IGNORED

Maxwells are home!

OkToBeTakei

Guest Anonymous

I'm betting it included a bible reading and something beige.

Well the "children" wore the 50 shades of beige outfits and I'm sure Steve would have shared a word from the Lord with heathen Grandpa and Gigi while he had the chance, so you win a small measured portion of leftovers from the Neighborhood Brunch for your foresight! :D

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I had never heard of Vera Bradley bags since they don't have shops in my country... But, unfortunately for my wallet they ship internationally at affordable price :lol:

Those bags are very pretty and I really like some of the patterns. I wouldn't have checked the website by looking at the Maxwell picture though, since those brown/orange colour wouldn't be my style at all...

I have an eye on a backpack with a purple pansy pattern, which is on sale. My birthday and Christmas are in a few weeks ;)

I wish I'd been invited.

Best moment of the year? Obama got re-elected, Isn't that just fabulous Praise Him!

Worst moment of the year? Err this lunch?

I'm good with awkward silences. No biggie :D

O

M

G

You're my favorite from now 'til I die. Don't tell the others!

I woke up laughing at the memory of experiencedd realizing her glasses were by Jack Shit - I mean, Vera Bradley. I'm the farthest from a labels kind of junebug there is, but there has always been something about the VB fabrics that just made my eyes bug out on stalks and my tongue unroll to the ground. Until this year. I was in a VB store and the amount of pink+orange and paisleys could gag a maggot.

All that said, I really bet we never see that VB purse again. I will bet a package of Red Solo Cups to be donated to a soup kitchen, or brought to the FJCon if I get there.

All *that* said, what sparkles said, and what was the whole deal with the little girl leaning back in a mudflap pose while the aunties bared their teeth - er, smiled genuinely - at her with the stuffed toy that has a name?

Are the Maxhells clueing us in that they have something in common with the Arndts?

Will Melanie's sister get her out of there?

And yes, "predatory" is a good word for asking ladies - virtual strangers - to give their saddest moment. Kind of like saying, "What's the one thing you are really afraid of?" and then having that knowledge tucked away for when you really need it. It's sinister.

Although Teri may be feeling herself on the edge of a depressive episode and thinking that hearing about others' misery will either (a) make her feel better or (b) send her over the edge into a really deep, dark place. As weird/wired as that sounds, if she mentally checks out, she won't have to hear Steve's droning, manipulative voice any more. I'd feel pretty darned guilty at this point if I'd done to my children what she's done to hers.

Okay, so basically they TOOK FAMILY PICTURES..

Seriously.

We should have remembered that. :doh: They take new pic's every Oct/Nov. I wonder where they took the pictures. It looks like some sort of hall. It is nice they included Grandpa & Gigi this year. They are getting older and more frail each year.

About the round table discussion - they're the Maxwells. They simply can't just carry on conversations with people around them, that's why they have to have an agenda and 'round table' discussion. If it isn't scripted, they can't talk because they are all stunted and have no social interaction skills.

Oh, yay, family pictures - with the relatives (not siblings and grandparents...just relatives). Soooo exciting. I've been waiting for two days to see the great surprise and, finally...the expected 'who cares' result.

These people are so horribly sheltered, pathetic and are wasting the lives their god gave them by not engaging in it.

I wish I'd been invited.

Best moment of the year? Obama got re-elected, Isn't that just fabulous Praise Him!

Worst moment of the year? Err this lunch?

I'm good with awkward silences. No biggie :D

Love it!! And I feel the same way. I don't know what I would do if I had neighbors like them. Besides run for the hills.

Love it!! And I feel the same way. I don't know what I would do if I had neighbors like them. Besides run for the hills.

I'd still go to the brunch for the free food. (Though they'd probably give me dirty looks for putting two of anything on my plate...) And then when it was saddest moment time, I'd be all: "that month when I paid full-price for my VS underwear" or something.

I'd still go to the brunch for the free food. (Though they'd probably give me dirty looks for putting two of anything on my plate...) And then when it was saddest moment time, I'd be all: "that month when I paid full-price for my VS underwear" or something.

"When the batteries in my vibrator died!".

Guest Anonymous

"When the batteries in my vibrator died!".

When I was all stocked up with wine and crisps and Elizabeth called off the wedding of the year!!!

When I was all stocked up with wine and crisps and Elizabeth called off the wedding of the year!!!

:clap:

Now I'm laughing so loud I might startle my neighbor's crazy dog downstairs! Serves them well... :twisted:

Ooh, I want to play!

Happiest moment(s): Passing my evil liberal feminist dissertation proposal defense, Obama re-election.

Saddest moment: When my friend with benefits got back together with his ex-girlfriend, bringing our happy fun times of fellowship to an end.

