IGNORED

What's for dinner?

Koala

individual serving pizzas (pita bread is the perfect size for a pizza crust, fyi!) and lentil soup. weird combo, but whatever.

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We cooked chili in the crockpot. It seems I am using that crockpot a lot, maybe one of my New Years resolutions should have been to do more real cooking?

Chicken and leek pie. It's my DD's all time favourite, and I have some whole wheat puff pastry in the freezer that I want to use up before totally committing to new years diet. It's too tricky to make (for me, anyway) and too yummy to allow to go to waste.

A frozen cheese pizza with Canadian bacon and jalapenos added. It's snowing here and people were going crazy so I was not in the mood to try and go to the store so I just made do with what I had.

Guest Anonymous
Wagamama with Tiger beer :D

Mmmm, what exactly did you eat? Because I am very jealous. :mrgreen:

I had a toasted cheese sandwich and a tin of Heinz tomato soup. No beer.

Tonight is a butternut squash and apple soup. I have a bit of bread rising that I think I'm going to turn in to either flat bread or rolls. That with some hot blueberry black tea.

That sounds really, really good. I want to come crash your dinner.

Chicken and leek pie. It's my DD's all time favourite, and I have some whole wheat puff pastry in the freezer that I want to use up before totally committing to new years diet. It's too tricky to make (for me, anyway) and too yummy to allow to go to waste.

This is a recipe I am interested in. Leeks are one of my all time favorite veggies. Are you willing to share please? :animals-chickencatch: (the smiley I was looking for wasn't there, so I put a chicken instead. Makes perfect sense, right?)

That sounds really, really good. I want to come crash your dinner.

Honestly it turned out less than stellar. But you are welcome to come crash any time. I love cooking for other people! The Partner will eat ANYTHING and say it's "pretty good"... everything is "pretty good". Could be a burnt piece of the worst bread ever made, and it's still pretty good. So I love cooking for people who seem to actually have taste buds and can give honest feedback.

Tonight is a simple meal. Homemade pizza bagels, a simple salad, and some oolong Chai tea for me and some local beer for the partner.

Mmmm, what exactly did you eat? Because I am very jealous. :mrgreen:

I had a toasted cheese sandwich and a tin of Heinz tomato soup. No beer.

Edamame, Chilli squid. Then Miso Ramen. TIGER beer :lol:

This (what I am making for dinner) is a Greek thing:

Slice a couple onions and cook them in enough olive oil to keep them from sticking, until they're browning a bit. Add split peas (preferably the yellow ones, but any will do) and stir to coat them in oil. Add water to cover the peas plus an inch and a half. Cook at a simmer for a couple hours, adding water if needed, until the peas have completely fallen apart. Let them cool for an hour or so, then stir in way more oil than seems reasonable, plus salt to taste, plus lemon juice if you have it.

Eat on toast, maybe topped with some flavor bombs (sauteed garlic + olives + tomatoes + capers + vinegar). It is not all that much to look at but I love the taste.

Making Beef Wellington for my Mum's birthday. Freaking out I will ruin it as the fillet cost me £43.62 :shock:

Making Beef Wellington for my Mum's birthday. Freaking out I will ruin it as the fillet cost me £43.62 :shock:

Oof. I hope it turns out.

We made savory pancakes with chard in them tonight. Good, but not fantastic.

Slow cooker pork ribs (aka lazy BBQ), mashed potatoes and roasted sweet potatoes. The kids really wanted ribs last night, and I was appalled by the cost of the already prepared ones, so I compromised with burgers last night, and promised BBQ ribs for tonight, when I actually have a chance to make them.

Making the split pea dish again-- the last batch didn't absorb water well at all (old beans, sigh), but at least it resulted in tasty broth.

Archived