IGNORED

Maxwells are home!

OkToBeTakei

I kind of like how baby Christina is adamantly not looking in the direction of the camera (in the girls and women only picture). And Melanie does look very happy.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor Maxwells. :( Apart from Steve and perhaps the Grandparents they are all trapped.

Was anyone surprised to see Jim the Cow, that anthropomorphized animal carried by Bethany? I vaguely remembered Steve and Teri writing that they don't allow kids to read books with talking animals or other human features. It's not an uncommon taboo among Christians of yore but it appeared the Maxwells adapted that taboo. That's why I was surprised to see Bethany carrying a stuffed cow-man. I don't know if this is a sign that Melanie is resisting the Maxwell brainwashing or if the Maxwells relaxed their standards this one time. Also, no frumpers! What a relief. Everyone still dressed in conservative clothing but at least there's some style. Also, the grandkiddos are soooo cute!

Was anyone surprised to see Jim the Cow, that anthropomorphized animal carried by Bethany? I vaguely remembered Steve and Teri writing that they don't allow kids to read books with talking animals or other human features. It's not an uncommon taboo among Christians of yore but it appeared the Maxwells adapted that taboo. That's why I was surprised to see Bethany carrying a stuffed cow-man. I don't know if this is a sign that Melanie is resisting the Maxwell brainwashing or if the Maxwells relaxed their standards this one time. Also, no frumpers! What a relief. Everyone still dressed in conservative clothing but at least there's some style. Also, the grandkiddos are soooo cute!

I'm sure Steve makes sure to tell them that Jim the Cow isn't going to heaven when he dies......

It's probably ok to have a stuffed cow named Jim as long as he is clearly a cow (bull?) and only does cow things.

Christopher lost his photographer cred. He couldn't speak up and say that was a terrible choice for location? Sure, it's a nice fireplace, but they cover it and all anyone sees is the exit sign, part of a door, an old chair and white walls. Honestly, it's just...bad.

Melanie and non reversal Anna are the only ones without Maxwell machine smiles. They are actually smiling, like, for real. The rest of them just have their typical face plastered on for the camera.

The Leavenworth train station was a happy memory from my childhood, when I'd arrive there to visit cousins on a farm outside town. Thanks, Steve, for besmirching it. :oops:

OK, that done, at the risk of mis-communicating yet again ;) , I want to direct your attention, loved ones, to Gigi. Teri's mom. I"m not saying that at a certain age a woman must cut her hair. But when you see Gigi looking better than her 20- or 30-years-younger daughter, you have to consider that a chin-length bob would go a long way toward lightening up Lieutenant T's face. And of course, that's just MO.

And to brave the subjct of smiles: I am *so* happy to see Abby showing a bit of teeth. Could it be that her personality is not being squashed at home, and that we see the unnaturally controlled smile only when a (Zombie) Aunt is behind the camera, on the compound??

Now, then, Christopher as photographer. I feel for the guy. Yes, quite likely the train station (sob!) community center was yet another revelation from God to His second-favorite son, Steve-O. And it's not easy to get a photo of a couple dozen people in which everybody's eyes are open and nobody's smile is wrong. (Well, in normal circumstances, I mean. The smiles on the Maxwells are a lost cause, but that's nothing new.)

And then to be the guy hitting the shutter and running to get into place .... not an easy task. But yegads, the lighting is terrible!!! The glare on the woodwork is so distracting, and the faces of Sarah And The Reversals are lit so poorly.

Finally. Christian my whole life, never ever heard that it was a sin to anthropomorphize animals, especially not plush ones. Props to Melanie and Chris for possibly/apparently/hopefully raising their girls their way, and not slavishly following General Steve & his leftenant. :think:

The clock, the exit sign, the hidden fireplace, the orange extension cord, the black floor mat, the somber clothing, the over processed post production Photoshopping, the strange perspective and pyramid line up.

UGH

Like everything else the Maxwell kids do, it's all in a vacuum. Just as Sarah's limited exposure to other writers informs her own writing, Christopher's same narrow focus (ha!) informs his photography. I've been pursuing photography as a hobbyist for the past two years (and even now, I'd never hire myself out as or call myself a professional--I do work gratis for the experience). I take classes, attend seminars, watch videos, go on Photowalks, join groups, participate in critique sessions and most importantly, I study the masters and their techniques. I seriously doubt Christopher or any of the other pitcher-takin' Maxwells have bothered going outside their bubble and therefore, their craft stagnates.

Finally. Christian my whole life, never ever heard that it was a sin to anthropomorphize animals, especially not plush ones. Props to Melanie and Chris for possibly/apparently/hopefully raising their girls their way, and not slavishly following General Steve & his leftenant. :think:

Yep, my husband was also raised Christian and thinks he was raised "evangelical" as part of the ELCA. He is constantly shocked at the things I was raised with. For the longest time he did not believe me. As to the plush animals - yes, treating an animal like a human is a sin as it is failing to recognize the natural order G-d has put in place. It is the same as telling G-d he made a mistake and presuming to know better than the creator of the universe. It is a reflection of the evil nature of children and is the result of Original Sin. Eve thought she knew better than G-d as well.

Or a toy is just a toy.

The in-law girl with the dark hair Melanie? She looks natural. It's like somebody dropped an ordinary person into a bunch of mannequin women. Except the Nanna, she looks great.

Oh, JeanneD, dear me! Dear you!! :shock: That's right nuts, no offense to your folks who raised you that way.

You might mention to your dear hubs that ELCA's precursor was the sponsor of Davey and Goliath, in which a .... boy talked ... to a ... I don't remember what. I tried looking at it when I was about 10 and found it substandard to Hanna-Barbera, which was saying a lot. ;)

I went to a UU church information session once and one rude old lady (an investigator like me, not a UU member) smirked at me, "You were raised Lutheran Missouri Synod? *scoff* I'll pray for you!" I replied that I'm eternally grateful to have been so raised, and that I'd pray for her, too. The weirdest thing the Lutherans ever taught me was that women could be pastors. Everything else made sense.

But I digress, I am so sorry you were raised with that kind of nonsense. May I ask, what path do you follow now?

From Christopher's photography home page:

None of us knows how much longer we have here on earth. As you contemplate the treasure of your family relationships, the question of when you last had a family photo session comes to mind. If you can't afford a professional, do the photos yourself! If you are interested in hiring me, you'll want to check out my sample family photos.

Good lord! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE SOON, so getchoo some fambly pix, peeps!

From Christopher's photography home page:

Good lord! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE SOON, so getchoo some fambly pix, peeps!

I wonder if he'd do death photos?

I wonder if he'd do death photos?

Only if the corpse and mourners are dressed to his standards of modesty :roll:

Was anyone surprised to see Jim the Cow, that anthropomorphized animal carried by Bethany? I vaguely remembered Steve and Teri writing that they don't allow kids to read books with talking animals or other human features. It's not an uncommon taboo among Christians of yore but it appeared the Maxwells adapted that taboo. That's why I was surprised to see Bethany carrying a stuffed cow-man. I don't know if this is a sign that Melanie is resisting the Maxwell brainwashing or if the Maxwells relaxed their standards this one time.

That's why I've always been surprised they named their bus. Do they refer to Uriah as "he" or "it"? I don't recall.

Bethany holding the cow surprised me. I'm not familiar with Jim the Cow, but when I saw that pic I wondered if Steve considers stuffed animals idols and wouldn't allow them in pictures.

titus2.com/corners/dads-corner/protecting-against-deception/part-9.html link leads back to the main web page now.

Hi Steve!!! :D

Actually, I think this is just one of those web addresses where you have to put "www." in front of everything, or it won't load correctly.

Does anyone else think it's odd that they posted a photo of all the women and not one of all the men? It just seems weird to me that in the photo of the women, Melanie was allowed to hold her baby, but because NR-Anna's baby is a boy, he's not in the photo. So, then, where is the photo of the men and Joshua?

Guest Anonymous
Does anyone else think it's odd that they posted a photo of all the women and not one of all the men? It just seems weird to me that in the photo of the women, Melanie was allowed to hold her baby, but because NR-Anna's baby is a boy, he's not in the photo. So, then, where is the photo of the men and Joshua?

Poor Sarah has nothing else in her life but the blog right now. So will you stop being so GLUTTONOUS with your desire to see the photos? All in good time. The Menz are more important than the feebil wimminz. You have to wait respectfully for the Menz photo. :naughty:

Archived