I recognize their photo location! It's the community center which is located in the old train station. Actually I had high school dances in that very room and remember grinding on my boyfriend :D :oops:

:clap:

Now I'm laughing so loud I might startle my neighbor's crazy dog downstairs! Serves them well... :twisted:

Lol I did startle both my dogs with a loud cackle. The bloodhound was not impressed. (sorry if this quoting thing doesn't work from the iPad)

Saddest moments? What a DEPRESSING topic. I mean, there might be a time and a place for that, but wow, the Maxwells sure know how to throw a party. /sarcasm.

Happiest moment for me: being told that, if a certain bill passes, my birth control could be free soon. This would make for one of the happiest Trynns in the world.

Saddest moment: well, most of them are too personal. I'm trying to think of something the fundies would disapprove of...... hmm oh yeah when I realized how close Romney was to winning the election.

I recognize their photo location! It's the community center which is located in the old train station. Actually I had high school dances in that very room and remember grinding on my boyfriend :D :oops:

These people are so freakin full of themselves. Most of us take family pictures at home or a studio at the mall. That's not good enough for the almighty Maxwells.

They have to go to a community center and make a big production of it.

Guest Anonymous

These people are so freakin full of themselves. Most of us take family pictures at home or a studio at the mall. That's not good enough for the almighty Maxwells.

I wonder if they do it to give the impression that they are less cloistered than they actually are?

Also, good move to arrange the photoshoot the same day as the Neighbourhood Brunch. Gotta have a reason to clear the house before any of those ladies starts swapping addresses and having unauthorised fellowship together! :naughty:

I wonder if they do it to give the impression that they are less cloistered than they actually are?

Also, good move to arrange the photoshoot the same day as the Neighbourhood Brunch. Gotta have a reason to clear the house before any of those ladies starts swapping addresses and having unauthorised fellowship together! :naughty:

No kidding! So they get up at 0-dark-hundred to make a bunch of food for their neighborhood brunch knowing full well that they will have to do a full change of clothing (and maybe even showers?) prior to arriving at their photo shoot. Who plans two big events on the same day? Oh, wait -- don't answer that. They are professional schedulers so I guess that was just a normal kind of day for them. Crazy people.

[quote

anniec wrote:

kpmom wrote:

ksuheather wrote:

I recognize their photo location! It's the community center which is located in the old train station. Actually I had high school dances in that very room and remember grinding on my boyfriend

Also, good move to arrange the photoshoot the same day as the Neighbourhood Brunch. Gotta have a reason to clear the house before any of those ladies starts swapping addresses and having unauthorised fellowship together!

No kidding! So they get up at 0-dark-hundred to make a bunch of food for their neighborhood brunch knowing full well that they will have to do a full change of clothing (and maybe even showers?) prior to arriving at their photo shoot. Who plans two big events on the same day? Oh, wait -- don't answer that. They are professional schedulers so I guess that was just a normal kind of day for them. Crazy people.

]

Guest Anonymous

Sadly, there are more beautiful parts of the community center than where they chose. Honestly, there are more beautiful places on base to use as well. It's odd they chose there.

I wonder if Gigi chose the location. She and Grandma have lived in the area a long time and it may have special meaning to them. I do wonder if there was some memory building going on as Grandpa seems to be very weak now.

And it's not as if Steve would care for a nicer setting. Which is the most important consideration (for him).

For those who know the community center, what sort of events take place there? Is is possible Sarah or Mary would see a flyer for a pottery class or a singles' dance and get a glimpse of what normal people do?

I know it's a long shot, but I keep hoping that on one of their forays in to public, they'll see something that makes them want to leave the compound.

For those who know the community center, what sort of events take place there? Is is possible Sarah or Mary would see a flyer for a pottery class or a singles' dance and get a glimpse of what normal people do?

I know it's a long shot, but I keep hoping that on one of their forays in to public, they'll see something that makes them want to leave the compound.

I'm sure Steve-O did a reconnaissance mission prior to any of the single children visiting the community center. The Maxwell Children cannot know that their lives are not normal.

I'm sure Steve-O did a reconnaissance mission prior to any of the single children visiting the community center. The Maxwell Children cannot know that their lives are not normal.

I don't know about that. They're sheltered but they're not cloistered. I think they do know that their lives aren't the norm. But it's been drilled into their heads (Daddy tapes anyone?) that what we consider normal is actually evil and of the devil and that the Maxwell path is the only path of goodness and righteousness and salvation. I'm sure that every foray to the outside is accompanied by even more bible study and teaching moments, like when they hung out at the airport to critique the immodest dress of the fallen women. That no one seems to have strayed speaks to how broken they are. Steve did his job well.

Archived