IGNORED

Erika Shupe *grim rictus* Large Families on Purpose Part 4

keen23

My dear friend's homemade chili recipe is already going in our crockpot this morning! (of course it will look softer after it is cooked) A family favorite that will smell good in our home all day, and served with cornbread tonight will make everyone's time he's happy as it always does. Delicious smells in a home always have the nicest effect...

The heck?  Have you huffing Scrubbing Bubbles fumes again, Erika?

She also spelled "resourceful" as "resource full" in the gardening post and blamed it on Siri.  

Spoiler

tumblr_nimk8a4sij1skru9ro1_500.gif

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are some areas in the U.S. Where you can get an agriculture permit at 14. You are highly restricted in where you can drive and the hours you can drive. Part of the permit my family member has says that you can not drive to school. You drive around the ranch and up to 5 miles away from the property. This is in the middle of nowhere on dirt roads. 

I think they had those too where I lived. Don't quote me on this but I believe you could get those at 13. However most of the farm kids I knew had families that didn't bother as they only drive around on their property and maybe occasionally on back roads. But this is 20 years ago so I'm not sure if that is still available.

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

She also spelled "resourceful" as "resource full" in the gardening post and blamed it on Siri.  

Reveal hidden contents

I just can't imagine talking to Siri with 9 kids in the home or doing any sort of voice dictation. It must be eerily quiet there.
(Voice to text also sort of freaks me out. I feel like everybody is reading my private text messages or I'm talking to myself. Not a fan.)

I can only imagine the Shupe kids having to listen to her daily voice dictations. I bet it's even more preachy and sanctimonious irl. Wonder if she even says 'full stop'?

5 hours ago, AbandonAllHope said:

Erika would never think of her face as a deterrent to fornication.  She wears just the right amount of makeup to accent her features, dontcha know??  And I almost forgot about the whisps!

But the whisps are the most important part!!!!!

18 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:
My dear friend's homemade chili recipe is already going in our crockpot this morning! (of course it will look softer after it is cooked) A family favorite that will smell good in our home all day, and served with cornbread tonight will make everyone's time he's happy as it always does. Delicious smells in a home always have the nicest effect...

Spoiler

Spoiler

For some reason I think of Jessa Duggar every time I see that clip.

In Kansas you can still get a farm permit at 14. It allows you to drive to and from school (specifying using the most direct route) and for a farm job. You have to take the written test and a vision test to get an instructional permit. Then you have to take the driving portion and submit a proof of farm residence form.

My oldest is 14 and has her IP, but has not taken the driving test yet. Being able to drive to the high school next year will save her almost an hour each direction over taking the school bus.

Most kids here are able to get a farm permit, and I actually don't know of any crashes among the 14-15 y/o set. It's the 17/18 group that seems to have trouble.

3 hours ago, SoybeanQueen said:

In Kansas you can still get a farm permit at 14. It allows you to drive to and from school (specifying using the most direct route) and for a farm job. You have to take the written test and a vision test to get an instructional permit. Then you have to take the driving portion and submit a proof of farm residence form.

My oldest is 14 and has her IP, but has not taken the driving test yet. Being able to drive to the high school next year will save her almost an hour each direction over taking the school bus.

Most kids here are able to get a farm permit, and I actually don't know of any crashes among the 14-15 y/o set. It's the 17/18 group that seems to have trouble.

Interesting!

There are 10 states where you can get your license (learner's permit, farm license) at 14.

10 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Reveal hidden contents

Oh Erika. I assume "time he's happy" should be "tummies happy" but proofread, lady!

Is Bob still on Facebook lockdown or is he once again allowed to splay his xenophobia for all the world to see?

1 hour ago, Seven Severn said:

Is Bob still on Facebook lockdown or is he once again allowed to splay his xenophobia for all the world to see?

Nope, seems like his public posting days have come to an end. Girl, you know Erika probably tore him a new you-know-what over the Halloween posts. 

I can picture Bob married to someone else with 2 kids, who are allowed to celebrate halloween, and see both sets of grandparents. 

5 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I can picture Bob married to someone else with 2 kids, who are allowed to celebrate halloween, and see both sets of grandparents. 

Bob is totally happy because Erika puts him first! *smile* And he totally wanted more children than he could afford. *chuckle* 

9 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

You forgot to add, happy.

Well apparently, according to Erika, GOMI and FJ are echo chambers. I'm hurt to the core. Ha! Not.

She has a post up with an article saying "Does Homeschooling offer hope for America?", and says it's for us and GOMI.

Seeing as no one here is really against homeschooling if it's done properly, by people who can SPELL (looking at YOU Erika!!), so that the children actually receive an education, instead of some half assed effort, I can't imagine why it's directed at us.

I'm so upset, I am going strait to the kitchen to make a nice hot cup of coco in my new Stirophome cup.

But don't worry about me, I shall be OK *rye smile* *nervous tic* *shudder*

'Bye Erika!! :562479b1e2079_Whyhullothurwave:

ETA: Interesting article though actually...

“I believe that home education is producing, and will produce, the future leaders of our culture. I believe that you will lead America into decades of revival and national reformation. If you don’t, there is little hope for our country. A lot depends on you” (Rick Boyer, Take Back the Land).

“They are fighting for freedom…homeschoolers are on the forefront of the battle to restore family, faith and freedom in the 21st century” (Generations Radio, 2014).

But these claims are not backed up by the previously mentioned studies.

The Nehemiah Institute (a worldview assessment center) has a worldview test that, although certainly far from perfect, suggests that homeschoolers are sub-par. A 2011 large-scale, longitudinal  study of high school graduates, the Cardus Education Survey, suggests average to less-than-average results academically.

21 minutes ago, DaffyDill said:

Well apparently, according to Erika, GOMI and FJ are echo chambers. I'm hurt to the core. Ha! Not.

She has a post up with an article saying "Does Homeschooling offer hope for America?", and says it's for us and GOMI.

Seeing as no one here is really against homeschooling if it's done properly, by people who can SPELL (looking at YOU Erika!!), so that the children actually receive an education, instead of some half assed effort, I can't imagine why it's directed at us.

I'm so upset, I am going strait to the kitchen to make a nice hot cup of coco in my new Stirophome cup.

But don't worry about me, I shall be OK *rye smile* *nervous tic* *shudder*

'Bye Erika!! :562479b1e2079_Whyhullothurwave:

I don't know what Erika gets out of acknowledging us like that. All it does is show us that she reads here and that she cares what we think. Its funny that she calls us an echo chamber when her whole life (and entire family's life) is one big echo chamber. An echo chamber that SHE created. She can't even handle dissent in the comments of her FB posts- she'll delete specific comments or the whole post if enough people go against her. At least in FJ, dissenting opinions are allowed (and NOT deleted). 

She better not try and pick an argument with the posters here about echo chambers. She'll lose before she can even get out a single *chuckle* *squeeze hug* *vomit*. 

Edit: I took a peek at the GOMI thread. The last couple of pages are tearing her apart her spelling and homeschooling abilities based on that note Brandon wrote her a while back. That must be what prompted her little post. 

Um... FJ is an echo chamber?

I don't think this woman realizes what an 'echo chamber' is.

It refers to the intentional construction of churches, opera houses, and other performance halls to very specifically focus, keep clear, and reverberate the performance on the stage so that the entire audience can hear it. They were pretty much only used before microphones were invented and such.

So, she basically called FJ a 'performance theatre that all can clearly hear' and kinda accidentally complimented this place, because a loud and clear message is exactly what you want.

Not sure she actually read that article. She must have been in a bad mood last night to post that directed at FJ and GOMI. Wonder how soon it will disappear.

Maybe she's just sick of us talking about driver's license requirements and wants us to get back on topic :pb_rollseyes:

Yeah, did she actually read that article? 

Unless she meant it to mean "well, they might not be amazing at spelling or be way ahead of everyone else, but they're getting a Jesus-based education and that's what matters." Except she has mentioned that she means for the kids to "SOAR" above GED requirements (her words)... and then she wrote that she didn't want her kids to have any "astigmatisms" attached to them. (She doesn't believe in the GED cos apparently they imply that someone barely passed high school, and she intends for them to SOAR.) 

But IDK. 

Can you imagine that the next generation will be Erika's kids homeschooling their kids and soon a real education from a school will be so far removed that the great grandkids really won't know anything other than the Bible. Which I think is exactly what miss former teacher Erika wants. *vomit* I guess that's "saving" America. 

46 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

and then she wrote that she didn't want her kids to have any "astigmatisms" attached to them.

:pb_lol: I am what we in the south call "dog sick" right now, but this made me laugh.  :pb_lol:

I just read the article. How is that supposed to change our minds? On anything? The article made it sound as though homeschoolers were sub par in most things: Academics, creating empowered adults, theology... I don't get the point of her giving us that article. 

2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Yeah, did she actually read that article? 

Unless she meant it to mean "well, they might not be amazing at spelling or be way ahead of everyone else, but they're getting a Jesus-based education and that's what matters." Except she has mentioned that she means for the kids to "SOAR" above GED requirements (her words)... and then she wrote that she didn't want her kids to have any "astigmatisms" attached to them. (She doesn't believe in the GED cos apparently they imply that someone barely passed high school, and she intends for them to SOAR.) 

But IDK. 

"Astigmatisms."  What the ever-lovin' fuck.  Those poor, poor children...

Maybe she meant we'd get a kick out of the article because it agreed with us that her kids are behind? 

I love how one commentor agreed that college professors do say homeschoolers are behind academically but are far more creative. I guess it's all that time Erika gives her kids with the thinking putty she's always raving about.  

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived