IGNORED

Maxwells are home!

OkToBeTakei

The same here, I left a comment praising the fellowship between the children in lending a hand to the job and enquiring when Joe was moving in. It was deleted, then again I did sign it Dolly P.

With the lyric bombing and the Free Jinger ambush at the Dog and Pony show, Stevie's guard is well and truely up and it will be a lot harder to get comments past him.

Stevie :naughty: you are going against the truth and God's will by editing and removing posts.

It will be harder to get anything up that remotely questions Steve's Will, even indirect stuff like innocuous house questions. But just to see if I could get away with it, periodically I've been leaving ass-kissing sweetness under different aliases; it accomplishes nothing, but I like the idea of the comments feed being artificially fluffed up by complete insincerity and fake fundie-speak, so he has no idea who's real and who isn't. So far, I think everything's gotten through.

And if he is reading here...hi, Steve, from all of "us." :greetings-wavingyellow:

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be harder to get anything up that remotely questions Steve's Will, even indirect stuff like innocuous house questions. But just to see if I could get away with it, periodically I've been leaving ass-kissing sweetness under different aliases; it accomplishes nothing, but I like the idea of the comments feed being artificially fluffed up by complete insincerity and fake fundie-speak, so he has no idea who's real and who isn't. So far, I think everything's gotten through.

And if he is reading here...hi, Steve, from all of "us." :greetings-wavingyellow:

Hooray for ass-kissing sweetness! LOL! I often wonder how many of the comments on the blog are genuine. I just wish he had the balls to answer comments that are respectfully challenging his lifestyle. But I guess he doesn't think anyone can "respectfully" challenge his lifestyle, so he just pretends no one does.

Guest Anonymous
I hope y'all won't judge me if I try that chocolate peppermint tea recipe that they posted a few entries back...sounds pretty good. ;)

We will not judge you. The Lord Jesus will do that when He returns in glory.

(Do you know where you will go, if you die tonight?)

Something to think about... :whistle:

They are nicely made, as fabric purses go, but they are fabric -- lightweight fabric, at that. So, they tear more easily than leather or fake leather, and stains are harder (or impossible) to get out. And even normal soil can be a problem -- the purses are washable, but fade a bit each time, even washed in cold water and hung to dry.

How do I know? After a lifetime as someone who never liked any florals or paisleys, I've suddenly gotten a taste for patterned fabric purses, totes and wallets. :D Mine have come from the thrift stores. I don't care if they are VB -- I just go for patterns and colors I like.

But, VB or not, the above applies. In fact, I've seen some in thrift stores on which the handle is faded to the point of having almost no color, or is even shredded.

I disagree, the fabric is not lightweight. I have other purses in fabric and you can tell it's much thicker than cheap fabric bags. I only buy mine in color sales because my goodwill has a very tiny selection of purses (like 8 at most at the same time). it's a new color (fall 2012) so I'm assuming it was paid full price.

I think she's old enough to save money and buy her own purse btw. I don't care if she bought it or if it was a gift. Still living rent free at your parents allow you for enough money to buy a 50$ purse.

Hooray for ass-kissing sweetness! LOL! I often wonder how many of the comments on the blog are genuine. I just wish he had the balls to answer comments that are respectfully challenging his lifestyle. But I guess he doesn't think anyone can "respectfully" challenge his lifestyle, so he just pretends no one does.

It has crossed my mind that I might be far from the only one doing this. Gaslighting Steve Maxwell! :mrgreen: Who knows, though.

It has crossed my mind that I might be far from the only one doing this. Gaslighting Steve Maxwell! :mrgreen: Who knows, though.

Oh, no. I'm pretty sure you aren't the only one posting to their blog with less than sincere comments. And, uh, that's all I'm gonna say. :lol:

I disagree, the fabric is not lightweight. I have other purses in fabric and you can tell it's much thicker than cheap fabric bags.

I was trying to describe it to people who have never seen or touched one, and might be imagining that it was really super-sturdy.

It's nice fabric, not as flimsy as a cheaper bag of the same type, and it is quilted, but it is still a lightweight fabric compared to canvas or duck or ripstop vinyl.

That's all I meant, in answering the question of whether the Maxwell's, despite their eschewing fashion and prettiness, might think it was a product worth the money due to long wear and practicality.

Y'know, we aren't likely to see that VBag again. Remember how someone noted that in frumper days they stuck to small calicoes & solids? Lots of modest/plain dressing fans reject "loud" patterns with big motifs, like that on Mary's gift VB.

If Steve or Teri have an "aha!" moment about that bag, away it well might go, in all its gaudy, bawdy glory.

Maybe that's why they specified it as a gift to Mary, to let the faithful know that *they* would **never** let Mary buy something so attention-getting.

