IGNORED

Erika Shupe *grim rictus* Large Families on Purpose Part 4

keen23

Welcome to all of Erika's readers who might have just found us because of her FB post. Guess what guys?! A lot of us here were homeschooled. We have many members who homeschool their children. . Erika is just a really, really, REALLY bad teacher. She is not helping the homeschool movement at all. 

Thank you Erika for drawing more attention to this thread so that your readers can read it and see how you are barely capable of spelling. 

Proofreading and spellcheck. Those should be your best friends Erika. 

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see her post... All I see is a dumb chili recipe. She posted it to her FB?

@THERetroGamerNY - It's on Facebook :pb_smile:

Erika

to say a home schooled child does not have a firm grasp of material taught in public school is a victory for us.

:pb_eek: Of course it is!  

"Mi kidz dont have any of that fancy book learnin *cheir* *squeze hugs to all you uther mamas out thier neglekting you're kidz eduction* "

Also, which one of you is Natalie? 

3 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Can you imagine that the next generation will be Erika's kids homeschooling their kids and soon a real education from a school will be so far removed that the great grandkids really won't know anything other than the Bible. Which I think is exactly what miss former teacher Erika wants. *vomit* I guess that's "saving" America. 

Actually, we're all familiar with Jill Rodrigues, right?  Women like her and the children she raises are supposed to "save" America, I guess.  That's what happens when it truly turns multi-generational.  Not sure how any of that makes for a sustainable lifestyle, nor how sheltering kids and keeping them from knowledge will help, but what do I know?  I'm just another secular beast.  :ferret: (Let's pretend our ferret is a mongoose -- that's the kind of secular beast I'd be.)

ETA: Love Natalie's comment on the page, including the correct spelling of styrofoam.  

ETA2: Having finally read the article, I think Erika posted it because her reading comprehension skills are pretty low.  There's an interesting discussion of homeschooling there, and a fair amount of well-warranted criticism.  I suspect she had issues understanding that. 

Oh my goodness- Natalie is killing it in the comments of that post. I know you're a poster here....

Your comment was just pure brilliance. :clap: I'm sure Erika won't respond to the subsequent comments but I know she'll see it. 

She's added a disclaimer to her comment at the top saying that you have to scroll past the ads.

At the end of the article it does say that the majority of Christians are Bible-illiterate or whatever. THAT'S the main worry. Which matches my original comment. Who cares if you get to Harvard? If you ain't a believer you're screwed.

I gave her a reply. I know FJers might regard me as being sickeningly-polite to her, my apologies: I need to work on my snark. =P

I know proponents of SOTDRT like to talk about how their style of education is going to be producing these successful adults who are great leaders and will take the future by storm and all, but...where are they? At this point, people have been trying ATI and similar programs long enough for the children raised on them to become adults, and I don't see them having any great effect on the world.

I'm trying to think of relatively successful young adults among the fundies we discuss and it's really difficult. Possibly John Webster and his siblings? I don't know much about them, but they seem to be gainfully employed (even if it is through nepotism) and may even have some future in politics? Nathan and Christopher Maxwell? I mean, I still have no idea what exactly they do for a living, but they seem to be able to support larger than average families on it, whatever it is.

Then you look at the flipside...all the Elizabeth Botkins and Sarah Maxwells of the fundie world. Sitting at home, waiting for Prince Charming, taking care of daddy and watching their brothers have adventures. Whichever of the Pearls' kids couldn't afford heat or running water for his family, and they lived in a shack somewhere. Josh fucking Duggar, possibly the most prominent example of a child educated by the SOTDRT; even by fundie standards, which seem to include academic under-performance but SUPER godliness, he fails hardcore.

Even the most successful fundie homeschoolers don't SOAR above the GED or anything else, they barely meet a minimum standard for successful adulthood. And that's nothing to crow about, Erika.

38 minutes ago, THERetroGamerNY said:

I gave her a reply. I know FJers might regard me as being sickeningly-polite to her, my apologies: I need to work on my snark. =P

Politeness is awesome! Kindness too. :)

So just a thought... isn't it odd how evil and wrong Erika finds teachers and schools to be when she was a teacher? I think She would agree that she had her students best interests at heart, worked hard, and tried her best. Why would she believe differently of other teachers? 

I guess I am missing something. What was the point of that article exactly? It was overall very negative toward homeschooling. Why would she chose that particular article to address to FJ and GOMI?

