IGNORED

What's for dinner?

Koala

Putting TTs on a kebab? That is evil in at least 150 countries. :shock:

The one I get is £5, it's shish kebab (not a huge fan of doner) it has pita, spicy lamb, and vegetables (red cabbage, onion, normal cabbage, lettuce, tomatos and cucumber, all in a dressing.

And tonight's dish is...THE SAME! Yay broken oven!

My range is kaput and it will be a while before every is in place for the kitchen to be done, so I was anticipating living the mirror of your life with a daily kebab. I guess that's not gonna happen soon. I do like the idea of fries with curry sauce. But I could eat curry sauce from a bucket with a spoon.

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me too, but though I love curry sauce it doesn't love me :oops: I indulge sometimes and nearly always regret it, nothing to do with the provider of sauces and everything to do with my innards...

This was great tonight! I went to kebab shop to get a kebab (natch). The guy said to me "I have a little present for you. It's on the house." And gave me a bottle of wine! It's really nice wine as well. :) :) :) :) :)

Me too, but though I love curry sauce it doesn't love me :oops: I indulge sometimes and nearly always regret it, nothing to do with the provider of sauces and everything to do with my innards...

This was great tonight! I went to kebab shop to get a kebab (natch). The guy said to me "I have a little present for you. It's on the house." And gave me a bottle of wine! It's really nice wine as well. :) :) :) :) :)

You will make a great first wife :lol:

On the good news front, I just talked to a pal who said there is a new Middle Eastern rest. in Southtown and they have doners sans les TT. They don't open until 4pm so I don't know if that will be on my route today.

:shock: THAT is a CRIME!!!

Although here there is a lovely delicacy Donner, chips and cheese. Yup you guessed it fries and cheese on top. Just why would you?

It still does not beat deep fried pizza from a Fish and Chipper.

Or going to a really good Chinese we have and ordering chips and curry sauce. (I have obviously never done this, not me :D )

So you wont have tried deep fried mars bar then :lol:

Reuben sandwich (marble rye, corned beef, sauerkraut mixed with thousand island dressing, swiss cheese), grilled, with a bowl of french onion soup. Healthy? Probably not the most. Delicious? 100%. I love ordering in from restaurants :)

Prepackaged shrimp with cornflake breading (PC brand in Can) leftover from New Year's plans with spinach salad. It was good (but word to Canadian peeps, buy it on sale)

On the good news front, I just talked to a pal who said there is a new Middle Eastern rest. in Southtown and they have doners sans les TT. They don't open until 4pm so I don't know if that will be on my route today.

Ah, experiencedd, if you ever make it to the Inspiring Capital, I will show you a fine Middle Eastern restaurant where tater tots would be bewildering and disturbing to the owners. It's halal so they don't serve alcohol but they don't mind you bringing in a bottle or two ;) and there's no charge. It is called this: http://pomegranatesrestaurant.com/

Also to the friendly kebab shop down the road. I LOL'd at the first wife idea. I strongly suspect that isn't on the menu, as it were, for him. :lol:

What they did to your kebab is a crime Experiencedd.

When I was a poor vegetarian uni student I used to eat a lot of falafel kebabs. The young guy in the kebab store used to flirt with me and give me free drinks and toppings (the perks of being 19)and his mum cooking out back used to glare at me. Until he finally asked me my name and I told him - Layla. Yep, a good middle eastern name (although my background is English/ Irish/ mongrel Australian). From then on she couldn't do enough for me, and she kept giving me free kebabs to the point it made me uncomfortable and pointing out what a hard worker her son was. I ended up stopping going there cause it made me so uncomfortable that she never let me pay.

So maybe someone does have their eye on you JFC. I wish our kebab shops were licensed.

If our kebab shops were licensed it would probably put all the pubs & bars out of business.

I had pizza for dinner. Now a feel like a drunken souvlaki.

