IGNORED

What's for dinner?

Koala

Tonight is soccer night for us. 2 hours at the field, so we won't be home until after 7. I have a Pinterest recipe for crock pot chicken tacos cooking. My crock pot saves me on soccer nights.

What are you guys having?

Also, if you have a favorite Pinterest recipe please share it!

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got a rib eye aging in the fridge, that and a salad with avocado, tomatoes and onions.

I will be lighting the mesquite so we need to be on fundy alert. :lol:

I have a sinus infection and am being anti-antibiotic because I'm 99% sure it's viral, so I've prescribed myself some Jewish penicillin/matzo ball chicken soup for dinner--just in case. ;) Actually, should get the stock going now!

We are eating badly. I'm taking Duggar -esque levels of eating. Why? We are renovating our kitchen and currently we only have the microwave hooked up - so meals have been frozen foods from the grocery store or fast food. I had a "Hungry Man" frozen meal for lunch. It is ok if you hold your nose and don't think too carefully about what it is that you are eating. Tonight: McDonalds. I've been thinking that since I am eating like Smugger maybe I should post pictures of all my crap meals on tumbler/twitter too.

Tonight is quick dinner night. Ginger marinated chick peas over rice with cucumber and yogurt/garlic/dill dip on the side. Made the chick peas on Sunday, I just have to make rice, peel a cucumber and throw the dip together when I get home.

I have some tilapia thawing in the fridge, I'll probably bake it with some garlic, dill, salt, and pepper. I think I'll boil a sweet potato and mash it with cinnamon sugar. And a steamed veggie, probably green beans or broccoli.

I've got some split pea soup simmering in my Crock Pot. I'll probably pick up some crusty bread or pretzel rolls to go with it, when I leave the house to get my daughter from school.

Hmmmm . . . . . since I have my Crock Pot out, perhaps I should make something Emilyesque to go along with the soup. Maybe some dress cheese. I can use the skirt I wore to synagogue yesterday.

Tonight is quick dinner night. Ginger marinated chick peas over rice with cucumber and yogurt/garlic/dill dip on the side. Made the chick peas on Sunday, I just have to make rice, peel a cucumber and throw the dip together when I get home.

Please post the chick pea recipe over on the recipe thread. I think I would enjoy eating at your house any day of the week.

I had chipolata sausages, some leftover risotto from yesterday, a salad made with lettuce, homegrown green beans, spring onions, tomatoes, sunflower seeds and some other stuff I've forgotten, and some special tear-apart rosemary bread (which turned out to be a bit salty for my taste). I just had a creme caramel pot for pudding.

Tonight is soccer night for us. 2 hours at the field, so we won't be home until after 7. I have a Pinterest recipe for crock pot chicken tacos cooking. My crock pot saves me on soccer nights.

What are you guys having?

Also, if you have a favorite Pinterest recipe please share it!

I laughed when I read this because my son has soccer tonight (if we're not rained out) and I also have crockpot chicken tacos going. What recipe did you use?

I just throw in a jar of salsa (or homemade salsa usually) a package of seasoning (or about 4 tbsps homemade seasoning mix) and a pound of chicken breast. I turn it on high and let it go until it can be fork shredded. We usually top them with avocado, tomatoes and cheese. I've used beans to do a vegetarian recipe as well. I've even done it with fish and just use a citrus based salsa.

Crockpot chicken tacos are a staple around here.

Please post the chick pea recipe over on the recipe thread. I think I would enjoy eating at your house any day of the week.

I'd like to know how it's made too. I could eat chick peas like some people eat potato chips. Once I start, I can't stop.

ok..what is a Crock pot? Is it a 'Slow Cooker?'
Crock Pot is a name brand of a slow cooker. Americans from certain regions use name brands to refer to things even though they're not using the name brand of the thing. Like calling all bandages "Band-aids" regardless of manufacturer.

ok..what is a Crock pot? Is it a 'Slow Cooker?'

Yes.

My dinner: beef crust casserole with a cabbage, onion and tomato filling and brussels sprouts on the side.

Chocolate cheesecake for dessert.

You guys on here seem to use them a LOT..I need to look in to this. Not sure they are as popular here at the moment. Some of the recipes I read here sound great.

I'm craving breakfast food. We're going to have bacon, sausage, eggs, hash browns, fruit salad with yogurt, and choc chip pancakes. My kids eat a great deal of food.

Yes. http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/jsp/sear ... tid=171436 I have the red one in the second row. I had a big computerized one that was expensive, and it sucked. The red one is great and it's cheap.

There is a huge variation in price and sizes, the red one is funky. Also...when I clicked the link I am told JC Penney now ship to the UK...Cool..will browse later :D

I laughed when I read this because my son has soccer tonight (if we're not rained out) and I also have crockpot chicken tacos going. What recipe did you use?

I just throw in a jar of salsa (or homemade salsa usually) a package of seasoning (or about 4 tbsps homemade seasoning mix) and a pound of chicken breast. I turn it on high and let it go until it can be fork shredded. We usually top them with avocado, tomatoes and cheese. I've used beans to do a vegetarian recipe as well. I've even done it with fish and just use a citrus based salsa.

Crockpot chicken tacos are a staple around here.

Did yo make sure to lacto-ferment the salsa before using it?

Archived