IGNORED

What's for dinner?

Koala

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fenugreek dal with coconut. (Did you know that fenugreek was botanically a legume? I did not, until this recipe told me so.) Spiced cabbage salad. Rice. Maybe some poppadums, because I would like to have leftovers for lunch.

Testify!

No haggis today. I normally love haggis. but haggis and vomiting do not mix.

Tomato soup, with, if I'm feeling better, a couple of pieces of cheese.

Tonight: fried chicken, mashed potatoes, steamed mixed veggies

Tomorrow: Home made chicken veggie soup simmered all day in the slow cooker...with corn bread and butter.

Sunday: Veggie soup made for next week's lunches...and dinner not sure...might grill steaks if it warms up.

No Haggis on the menu...

I made Stuffed Shells and giambolla from a recipe I found in a cookbook written by a guy who used to run with the Gambino crew. He's in witness protection now but wrote a cookbook and combines recipes and anecdotes from his years in the mob. Now I am inspired to cook the meal that Ray Liotta's character made at the end of "Goodfellas." (veal cutlets, beans, ziti w/3 diff kinds of meat in the sauce)

My stew should have been enough but, for some reason, I now want hot buttered toast. :p

Because hot buttered toast is awesome. Also, it totally counts as dessert. Flour + butter = pastry, right?

Pasta with Alfredo sauce. Cream sauce usually makes me hurt (my working hypothesis is that high enough concentration of fat, esp. butterfat, results in stomach pain for me), so I used half-and-half to make the sauce instead, and still hurt. Feh. Bechamel made using whole milk is okay, though. I don't get it.

The garlicky broccoli rabe we had with it was wonderful, though.

One of the kids got a chocolate fountain for xmas and I've been promising that we'll use it. So tonight it's chocolate fruit and junk for dinner. If we use milk chocolate will that count as a protein :?:

I made Curried Carrot soup for the kiddo coming in from school. It is cold and wet :(

Dinner. I found some puff pastry in the freezer and have some peppers, spinach and feta to use up, so some kind of puff pastry thingy.

I made Curried Carrot soup for the kiddo coming in from school. It is cold and wet :(

Dinner. I found some puff pastry in the freezer and have some peppers, spinach and feta to use up, so some kind of puff pastry thingy.

I read this as "curried goat soup!" Which I have had in NYC at a West Indies restaurant. (And it was tasty!) But at first all I could think of were those cute house-broken mini-goats everybody was asking Curious for... curried. In a soup. Noooooooooooooo!

I read this as "curried goat soup!" Which I have had in NYC at a West Indies restaurant. (And it was tasty!) But at first all I could think of were those cute house-broken mini-goats everybody was asking Curious for... curried. In a soup. Noooooooooooooo!

:lol:

Mince and tatties. That kind of weather.

One and a half pounds of aberdeen angus steak mince between my kiddo and me. Kelly is spinnin' in Alabama. She could eek that out at least a month :P

Pepperoni pizza and breadsticks from Pizza Hut, salad, chocolate birthday cake with rocky road ice cream.

Last night, ravioli filled with pears and goat cheese, served with sauteed apples and chard.

Tonight, sambar (spicy lentil stew) and rice with a coconut-cabbage dish and poppadums.

Archived