IGNORED

Erika Shupe *grim rictus* Large Families on Purpose Part 4

keen23

4 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

Ahh thank you! This makes more sense! When I was flipping through those pictures I thought that Karen had _already_ turned 17, and was disappointed to find these pics suggesting she was farther from freedom than I thought. What a relief! 

It's nice Karen had so many birthday celebrations, but do you notice none of them includes friends? When is her party with her friends, where they go to Starbucks and a movie without any adults? She's 17, not 7, Erika. I hope the poor girl has friends her own age.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Hisey said:

It's nice Karen had so many birthday celebrations, but do you notice none of them includes friends? When is her party with her friends, where they go to Starbucks and a movie without any adults? She's 17, not 7, Erika. I hope the poor girl has friends her own age.

If Erika reads here, I hope she chooses This as one of her times to respond to our doubt. Please Erika, I really do want you to prove this one wrong. 

21 minutes ago, THERetroGamerNY said:

Okay... I just now braced myself to read this woman's blog for the first time. Made sure I had a damn fine cuppa Joe by my side and was mentally prepared...

Her use of those *grin* and other such texty emotes are indeed, as you all have said, THE most jarring thing I have ever read! It like stops me dead in the middle of the paragraph, and I get this ghastly mental image of this ultra-rigid, unemotional QF mom ... like a droid with breeder functionality built in ... and it knows all the proper muscles to move to produce said smile, but has no proper programming on how to do it naturally...

This is a mildly disturbing mental image, because it reminds me of the almost bi-polar spins of personality my mother would do. She would be busy beating the living shit out of one of us, the doorbell on the house would ring from - say - the postal delivery - and she would just abruptly stop the beating, put this happy smile on her face, walk to the door like nothing happened, answer it all brisk and chipper (like it was just a "beautiful day for the Lord, isn't it?" sort of attitude), put the mail package down on the table... and then it all just melted away in 1.3 seconds when her eyes flicked back to me...

That is what this woman's blog stirred up in me ... certainly not saying that she is like that ... but ...

I don't trust people who can flick-through emotions like that. It kinda unnerves me...

Yeah, I don't even remember my original reaction to her any more, but her rigidity is, I think, why fundamentalism appeals to her so much. It's a little crazy.

Oh, and the meting-out of the jelly beans ... as if she is deeming "You may enjoy a healthy childhood, but for the span of this sugary bean".

#FreeTheJellyBeans

59 minutes ago, Hisey said:

Her siblings are her friends! *grin* Why does she need to have outside friends when she has Melanie and Anna-Marie? *chuckle*

Stupid Maxwells, spreading their idiot isolationist ideology.

It's terrifying how similar this years camping trip was to last years.  I mean down to the angles of the photographs and everything.  If Happy wasn't included in the pictures, I would have sworn it was the same trip, down to eating pizza on the church's lawn before they drove.  Compare and contrast Karen's 16th birthday (in which she has salt water taffy...) to her 17th birthday (in which she has Swedish fish...).  Of course, she'll get birthday balloons, but what exciting type of candy will she get for her 18th?!  Stay tuned!!

seventeen.jpg

seventeen1.JPG

5 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

If Erika reads here, I hope she chooses This as one of her times to respond to our doubt. Please Erika, I really do want you to prove this one wrong. 

I completely agree- my best memories from my teenage years are the times I spent with my same-age friends. I truly hope that Karen and Melanie have friends outside the home. 

I can see Erika pointing to a few church-friends that the girls see once a week as being their close friends, but I really doubt that Erika allows them to interact with other girls their age in a non-church setting. Karen and Melanie are integral to the schedule and I'm sure Erika wouldn't be able to manage the household without them. 

39 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

It's terrifying how similar this years camping trip was to last years.  I mean down to the angles of the photographs and everything.  If Happy wasn't included in the pictures, I would have sworn it was the same trip, down to eating pizza on the church's lawn before they drove.  

Holy Cow! I thought it WAS the same trip! :tw_grimace:That's eerie. 

4 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Holy Cow! I thought it WAS the same trip! :tw_grimace:That's eerie. 

Yeah, and I thought they had done something special for her! What the fuck was I thinking?

If I was Karen, I would take that big bag of Swedish fish out into the woods and eat the whole damn thing myself.  Just to spite my mother.  :my_dodgy:

So Karen has seven months until she turns eighteen. It will be interesting to see what happens then. She probably can't move out, unless it is with relatives, because she hasn't had any opportunity to save any money (that we know of), but I really, really hope she leaves the Laundry Shupe and flies high and does whatever SHE wants to do.

Maybe Bob's parents will rise to the occasion and take her in and encourage her to pursue an education, or some kind of career, and caution her not to rush into marriage.

Karen's not going to flee. It's not in the schedule. 

Similarly, I don't think anyone has to worry about Karen getting married anytime soon. Erika won't put dating/courting into the schedule, so it won't happen. :pb_lol:

"Sorry, child X-21 Alpha, but your freedom has not been penciled-in. Please return to your time-loop camping trip, and a jelly bean will be dispensed."

12 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

If I was Karen, I would take that big bag of Swedish fish out into the woods and eat the whole damn thing myself.  Just to spite my mother.  :my_dodgy:

I actually did eat a bag that size pretty much all at once once (was hardcore studying and mindlessly eating them). Trust me, you DON'T want to do that. A big ingredient in Swedish Fish is mineral oil, sooo...unless you like hours on the toilet, use moderation! :embarrassed:

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 10:35 AM, Eternalbluepearl said:

Erika holds herself up as an example of "motherhood with vitality!"   :giggle:

"Giggle??"  How about rip-roaring, rolling-on-the-floor tear-flowing laughing?? 

Just now, Granwych said:

"Giggle??"  How about rip-roaring, rolling-on-the-floor tear-flowing laughing??  

Only way Karen is allowed to court is if a VERY high profile fundie is the man.  Perhaps Jeremiah and Jedidiah Duggar should start reading Erika's blog/social media.

(Note, I don't wish marrying into the Duggar family on everyone but I'd rather be a Duggar than Shupe).

Are the Duggars good enough for Erika? I get the impression that she might think (with good reason) that she and her family are better than them.

42 minutes ago, Zola said:

Are the Duggars good enough for Erika? I get the impression that she might think (with good reason) that she and her family are better than them.

I don't know, she's taken up for the Jeubs in the face of bad publicity and I believe she commented similarly in the light of the first Josh scandal. I have no doubt that Erika thinks her family and "her way" are best, but I don't think she'd look a gift Duggar in the mouth if he came a'courtin'.

1 hour ago, Zola said:

Erika really wants her 15 minutes of fame.  Allowing one of her kids to marry into the Duggar family will accomplish that.  (Age wise Karen and Melanie line up with Joseph, Josiah, Jed, Jer, and perhaps Jason or James-- whoever is older).

Also didn't she support the family after Joshgate (not sure which one)?

36 minutes ago, withaj said:

I don't know, she's taken up for the Jeubs in the face of bad publicity and I believe she commented similarly in the light of the first Josh scandal. I have no doubt that Erika thinks her family and "her way" are best, but I don't think she'd look a gift Duggar in the mouth if he came a'courtin'.

This phrasing is priceless. Love it. Erika totally supported the Duggars. I think she'd be thrilled if Karen joined their ranks. Although I think it would be difficult for someone to go from a house where things are scheduled every second to one where children are getting up whenever and foraging for frozen fruit. 

On 23 January 2016 at 3:14 PM, princessmahina said:

Karen's not going to flee. It's not in the schedule. 

Similarly, I don't think anyone has to worry about Karen getting married anytime soon. Erika won't put dating/courting into the schedule, so it won't happen. :pb_lol:

Oh I know it's not in Erika's schedule. I was hoping it may be secretly in Karen's schedule, like this:

"August - turn 18. Must remember to call Alecia Faith Pennington for advice"

"September - Go to Nan and Pop Shupe as fast as possible"

"Forever more - have my own life!"

6 hours ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Only way Karen is allowed to court is if a VERY high profile fundie is the man.  Perhaps Jeremiah and Jedidiah Duggar should start reading Erika's blog/social media.

(Note, I don't wish marrying into the Duggar family on everyone but I'd rather be a Duggar than Shupe).

I've said it before...are there any fundie guys who know the older Shupe girls even exist?

I think Karen will absolutely flee! She looks so over it. There are new pics of them up bowling. I think she is counting down the days. 

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived