IGNORED

Maxwells are home!

OkToBeTakei

I was a little confused about the whole colds thing. It says that Mary had a cold and did not want to give it to the little girls who were just finishing colds. Why couldn't gigi and NR Anna come? It makes no sense. However, I was thinking that maybe since the girls were just finishing colds they did not want Gigi to catch it because she is old and maybe they don't want NR Anna to catch it because she is pregnant? I wonder if they will have a pregnancy announcement soon....just a guess.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where the heck are the finger sandwiches? I would have wanted finger sandwiches.

We use the term "finger sandwiches" frequently. It just means a light sandwich, like a "tea sandwich". Something like 2 pieces of bread with a slice of turkey, etc. They are generally cut in quarters, so they are about 2-3 bites.

I was a little confused about the whole colds thing. It says that Mary had a cold and did not want to give it to the little girls who were just finishing colds. Why couldn't gigi and NR Anna come? It makes no sense. However, I was thinking that maybe since the girls were just finishing colds they did not want Gigi to catch it because she is old and maybe they don't want NR Anna to catch it because she is pregnant? I wonder if they will have a pregnancy announcement soon....just a guess.

I couldn't parse that part either - nice to know it's not just me!

So Anna's birthday celebration was morning tea and peanut balls with the women in the family? And, in fact, only half the women in the family, because of starting and finishing colds, or whatever it was that Sarah was blithering about.

Get thee to a nunnery, Anna, it will be MUCH more fun. :(

No doubt. Anything to get out of Maxhell.

I honestly don't know how any of those kids can stand it. Ok I admit it. Steve really gets me because he's bit like my own Dad in terms of trying to shelter and protect his kids from evil influences (not that it always worked, but he tried and succeeded too many times, IMHO) Don't get me wrong, Dad is not a carbon copy of Steve (thank God!) but the sheltering stuff hits a bit close to home. He hated technology, thought it was a bad influence. Never said it was of the Devil, but might as well said so. And insisted on doing things together as a family a bit too much than was healthy especially as we got older. I found it stifling as a teenager; at 16 I was already longing to get out. Hung in there until I graduated college because I really wanted to get my college education first before moving out. I honestly squirm when I read about their life. God, I would go insane!!!

Rant over. Back to regularly scheduled programming.

Edited for typos.

That was possibly the worst multiple paragraph blog entry she's written since Concrete Pour, #1. Why does Sarah refer to "the nieces" and not "her/our nieces?"

That was possibly the worst multiple paragraph blog entry she's written since Concrete Pour, #1. Why does Sarah refer to "the nieces" and not "her/our nieces?"

Especially since she's consistently referred to the reversal kids as "our babies", which is also weird :?

Teri looks really relaxed and attractive in that picture. Being out of Steve's presence suits her. :)

I looked at the photos several times and could not figure out what they decorated for the tea party. It was the usual funky maroon table cloth. Apparently the Maxwells learned nothing from the Muncks about decorating and celebrating.

Also missing from the blog is Steve's exaltation of a spawn on their birthday.

Teri looks really relaxed and attractive in that picture. Being out of Steve's presence suits her. :)

Yes, I thought so, too. She looks like a girl having fun, and not that "I need an enema" look she always has when Steve is in her presence. That's pretty sad.

I looked at the photos several times and could not figure out what they decorated for the tea party. It was the usual funky maroon table cloth. Apparently the Maxwells learned nothing from the Muncks about decorating and celebrating.

Also missing from the blog is Steve's exaltation of a spawn on their birthday.

daaahhhh..... Look closely at the center of the table, "the nieces" decorated with ROCKS. :doh:

daaahhhh..... Look closely at the center of the table, "the nieces" decorated with ROCKS. :doh:

I actually thought that was pretty cute. Kids will be kids will be kids. My kids probably would have done the something similar, but it would have been Hot Wheels or Legos -- whatever was important to THEM.

Or, given that he lives at home for free, he can RENT the house, and sock all the money away into savings, until he can buy another house debt-free, fix it... and slowly build up a landlord empire. At least, I know people who have done this to the extent they make a decent living with a tiny farm plus the rentals. Get really good at managing your own properties then you can also manage absentee owners' properties too for a fee... and then they might sell to you too. Land, baby, land...

But I'm sure that'd just be too worldly of a business for them. Still, if you're not living in a house, definitely might as well make money off of it!

I totally agree - I've known people who've supported themselves just from rental income from their properties. Or if he doesn't want to manage property, he could probably flip houses for profit. He appears to know what he is doing, and would also have a lot of free (family) labor. He could probably turn it into a good family business.

I would much rather have one of Rebecca!!!!!!111!!'s gooey cakes for my birthday than "fruit and peanut butter bars".

BALLS! They were NUT BALLS!

hee hee hee. i am 7.

I think the rocks decoration is pretty cute and original too. Now, if the Maxwells were like a more normal family, Mom or Dad or one of the aunts or uncles would assist Abby with her interest in rocks, maybe taking her rock-hunting or find books with pictures of pretty rocks and minerals at the library, take her to a gem and mineral show; something like that. But that's just silly, heathen me and the way I approached things with my kids when they expressed an interest in something. I'm sure the Maxwells have a supply of Bible verses for Abby to memorize about rocks; that's all the education she'll need about that topic! :roll:

I totally agree - I've known people who've supported themselves just from rental income from their properties. Or if he doesn't want to manage property, he could probably flip houses for profit. He appears to know what he is doing, and would also have a lot of free (family) labor. He could probably turn it into a good family business.

OMG - they would never rent out one of their properties to someone outside of the family! A stranger? Living in a Maxwell-house? (Ha, ha - see what I did there?) What if the renters wanted to have cable, or INTERNET? The beast!!!11!1!1 OMG, the horror!

I would much rather have one of Rebecca!!!!!!111!!'s gooey cakes for my birthday than "fruit and peanut butter bars".

Same here. Of course Steve would never allow that to happen in either their house or Nathan's. Maybe that is what stopping a Maxwell son from courting her. I really think it is her ultimate dream to be a Maxwell. She has been posting on their blog a lot lately.

Rebecca seems too normal compared to the Maxwells. I think she's just a lonely girl (I know she's legally an adult but...) who has an unnatural fixation on the Maxwells. If you're naive and sheltered then you are easily fooled into believing that the smiles and constant togetherness are real happiness.

I don't think Steve would allow a family where the little girls are allowed to wear pants, and the mom is overweight by a mile.

Plus Rebecca won't arouse Steve so that means she's not godly enough. Any many who makes his daughters parade their new outfits in front of him to see if he is sexually defrauded by those outfits is a sick f*ck who judges women based on the surface alone.

Then again I think well applied makeup and a high end stylist could make her look quite lovely, maybe even enough to defraud Steve into approving of her.

Rebecca seems too normal compared to the Maxwells. I think she's just a lonely girl (I know she's legally an adult but...) who has an unnatural fixation on the Maxwells. If you're naive and sheltered then you are easily fooled into believing that the smiles and constant togetherness are real happiness.

I don't think Steve would allow a family where the little girls are allowed to wear pants, and the mom is overweight by a mile.

Plus Rebecca won't arouse Steve so that means she's not godly enough. Any many who makes his daughters parade their new outfits in front of him to see if he is sexually defrauded by those outfits is a sick f*ck who judges women based on the surface alone.

Then again I think well applied makeup and a high end stylist could make her look quite lovely, maybe even enough to defraud Steve into approving of her.

Honestly, I think the fact that Rebecca's parents don't seem to be very successful financially (purely based on the type of housing they live in) is probably a deal-breaker for Stevie. And that's not Rebecca's fault, but I'd be willing to bet that's something Stevie considers (even though he would never admit it). It's just the kind of vibe I get from him. Melanie's father is a doctor of some kind (did we decide he is a chiropractor?), NR-Anna's parents run their own farm, I think, and sell at farmer's markets, and Elizabeth's family obviously does quite well with their dog-grooming business. Rebecca's father is a janitor and he refinishes floors and her mother makes overly-frosted cakes for people and has an obvious weight problem, which (to Steve) probably also says something about her character. None of this would be good enough for Stevie, for sure.

Meanwhile I always think the Rebecca!!1!1!1! cakes look good to eat. (Happy to have a Halloween cupcake in my office today myself, I am all about the gooey icing.)

Honestly, I think the fact that Rebecca's parents don't seem to be very successful financially (purely based on the type of housing they live in) is probably a deal-breaker for Stevie. And that's not Rebecca's fault, but I'd be willing to bet that's something Stevie considers (even though he would never admit it). It's just the kind of vibe I get from him. Melanie's father is a doctor of some kind (did we decide he is a chiropractor?), NR-Anna's parents run their own farm, I think, and sell at farmer's markets, and Elizabeth's family obviously does quite well with their dog-grooming business. Rebecca's father is a janitor and he refinishes floors and her mother makes overly-frosted cakes for people and has an obvious weight problem, which (to Steve) probably also says something about her character. None of this would be good enough for Stevie, for sure.

I also think Steve considers finances of families when it comes to things like courtships. I also agree, he will never openly admit it. When Joseph was engaged to Elizabeth, I think Steve might have wondered about the Munck finances in regards to them having a special needs child. I think the Muncks are financially stable.

Archived