IGNORED

What's for dinner?

Koala

The recipe is laughably easy. The only ingredients are Nutella and eggs. Seriously. That's it.

kirbiecravings.com/2012/03/2-ingredient-flourless-nutella-cake.html

I don't have a small enough springform pan, so I used parchment paper in a regular cake pan. It lifted right out when it was done. The parchment paper is essential, whichever pan you use. Once it cools, the paper peels right off.

You are awesome. Thank you :D

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tonight is Onion Pie made with sweet onions, butter, sour cream and eggs. Yum!
yum! I made this last week as well, and we ate the leftovers last night. The crust was a little crazy but it tasted delicious.

asypyna9.jpg

post-356-14451996037634_thumb.jpg

If you have a recipe you use I'd love to see it. The recipe I had turned out just like pizza dough, which is something I make all the time, but it's definitely not as neat as the published photo of the recipe, and it's super bread-y, which I don't think is how it's supposed to be.

*slides favorite beverage down the bar to Shirley MacLaine*

I hope you feel better soon.

We are having tomato and feta pizza, because I'm grading and can't be arsed to cook, but I can turn on the oven.

Thai take out, because I was feeling lazy. It was supposed to be Potato/Caraway Havarti chowder, but I guess I'll do that tomorrow instead.

I'm braising cardoons and new potatoes. If they ever finish cooking (I've already cooked the cardoons about a half hour longer than I anticipated, and they're still more chewy than stewy), I will poach a couple eggs and serve them on top.

If you have a recipe you use I'd love to see it. The recipe I had turned out just like pizza dough, which is something I make all the time, but it's definitely not as neat as the published photo of the recipe, and it's super bread-y, which I don't think is how it's supposed to be.

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply...hella busy week.

Onion Pie

3 or 4 large sweet onions

1/2 cup butter

3 eggs, beaten

1 cup sour cream

1/4 tsp salt

1/2 tsp pepper

1 unbaked 9†pie shell

Parmesan cheese

Sauté onions in butter until soft and somewhat browned, but not carmelized. Combine eggs and sour cream and add to onions. Add seasonings, pour into pie shell. Sprinkle the top with cheese.

Bake 20 min. at 450º, then 20 min. at 325º

Sometimes it does take a few extra minutes to really set. I usually let it sit for about 5-10 minutes before slicing it. I also add a few shakes of red pepper flakes to give it a bit of a "kick".

The last few nights have been hectic and I went old school: Manwich open face on buns with cheese and shredded lettuce and, must have with sloppy joes, Fritos! Last night was BLT's.

Tonight I'm making fajitas. Skirt steak marinated in beer, lime and spices and grilled. Sauteed onions and peppers. Yum. I better go get that steak marinating!

Was just about to ask for the recipe. SO going to try that. What do you mean by pie crust? I assume it is pastry, but what type?

I am making Baked ham with English mustard and Muscovado sugar. Mash and white cabbage and kale. Yes my Parents ARE coming for dinner :lol: Irish love their ham and cabbage!

dinner:

beef roast

mash potatoes with cream cheese.

cabbage

steamed bok choy for me

desert:

homemade polish cream cake

we try to always make enough for two meals for frugality sake.

Was just about to ask for the recipe. SO going to try that. What do you mean by pie crust? I assume it is pastry, but what type?

I am making Baked ham with English mustard and Muscovado sugar. Mash and white cabbage and kale. Yes my Parents ARE coming for dinner :lol: Irish love their ham and cabbage!

When I'm being all Suzy Homemaker, I make my own pastry/pie crust. You know; flour, shortening/butter, ice water, etc.. When I'm pressed for time I just buy a frozen, pre-made crust from the store or those roll out ones from, umm, Pillsbury I think? They'll do in a pinch.

Honey soy glazed chicken parts with vegetable brown rice. Oranges for dessert. Fortunately, I made enough glaze to have everything with shrimp tomorrow for Meatless Monday lunch. Baked beans are in the slow cooker for supper tomorrow, so all I should have to do is reheat them and make a quick Boston brown bread in the microwave.

When I'm being all Suzy Homemaker, I make my own pastry/pie crust. You know; flour, shortening/butter, ice water, etc.. When I'm pressed for time I just buy a frozen, pre-made crust from the store or those roll out ones from, umm, Pillsbury I think? They'll do in a pinch.

I've made my own crust before, but I really can't tell the difference between homemade and Pillsbury 90% of the time. I personally don't think the ROI in from scratch pie crust is worth it. However, I'm sure plenty of people would say that about homemade pasta as well. It's messy and time consuming, and pasta is so inexpensive anyway... But I think fresh homemade noodles are so much better.

Archived