IGNORED

What's for dinner?

Koala

Last night I made the stuffed peppers from a recipe in Food Network Magazine. Tonight I'm making homemade chicken tenders and mashed potatoes w/vegetables. Tomorrow I'm making pork dumplings from another recipe in the magazine. The good news is that all of this low sodium home cooking is keeping hubby's blood pressure in check.

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couscous. Roasted root vegetables with sweet spices (ginger, cinnamon, etc.), harissa, chickpeas, onion, and dried apricots. This was really tasty.

So jealous of JFC's Kebab fetish am making my own :lol:

Homemade tandoori chicken, currently marinating. Served with Kebab shop style shredded lettuce toms and cuke with homemade chilli sauce. Oh Pita, obviously.

That sounds excellent, OKToBe! Aargh I feel hungry just thinking of it :)

Tonight it is *drumroll* A KEBAB. From the kebab shop down the road. Cheap, cheerful, friendly and tasty food.

(I still rather have your one though....)

Guest Anonymous

Toad in the Hole, Mashed carrot and potato, peas, onion gravy.

Plum batter pudding & icecream.

(Cleaned the freezer and found sausages and plums lurking in the bottom...)

Deconstructed stuffing. I don't like soggy bread, but like celery, sage, bell peppers, mushrooms. So I'm sauteing the usual vegetable suspects, then putting them in oven-safe dishes and shirring an egg over top of each portion, then poking at the finished result with toast bits.

One of my cold weather favorites (it's supposed to snow today) African peanut stew. I usually have it with brown rice but I have tabouli left from yest. so I'll use that instead.

One of my cold weather favorites (it's supposed to snow today) African peanut stew. I usually have it with brown rice but I have tabouli left from yest. so I'll use that instead.

I miss snow... it's supposed to get up to 65 here this weekend. I miss the snow.

Peach chutney chicken, boiled potatoes, and a green smoothie made with frozen strawberries, blueberries, bananas, and spinach. We may have some mustard greens if I decide to get a little fancy with the meal, I just haven't decided.

My mom makes African peanut stew in the summer, not the winter (because it's when we have chard fresh from the garden).

That sounds excellent, OKToBe! Aargh I feel hungry just thinking of it :)

Tonight it is *drumroll* A KEBAB. From the kebab shop down the road. Cheap, cheerful, friendly and tasty food.

(I still rather have your one though....)

It was not bad, just not as good as a Kebab shop one :(

I bet it was great :)

The kebab shop guy last night was showing me his new 2013 menus and saying "What do you think? Do you think the colour scheme is OK? We've expanded our menu, look." I told him the truth, that all of it was tasty as a really tasty thing and I was sure any changes would be good too.

I like spicy tasting food and possess no sweet tooth at all. Kebabs are perfect! This is also a really good kebab shop. We discussed together their rival who charges £9 for a small chicken kebab (which isn't very good). He's been scandalised by this, as his chicken kebabs are under a fiver for a small and well under £9 for a large (also they are better.)

:lol:

The kebab shop guy last night was showing me his new 2013 menus and saying "What do you think? Do you think the colour scheme is OK? We've expanded our menu, look." I told him the truth, that all of it was tasty as a really tasty thing and I was sure any changes would be good too.

I like spicy tasting food and possess no sweet tooth at all. Kebabs are perfect! This is also a really good kebab shop. We discussed together their rival who charges £9 for a small chicken kebab (which isn't very good). He's been scandalised by this, as his chicken kebabs are under a fiver for a small and well under £9 for a large (also they are better.)

Ze Capital is expensive indeed. Small Chicken £4.50 Large £5.90 and they are HUGE! I reckon about 2 large chicken breasts per Kebab. Funnily enough I always finish it, some for dinner then some for 'Ron :lol:

You guys pay HOW MUCH for a kebab? As in doner kebab? Bread, salad, meat? I pay €3,50 for a regular one, €4 for a durum kebab, which is huge, and the hip kebab place near me, where you have to wait at least half an hour since it's been in Lonely Planet, takes 3,90, I think.

Berlin IS cheap, but wow. :shock:

We had a kebab shop open in town a few weeks ago and I immediately thought of you. So I'm thinking I'll have a kebab, my first since leaving El Lay over 20 years ago. I go in, line up, it's kinda like the Soup Nazi scene in Seinfeld. The line is silent, it moves in an ordered military fashion. I get to the counter and order a lamb kebab. I watch the guy starting to prepare my kebab and I'm almost drooling, the place smells great. He assembles and right before he wraps it, he dumps a pile of tater tots fresh from the fryer on top. :shock: WTF. I ask him what he's doing and he said that's how he makes his kebabs if I don't like it I can go somewhere else. I tell him TTs on a kebab is just wrong.

I left and wandered across the street to my pub where I ordered a rare cheeseburger with a dry martini. My hopes for a kebab were dashed like a ship on a rocky shore.

We had a kebab shop open in town a few weeks ago and I immediately thought of you. So I'm thinking I'll have a kebab, my first since leaving El Lay over 20 years ago. I go in, line up, it's kinda like the Soup Nazi scene in Seinfeld. The line is silent, it moves in an ordered military fashion. I get to the counter and order a lamb kebab. I watch the guy starting to prepare my kebab and I'm almost drooling, the place smells great. He assembles and right before he wraps it, he dumps a pile of tater tots fresh from the fryer on top. :shock: WTF. I ask him what he's doing and he said that's how he makes his kebabs if I don't like it I can go somewhere else. I tell him TTs on a kebab is just wrong.

I left and wandered across the street to my pub where I ordered a rare cheeseburger with a dry martini. My hopes for a kebab were dashed like a ship on a rocky shore.

:shock: THAT is a CRIME!!!

Although here there is a lovely delicacy Donner, chips and cheese. Yup you guessed it fries and cheese on top. Just why would you?

It still does not beat deep fried pizza from a Fish and Chipper.

Or going to a really good Chinese we have and ordering chips and curry sauce. (I have obviously never done this, not me :D )

Putting TTs on a kebab? That is evil in at least 150 countries. :shock:

The one I get is £5, it's shish kebab (not a huge fan of doner) it has pita, spicy lamb, and vegetables (red cabbage, onion, normal cabbage, lettuce, tomatos and cucumber, all in a dressing.

And tonight's dish is...THE SAME! Yay broken oven!

Archived