Y'know, we aren't likely to see that VBag again. Remember how someone noted that in frumper days they stuck to small calicoes & solids? Lots of modest/plain dressing fans reject "loud" patterns with big motifs, like that on Mary's gift VB.

If Steve or Teri have an "aha!" moment about that bag, away it well might go, in all its gaudy, bawdy glory.

Maybe that's why they specified it as a gift to Mary, to let the faithful know that *they* would **never** let Mary buy something so attention-getting.

I'd love to know who the gift-giver was. It was probably Aunt Tami (Teri's sister) and I'll bet it pissed Steve off.

I had to giggle about the VB purse this morning when I put on my eyeglasses. Turns out one of my pairs is VB. :lol: I wouldn't know VB from Jack Shit.

I was trying to describe it to people who have never seen or touched one, and might be imagining that it was really super-sturdy.

It's nice fabric, not as flimsy as a cheaper bag of the same type, and it is quilted, but it is still a lightweight fabric compared to canvas or duck or ripstop vinyl.

That's all I meant, in answering the question of whether the Maxwell's, despite their eschewing fashion and prettiness, might think it was a product worth the money due to long wear and practicality.

uh yes? I was not attacking you, merely expressing a differing opinion. I have several friends that have had VB bags for over 5 years and are still in very good shape.

Once again, cooking and baking with all that long hair hanging down.

And what's with the "round table discussion"? You get invited to brunch and you're asked to share something as personal as saddest time? I'd be very uncomfortable doing this with neighbors, especially the weirdo Maxwells.

Can't they just visit with each other? Must they always have an agenda?

And what's with the "round table discussion"? You get invited to brunch and you're asked to share something as personal as saddest time? I'd be very uncomfortable doing this with neighbors, especially the weirdo Maxwells.

I'm sure that they view the ladies' brunch as a witnessing opportunity (if any of the neighbors are not sufficiently saved). So yep, I think there's always an agenda.

I was struck too by the topic that Teri chose for the "round table discussion." Yeah, it can't be anything more neutral like "fun things I did this Fall." I would bet y'all a Bible cover that they rehash the sad stories of other, non-family members as evidence of their own blessed state. (I don't mean just the brunch invitees, but anyone they encounter who's not from the compound)

Once again, cooking and baking with all that long hair hanging down.

It's really quite predatory if you think about it. Reveal a deep pain to these woman who are virtual strangers so that they can show you their way is better. Downright creepy, but hey, that the Maxhell cult for you. Even in 'social' situations, Steve must set up the context and format. Well, if you do think about this seriously, it's highly likely the women don't know how to hold a normal conversation.

Yeah. I doubt they know how to go about having a "regular" just stand around and chat type of party.

That said I've been to plenty of parties where people didn't all know each other (expat community parties at the beginning of a new year are prime examples!) and so at some point not long after most people have arrived there is the "self-introductions" portion of the evening, but I can't imagine the theme being "saddest moments." Around here it's more like "so what brings you to this town?" coupled with "wait, we are from the same city back home? small world" for the newbies or "let me tell you hilarious stories about when I first moved here" for the longer-term people. But point being, always light-hearted stuff. Plus recipes.

With a theme like "saddest moments" though I have to wonder if they let people "pass"? Of course even that would be awkward. Just... wut?

I don't think that the Maxwells realize how invasive those questions are. They live in a world where private thoughts and feelings all must be revealed to their parents or some kind of accountability partner. This is Terry Maxwell doing her husbands bidding, not Vivi and the YaYa's.

And Steve was listening to it all from his office down the hall......

Couldn't he just go out for the morning to allow the "ladies" to have their brunch? My headship would feel so wired staying home through something that was designated "ladies only". Not that our social circles have any gender separated activities except hens/ bucks nights. Even baby showers are for everyone.

uh yes? I was not attacking you, merely expressing a differing opinion. I have several friends that have had VB bags for over 5 years and are still in very good shape.

I didn't feel attacked - in fact, I answered because it sounded like you were miffed, thinking I'd implied the fabric was cheap or flimsy, and I didn't want you think I was attacking the quality of the bags.

So I explained that I just meant it is not a heavy, thick fabric. I also have some VB bags that I've had for a few years (and they had previous owners!) -- they are in good shape.

No harm, no foul, no disagreement here. :D

But I would imagine that the Maxwells would see pretty purses as a "fashion" item, and wouldn't consider something a good buy unless it could withstand 20 years of abuse, match everything, and never be either in or out of style.

Guest Anonymous
Um, weird, not wired.

My "headship" (he, personally, gags at the concept) would feel both "wired" AND "weird" if he had to hang around while I presided over a gathering like this. NO WAY would he want to listen in.

I wish I'd been invited.

Best moment of the year? Obama got re-elected, Isn't that just fabulous Praise Him!

Worst moment of the year? Err this lunch?

I'm good with awkward silences. No biggie :D

Archived