It is a great restaurant experiencedd. I have been there a few times. I recommend the lamb mezze if you are not vegetarian, if you are the spicy potatoe is also good, and last time I was there (with vegetarian comrade) he raved about the vegetable curry. Chicken kebab is fantastic for the non vegys and their spicy sauce is beyond compare (it also didn't upset my stomach). What else is good is the stuffed vegetables. And the naan.

I haven't tried smoking the mysterious pipe thing and don't think I will :lol: but I am told it is very good.

_lilith and miffy, some kebab shops are licenced but this one isn't - he must have brought in the wine from elsewhere.

Ah, experiencedd, if you ever make it to the Inspiring Capital, I will show you a fine Middle Eastern restaurant where tater tots would be bewildering and disturbing to the owners. It's halal so they don't serve alcohol but they don't mind you bringing in a bottle or two ;) and there's no charge. It is called this: http://pomegranatesrestaurant.com/

Also to the friendly kebab shop down the road. I LOL'd at the first wife idea. I strongly suspect that isn't on the menu, as it were, for him. :lol:

JFC, if I ever go to Edinburgh, we are going to that restaurant together. It sounds absolutely fucking delicious.

JFC, the mysterious pipe is a "hookah" in Arabic and a "nargile" in Turkish. It's traditionally used to smoke hash, but in mixed company it makes do with apple scented tobacco. ;)

Tonight it's hummus, pita, and carrot sticks.

Spaghetti with arrabiata sauce, onion, mushrooms and mixed frozen vegetables, and meatballs with Thousand Island sauce.

JFC, the mysterious pipe is a "hookah" in Arabic and a "nargile" in Turkish. It's traditionally used to smoke hash, but in mixed company it makes do with apple scented tobacco. ;)

Tonight it's hummus, pita, and carrot sticks.

Ah, thank you, AreteJo! I thought it looked like a bong and then "But that's not legal. What are they smoking in there?" :oops:

Down the road from that restaurant there's a head shop and they sell things like it for perhaps less than legal purposes (wouldn't like to speculate, etc). It looked the same so I found it very weird. I knew the restaurant owners would not be comfortable with a drug going on their premises, so I couldn't imagine what else it was for.

• 2 weeks later...

Dolmas, minus the grape leaves (because I lack patience). Basically, this means rice flavored with garlic, cinnamon, salt, lemon, and currants, tossed with nuts at the end, served over arugula (because it's got the pungency of the grape leaves but doesn't need stemming), with some cucumber-mint-yogurt sauce.

Today: BLTs

Tomorrow: Chickpea curry with okra

Wednesday: fried rice with egg

Thursday: lentils and green beans

It might be a bit boring, but nobody is going to starve.

Meatloaf tonight. The old fashioned kind made with Lipton Onion Soup Mix, oatmeal, a couple eggs, a little milk and barbeque sauce (because I dislike ketchup).

Does anyone have a good tip for getting out *all* lumps from homemade mashed potatoes?

Thanks, I've heard of those but wasn't certain how well they worked. I have a child who loves mashed p's but has texture issues with the lumps. Sadly, because I like mine with lumps and skin both.

I use a potato ricer. No lumps.

Making fresh pesto to go over spinach and ricotta tortellini (which I so did not make myself.)

With chicken breast THREE WHOLE chicken breasts for 2 adults and 1 child. Tomato salad. :P

ETA. I found an old carrot and a wilted celery in my fridge so I gave them to my neighbour for her kiddies rabbit.

Meatloaf tonight. The old fashioned kind made with Lipton Onion Soup Mix, oatmeal, a couple eggs, a little milk and barbeque sauce (because I dislike ketchup).

Does anyone have a good tip for getting out *all* lumps from homemade mashed potatoes?

I've used a hand mixer before with good results.

Cream of chestnut soup, fried chicken, salad and potato cakes.

For lunch.

Chinese takeaway for this evening as a treat.

Yes. But how much chicken? Mwahaha ;)

Archived