brunch as a family and will report about it later!

How unusual for them to do something as a family! I'll be on pins and needles waiting.

Hey, according to their latest post (A Brunch Preview) they did something after the brunch as a family and will report about it later!

How unusual for them to do something as a family! I'll be on pins and needles waiting.

I'm betting it included a bible reading and something beige.

I'm guessing that the older neighbourhood ladies are actually friends of Gigi, who has lived in the area for decades and still has a life in the community. The younger (middle-aged?) woman in the photo looks distinctly uncomfortable to be there. I wonder how they roped her in?! :lol:

I was guessing that she brought her mother not realizing maybe just who the Maxwells are.

I hope y'all won't judge me if I try that chocolate peppermint tea recipe that they posted a few entries back...sounds pretty good. ;)

I hope y'all won't judge me if I try that chocolate peppermint tea recipe that they posted a few entries back...sounds pretty good. ;)

I thought so, too! :)

Just don't let it become an idol! :naughty:

Archived