@slickcat79Wait... you mean to tell me that abruptly yanking me out of public school, buying the first homeschool curriculum mentioned, and having us all silently study in our isolated farm house - this wasn't a superb education my mother bestowed upon us?!

Erika is especially dumb because the article is saying that academic standards for homeschooling need to be raised and that people should stop acting like homeschoolers are going to "save" America because a good many know nothing about the Bible and Christians should trust in God to save America anyway. 

Her reading comprehension skills are on par with Lori's. 

9 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Politeness is awesome! Kindness too. :)

So just a thought... isn't it odd how evil and wrong Erika finds teachers and schools to be when she was a teacher? I think She would agree that she had her students best interests at heart, worked hard, and tried her best. Why would she believe differently of other teachers? 

Given what appears to be Erika's poorly concealed need for control and order, what was teaching really like for her?  She might say that she had their best interests at heart, worked hard, and tried her best, but what else was she doing?  Silently judging and perhaps allowing some less than Christian feelings enter her heart?  

Teaching is HARD and I've known a number of teachers who do seem to harbor some serious misgivings about their students. Certainly not all, but I once worked in a very low income, inner city school.  Most of the teachers were great, but a few were horrid.  What if she had a student whose mother birthed her at 15, and the mother then worked at Hooters to support the child?*  What if she had students coming from a multitude of different backgrounds with different expectations?  Her own children seem to frequently bother her. Remember those comments from her pregnancy with the twins, about needing to "train" all the other kids again in her postpartum period?  Erika in a room with 25-30 kids for 6-7 hours a day -- kinda scary to consider.

*My ex was in the military and was deployed.  Before deployment, he was shipped up to Tacoma for training; my daughter and I followed along because at the time, we could.  I rented a room from a woman who had had that exact experience (her own mother was addicted to drugs, probably influencing the pregnancy at age 15), except that she later became a real estate agent and bought her own home.  So even though she'd "sinned" and not only that, never married the father, she was still successful and her kid was wonderful.   That seems like something that would make Erika's head explode.

18 minutes ago, Anonymousguest said:

I guess I am missing something. What was the point of that article exactly? It was overall very negative toward homeschooling. Why would she chose that particular article to address to FJ and GOMI?

No one really knows. That's our Erika. :pb_lol:

3 minutes ago, klynn said:

She deleted several comments...Natalie's, and Wesley's.  Unless they deleted them. But I bet it was good ol Erika the control freak.

Yup! My nice, polite post was deleted. And I even thanked her for sharing the article...

2 minutes ago, klynn said:

She deleted several comments...Natalie's, and Wesley's.  Unless they deleted them. But I bet it was good ol Erika the control freak.

That was quick, although it's quite funny that she still has a response to Natalie up on the page.  Ah, Erika, paragon of maturity and master of deep, calm, thorough discussions.  

And then there's this gem of a comment from Erika:

"Without lapsing into an anti public school rant; to say a home schooled child does not have a firm grasp of material taught in public school is a victory for us."

Those poor sweet children.

6 minutes ago, amandaaries said:

That was quick, although it's quite funny that she still has a response to Natalie up on the page.  Ah, Erika, paragon of maturity and master of deep, calm, thorough discussions.  

I was banned. No surprise there. I've gotten into a few ruffles with her. 

1 minute ago, THERetroGamerNY said:

I think she blocked me. I have no option for leaving a reply anymore. lol

I was afraid that would happen if I commented.  She is the picture perfect definition of a crazy control freak.  

If your comments don't praise her amazing abilities and essentially kiss her wispy ass, they're gone.  I hope all those kids run as soon as they're legally able to.  What a miserable, shitty life.  Older teens being treated as small children...I'd have long ago been sent to re-indoctrination camp.

Just now, klynn said:

If your comments don't praise her amazing abilities and essentially kiss her wispy ass, they're gone.  I hope all those kids run as soon as they're legally able to.  What a miserable, shitty life.  Older teens being treated as small children...I'd have long ago been sent to re-indoctrination camp.

I'm sorry.

I think you meant "whispy."

*snort*

"Oh, I see this Wesley guy left a nice, polite reply on my post, questioning my usage of 'echo chambers', and then thanking me for sharing this article. How nice: I think I'll block him."

She deserves an award for this Pulitzer-quality line of rational thought. I mean, if you cannot even open yourself up to polite dialog...

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived