IGNORED

Erika Shupe *grim rictus* Large Families on Purpose Part 4

keen23

3 minutes ago, THERetroGamerNY said:

"Oh, I see this Wesley guy left a nice, polite reply on my post, questioning my usage of 'echo chambers', and then thanking me for sharing this article. How nice: I think I'll block him."

She deserves an award for this Pulitzer-quality line of rational thought. I mean, if you cannot even open yourself up to polite dialog...

Or she's checking this thread, saw you admit you posted it and decided to block you because you are a member here.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Anonymousguest said:

Or she's checking this thread, saw you admit you posted it and decided to block you because you are a member here.

I think you're giving her too much credit. lol

But, just in case: Erika, I actually was open to nice dialog. There was zero need to block me.

Erika doesn't dialog unless it is to agree that yes, she is fucking wonderful in all ways. 

"Rational, polite dialog that might cause me to think, debate, and discuss? Listen, mister: I'm a Fundie QF mommy: We don't do that, okay? No jelly bean for you!"

I think she is probably feeling a bit silly right now because she didn't understand the article and she is just looking more inept.  Erika will never admit, though. I wonder what she thought it said. Because I can't think of any reason she would call out FJ and GOMI with that article. 

1 hour ago, withaj said:

And then there's this gem of a comment from Erika:

"Without lapsing into an anti public school rant; to say a home schooled child does not have a firm grasp of material taught in public school is a victory for us."

Those poor sweet children.

No ABC's for the homeschool kids because that is taught to the public school kids.

No learning to count to 10, add, subtract, multiply nor divide because those are evil theories of the public school.

No reading books because you know - public school children learn to do that (maybe you'll be allowed to read ones that are bigoted enough to never be allowed in public school)

No organized sport because we all know what happens to public school kids who do physical education...

No writing essays - the bosses of the public schools made that stuff up so it must be evil.

So if her goal is for her children to not get a firm grasp on public school material is she saying she wants her children to grow up illiterate? really? I must have somehow misread what she wrote.

Dear Erika

If you read here; can you please write a *new* blog post on your goals for homeschooling. Your comments have me a tad confused. What skills do you wish your children to graduate with? Can you then please explain how you teach those skills and what materials you use in order to attempt to achieve them? I would then, when you find the time (because I am aware you must be very busy), love to read you view, backed up with source material, as to why public school is an inappropriate place for any of that learning to take place. I actually do think homeschooling has a place in education and is not an inherently bad thing, just in case you are scared that I want material to snark at, I don't.

What I really, really don't get is how religion even gets into loads of stuff. Science, I get, but math? How are calculus and trigonometry relatable to Jesus? Unless they don't bother to do higher math... but the basics? Cos even basic stuff like "How many disciples did Jesus have?" or "How long was Jesus in the desert?" are more Bible comprehension questions. English, well, that could be Bible copy but that's not much...

19 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

What I really, really don't get is how religion even gets into loads of stuff. Science, I get, but math? How are calculus and trigonometry relatable to Jesus? Unless they don't bother to do higher math... but the basics? Cos even basic stuff like "How many disciples did Jesus have?" or "How long was Jesus in the desert?" are more Bible comprehension questions. English, well, that could be Bible copy but that's not much...

Heh  You reminded me of a funny story from several years ago.  I was giving a young man a cognitive processing test (can you take information into your brain, manipulate it, draw a conclusion, and spit it back out?) and the questions was "what makes the clouds move?"  Poor kid, he's about 7, gives me to creepiest big-eyed look, and says "JESUS!!" in a loud voice like I'm either the world's largest moron, or a crazy blasphemer.  Okay kid, I'm gonna give you this one, because I have no idea if this is a comprehension/processing issue, or an indoctrination issue.  To this day, every time my husband and I ask each other a simple questions, we turn to each other and say "JESUS!"  

Yup, I'm already in my lovely hand basket, thank you!  There's plenty of room if you'd like to join me!  

@THERetroGamerNY Erika is such a dolt. Bravo to your comment. I have to say that I'm shocked she responded, but as usual her response is dripping with condescension and passive aggression. If I had a dime for every grammar and spelling error she made in just her facebook comments alone, I'd be a millionaire. 

I can't say I'm shocked she blocked you, though. Such Christ-like behavior! Erika needs to learn how to turn the other cheek. 

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

Here's a sample wisdom booklet to show you how religion can be dragged into anything and everything!

http://ati.iblp.org/ati/about/curriculum/wisdombooklets/documents/wb4sample.pdf?show=true

Disclaimer: I've never really read the whole thing because my eyes start to glaze over. YMMV.

15 minutes ago, defraudingjezebel said:

@THERetroGamerNY Erika is such a dolt. Bravo to your comment. I have to say that I'm shocked she responded, but as usual her response is dripping with condescension and passive aggression. If I had a dime for every grammar and spelling error she made in just her facebook comments alone, I'd be a millionaire. 

I can't say I'm shocked she blocked you, though. Such Christ-like behavior! Erika needs to learn how to turn the other cheek. 

Turning the other cheek was an anti-government statement. A roman soldier could smack someone across the face, and turning the other cheek was a way of defying them to hit you again as if to say "is that all you got?" Or "go ahead and hit me again, I don't care, you have no power here."  It didn't actually mean "you hurt me but it's okay, I forgive you." Jesus was a political subversive. If he was real. As for Erika blocking people ya...pretty standard behavior there. Not interested in discussion, that one. She's too busy doing motherhood with vitality. 

@Eternalbluepearl Interesting! I had always understood that verse in the non-retaliatory sense. Either way, like you said Erika is too busy tending to her whisps to foster real discussion. There are a few more dissenting responses to her initial reply- we'll have to wait and see what she does with those. 

IF I had children and IF I lived in a different area I would probably homeschool.  I have the ability and I've seen some piss poor school districts.  The draw back to doing that though, well to do it correctly, would be an ass buster.  It takes a lot of work, time, and skills.  In theory I have no issue with Erika homeschooling her children.  I pulled some of her writing into a readability site.  Her latest mom tip post came back at the 4th grade level.  4th grade folks!!  

On January 25, 2016 at 10:25 AM, usmcmom said:

I loved having an extra driver (or two) once each of my kids received his/her driver's license.  They ran grocery errands for me, picked up dinner when the whole family was running in different directions and got  themselves to sleepovers, etc. When my older one started driving, part of that privilege was helping me out by dropping his sister off and picking her up from her various activities at times.

The best day ever was the day my older son was old enough to drive himself and his younger brother to 6:00 am swim team.

1 hour ago, grandmadugger said:

IF I had children and IF I lived in a different area I would probably homeschool.  I have the ability and I've seen some piss poor school districts.  The draw back to doing that though, well to do it correctly, would be an ass buster.  It takes a lot of work, time, and skills.  In theory I have no issue with Erika homeschooling her children.  I pulled some of her writing into a readability site.  Her latest mom tip post came back at the 4th grade level.  4th grade folks!!  

Well, that answers "are you smarter than a fifth grader?" No.

32 minutes ago, 16strong said:

Well, that answers "are you smarter than a fifth grader?" No.

And she's teaching so it's not like this is a skill that she wouldn't use a lot and might forget.  She's teaching kids at the high school level and can't write at the 5th grade level.  I'm ill over this.

11 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

She wrote that she didn't want her kids to have any "astigmatisms" attached to them.

It took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out that she meant "stigmas."

24 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

And she's teaching so it's not like this is a skill that she wouldn't use a lot and might forget.  She's teaching kids at the high school level and can't write at the 5th grade level.  I'm ill over this.

So am I. I wrote a couple of quick paragraphs (as in five minutes total) for the readability test and tested as 9th grade for basic conversational text, and grade 14 when I put some effort into it. I would probably get an even higher score if I plugged in one of my college research essays. How in the world did this woman get a degree in education? Thank heavens she's not teaching entire classrooms full of kids in a public school.

I loved having an extra driver (or two) once each of my kids received his/her driver's license.  They ran grocery errands for me, picked up dinner when the whole family was running in different directions and got  themselves to sleepovers, etc. When my older one started driving, part of that privilege was helping me out by dropping his sister off and picking her up from her various activities at times.

The best day ever was the day my older son was old enough to drive himself and his younger brother to 6:00 am swim team.

It was football practice instead of swim here but I agree. My youngest is old enough to get his learners now and it actually makes me sad that he has no interest in doing so. His older brother is now 20 and isn't always available to take him to those early practices all summer so I was looking forward to B getting his license in July and driving himself the 5 miles to practice while I happily enjoyed my extra few hours of sleep.

Erika's lack of reading comprehension is hysterical, and also very sad given that she's teaching 9 kids.  I don't know whether to laugh or cry, so I'll do this :pb_confused:. She really made herself look stupid with that article, though. She posted 4 articles about 4 hours ago, and it looks like she's trying to bury it under other posts now. Much better than admitting you were wrong, Erika.  *cheer*

2 hours ago, AbandonAllHope said:

Erika's lack of reading comprehension is hysterical, and also very sad given that she's teaching 9 kids.  I don't know whether to laugh or cry, so I'll do this :pb_confused:. She really made herself look stupid with that article, though. She posted 4 articles about 4 hours ago, and it looks like she's trying to bury it under other posts now. Much better than admitting you were wrong, Erika.  *cheer*

She must not know about the hide feature.

7 hours ago, 16strong said:

So am I. I wrote a couple of quick paragraphs (as in five minutes total) for the readability test and tested as 9th grade for basic conversational text, and grade 14 when I put some effort into it. I would probably get an even higher score if I plugged in one of my college research essays. How in the world did this woman get a degree in education? Thank heavens she's not teaching entire classrooms full of kids in a public school.

How do you do it? There's an app, a website or something like that? I'm going to take an English language exam for ESL learners soon and this seems an interesting method to evaluate my writings. Wonder if I can fare better than Erika.

5 hours ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

How do you do it? There's an app, a website or something like that? I'm going to take an English language exam for ESL learners soon and this seems an interesting method to evaluate my writings. Wonder if I can fare better than Erika.

No doubt in my mind that you would! I would have to look back at your other posts, but I never would have thought you didn't have English as a native language.

To change your last sentence into Erika-ese, I'm thinking it would be "Wonder if I can fair better then Erika." And those are just obvious ones she would flake on.

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived