IGNORED

Erika Shupe *grim rictus* Large Families on Purpose Part 4

keen23

1 hour ago, happy atheist said:

:obscene-drinkingcheers: "Parading Around in a Bifurcated Garment, Showing off my Crotch" is our newest post count title!

*hyperventilates*  OMG, OMG, OMG.  This is the only thing that could have made finding my pants any better.

12 hours ago, Rubaiyat said:

Pretty sure I just fell in love with you.  :my_biggrin:   I would LOVE to see a certain blogger try to spell "bifurcated."  

Awe, thanks.  I had a roommate who was a frequent user of "bifurcated".  She was mostly a skirt wearer (reasons of comfort, not religion) but occasionally wore pants when activities dictated.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

So if Erika gets pregnant from just looking at Bob why haven't there been any new blessings?

'Cuz she's old now. Despite all the evidence she found to the contrary, fertility-both conception and carrying a baby to term does decrease significantly after 40. I'd be really surprised if she has another baby. Not impossible, I have 44 and 47yr old friends who had babies this year (9th for both), but both considered it a near miracle, and even among those who use no birth control babies after 40 are pretty rare.

Yep, the determination of fundie women to have babies well into their 40s is quite something. That last baby Erika conceived would be born by now, as she said the due date was January. I know this is weird, but I'm kind of wondering what it would've been called, boy or girl etc. It's like how occasionally I wonder what Jubilee Duggar would've looked like. (Yes, I'm weird, but sometimes I do imagine these things).

6 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

So if Erika gets pregnant from just looking at Bob why haven't there been any new blessings?

Maybe those bifurcated garments on ol' Bob are just a bit too tight and slowly cooking his little swimmers?

*chuckle* Erika's age has nothing to do with her lack of new blessings. That's just a myth made up by liberal, secular doctors to control the population. *smirk* God has decided that Erika has her hands full with the children she has, so he hasn't given her any more. It's just that simple *rye smile*

*vomit*

Honestly, it's a good thing Erika's womb stopped cooperating with their agenda when it did, because... well, excuse my slang, but there ain't no more room in that there house.

It is also possible that her ovaries just collectively committed suicide after becoming aware of what they were participating in ...

7 minutes ago, withaj said:

Honestly, it's a good thing Erika's womb stopped cooperating with their agenda when it did, because... well, excuse my slang, but there ain't no more room in that there house.

Nah, they could pack some more in. Maybe she could commission a quadruple bunk for the kids!

4 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

Nah, they could pack some more in. Maybe she could commission a quadruple bunk for the kids!

Oh, I'm sure Erika has already thought it through.

They could probably hang a hammock in the middle of the room for the older ones to sleep in if they wanted. Take it down during the day so the kids still have room to play.

16 minutes ago, OnceUponATime said:

They could probably hang a hammock in the middle of the room for the older ones to sleep in if they wanted. Take it down during the day so the kids still have room to play.

Not a chance. Too much fun!!!

1 hour ago, OnceUponATime said:

That's inefficient: She could hang salted and cured meats from hooks via the underside of the hammock, amongst other provisions and supplies.

...or am I thinking of something that Little House on the Prairie would do?

No food in the children's rooms. They might eat an unscheduled amount at an unscheduled time. And you know where that leads...

5 minutes ago, OnceUponATime said:

No food in the children's rooms. They might eat an unscheduled amount at an unscheduled time. And you know where that leads...

When you eat at unscheduled times: You eat with Satan.

29 minutes ago, THERetroGamerNY said:

When you eat at unscheduled times: You eat with Satan.

Could this be another post count inspired by Erika?

They could put pallets on the floor of the play room, which would be rolled up and stored out of sight during the day. Melanie and Karen could sleep on them. What fun! It's like a sleepover every night!

7 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

Could this be another post count inspired by Erika?

Savoring Unscheduled Snacks with Satan!   :pb_lol: 

6 hours ago, princessmahina said:

They could put pallets on the floor of the play room, which would be rolled up and stored out of sight during the day. Melanie and Karen could sleep on them. What fun! It's like a sleepover every night!

Just like her BFF Zsu Anderson's house: sleeper camp every night!!

Honestly, I don't understand why there are so few trundle and murphy beds in space-scarce large families.  Those save tons of room and are a great way to keep a room looking neat with littles.  I live in a historic urban area, so small houses are common.  I know plenty of people who do double-duty by having murphy beds in office/sitting room, which really makes the house seem much bigger.  You really could get a lot more mileage out of most bedrooms if you used some of those space-saving options!

8 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

Just like her BFF Zsu Anderson's house: sleeper camp every night!!

Honestly, I don't understand why there are so few trundle and murphy beds in space-scarce large families.  Those save tons of room and are a great way to keep a room looking neat with littles.  I live in a historic urban area, so small houses are common.  I know plenty of people who do double-duty by having murphy beds in office/sitting room, which really makes the house seem much bigger.  You really could get a lot more mileage out of most bedrooms if you used some of those space-saving options!

Karen and Anna-Marie are on a trundle bed, I think. Karen up top, and the younger one below. 

33 minutes ago, defraudingjezebel said:

Apparently Erika did a skype interview in a podcast that was posted yesterday. I'm about to go to a meeting so I can't listen to it at the moment, but I bet it's a doozy.  http://www.marvelousmomsclub.com/ep-021-large-family-on-purpose-with-erika-shupe/

I listened to it. It wasn't anything different from the blog really. *wink*

45 minutes ago, defraudingjezebel said:

Apparently Erika did a skype interview in a podcast that was posted yesterday. I'm about to go to a meeting so I can't listen to it at the moment, but I bet it's a doozy.  http://www.marvelousmomsclub.com/ep-021-large-family-on-purpose-with-erika-shupe/

I noticed it's titled "Large Family on Purpose with Erika Shupe." Couldn't they at least get her blog's name right? :pb_rollseyes: Edit: maybe it's just the episode title? It's referred to correctly later on.

2 comments that appear to be from her husband below the podcast.

wow she sounds different that I had expected. way more friendly *smile* sounding than her blog *snicker*.

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived