emesbe

Are any of the daughters getting that choice, now that they've been imbibing the kool-aide? I haven't read the blog in any depth yet.

The daughters do help out in the family business, yes.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve will never let Sarah marry. As we have said here before, she is too old to give him many grandchildren (they would really belong to her father in law anyway) and she is too valuable to the family business. Her bio on their new site no longer mentions her desire to get married.

Steve is marrying off the sons younger because their offspring "count" toward his own personal army. Interesting comment on the blog that the proceeds from their scheduling software go towards the purchase of Joseph's house. This leads me to believe that while he may not have a mortgage, he may have borrowed from Steve. How is that debt free?

Oh, I know that -- I meant are they going to get to choose a future, get an education, etc. Or will they be expected to be SAHDs, work only for Mom and Dad, then marry?

Elizabeth's family really know how to celebrate birthdays! Wonder how that is going to fit in with the Maxwells?

Could they have had a Noah and Darthy style 'courtship', since the families have apparently know each other for a while?

Steve will never let Sarah marry. As we have said here before, she is too old to give him many grandchildren (they would really belong to her father in law anyway) and she is too valuable to the family business. Her bio on their new site no longer mentions her desire to get married.

Steve is marrying off the sons younger because their offspring "count" toward his own personal army. Interesting comment on the blog that the proceeds from their scheduling software go towards the purchase of Joseph's house. This leads me to believe that while he may not have a mortgage, he may have borrowed from Steve. How is that debt free?

Maybe Joseph paid for the house, but needs help with building supplies and equipment since he has pretty much gutted the place.

I was just thinking if Elizabeth worked at doggydoo, she probably bathed animals... she probably touched a dogs genitals. :shock: I hope Steve is aware of this.

Frankly this is just another fundy wedding I don't want to see happen. I'm really not a fan of the hymen sales or the parties that celebrate the sales, but this family did celebrate each other. Without a courtship she is clueless as to what she's getting into.

Run Elizabeth run, draining dogs anal glands for a living is a far sight better and perhaps slightly more fun than living with the Maxwell clan.

Reading through the Munck blog and they really seem to love their kids. They are way fundy but, they do Disneyland, Christmas trees etc, all the stuff the others have noticed. I am just wondering if Elizabeth will come to resent her parents for giving her away to the joyless Maxwell existence. So so so sad.

This is just proof that fundies are more accepting for their sons to get married than daughters. Clearly, Steve is just not ready to give another guy the authority over one of his daughters . He's a selfish ass and I hope one day Sarah will find true love who will take her away from Steve's controlling ways.

With that being said, this engagement doesn't surprise me one bit. They've been dropping hints, especially with the remodeling, and it was just a matter of time before one of his son's announces an engagement. At this rate, none of the girls will get engaged because God Steve will think the timing isn't right. Ass.

Reading through the Munck blog and they really seem to love their kids. They are way fundy but, they do Disneyland, Christmas trees etc, all the stuff the others have noticed. I am just wondering if Elizabeth will come to resent her parents for giving her away to the joyless Maxwell existence. So so so sad.

Steve can let his boys marry girls from less strict families because the girls will be under Maxwell control and bound to obey their headships. They have to adapt to being Maxwells. He will have a harder time finding husbands for his daughters, if he ever really tries, because he can't stand the idea that they may end up with a husband who watches the occasional movie and wants a Christmas tree. The girls would just have to shut up and go along with it as they can't question their headship. Girls are so f***ed in this CULTure.

muncksquiver.blogspot.com/2009/02/why-so-many.html

Did anyone else see their story on finding out one of their sons was going to have Down Syndrome?

It was a Friday night when we received the call from Dr. Adair to tell us about their findings, yet in our hearts we already knew. He had Arthur and I both on the phone and he ask us this question "do you want to terminate this pregnancy"? Arthur and I neither one had to think and both answered "NO" right away. His next words were "Good, I have to tell everyone this" he went on to say "if you did choose to terminate what a wonderful blessing you would be missing out on".

I call BS. Or this doctor needs some serious reprimanding. No mention at all about finding support groups or looking into therapy, just how great a kid with Down Syndrome is. Such a sweet precious blessing. Blargh. Why isn't there a headdesk smiley?

I agree. This family knows how to have fun. Elizabeth has been on several mission trips to Nicaragua and even to Turkey.

Wow, Elizabeth was bit by a black widow spider when she was 16 and had to be hospitalized.

I hope she can have an influence on Joseph to live more like her family.

Arthur has been several times on business with Petco,

Ah so Arthur has a real job too. And that ebil mother works outside the home.

Steve can let his boys marry girls from less strict families because the girls will be under Maxwell control and bound to obey their headships. They have to adapt to being Maxwells. He will have a harder time finding husbands for his daughters, if he ever really tries, because he can't stand the idea that they may end up with a husband who watches the occasional movie and wants a Christmas tree. The girls would just have to shut up and go along with it as they can't question their headship. Girls are so f***ed in this CULTure.

I agree to a certain extent. Before NR-Anna, Christopher was in a courtship with another fundie girl who seemed pretty "liberal" in the Maxwells eyes. The courtship failed and in comes Anna Marie who dresses and acts exactly like the Maxwells. Then again, I don't know how NR-Anna was before marrying into this cult family. Hopefully this new girl won't turn drink the kool aid but considering she's engaged, it's probably too late. One can hope that Joseph leaves the cult but who knows if that'll ever happen.

I was just thinking if Elizabeth worked at doggydoo, she probably bathed animals... she probably touched a dogs genitals. :shock: I hope Steve is aware of this.

I'm sure only the bitches.

Elizabeth's mother had a downright defrauding wedding gown! I suspect Elizabeth's will be less defrauding.

I read the doctor story regarding the DS baby and called BS as well. Of course, this is when they went full-tilt on the fundie-meter. Interesting it was a story of a doctor who went beyond professional boundaries that pushed them over the edge. Sound familiar? *cough* Duggars *cough*

They obviously were still fundie lite at the time because she actually had the amnio and didn't "trust God" to just give her what God ordained she should have. I also read that she had what sounded like a 2nd trimester miscarriage 4 years ago, so there could even be one more blessing in that bunch.

I can't get a read on her age, other than graduating from the doggy grooming school a year before Elizabeth was born. I couldn't find any info on how long they've been married or get a read on her age, other than with her education, she can't be under 40, unless she was a vet tech when she was 18 (uh, no). Just trying to figure out how many arrows she might have left in her quiver.

"I am NOT a Feminist" was hilarious. She loves Sistah Sarah because she kept her Down's baby (guess she didn't hear the airplane story), not because she was a woman. As for the writing, it's on par with an 8th grader with the usual fundie grammatical errors, nouns transformed into verbs, etc.

eta: link to the wedding pics, I can't find them, but I DID find a kid fooling around with a SANTA beard and this was after they went fundie! Even now, what with the taking away of some extra-curriculars, they're positively LIBERAL compared to the Maxwells.

I'll join the chorus: RUN, Elizabeth! Run away as if your life depends on it (it does).

I like that the Mother says she likes her younger girls spunk. Can't imagine Teri ever saying that :(

Mom wore capris and slacks in some older photo's and mentions one of the daughters has a charm bracelet :o

...and the oldest three girls have their ears pierced, oh nos!

heart broken :violin:

Rebecca K. says:

June 28, 2012 at 2:37 pm

WHAT??????!!!!!!!!! Wow! I had no idea! Great picture! What can I say? She’s a beautiful young lady! I didn’t expect this, I mean this soon! God bless you both! Can’t wait to see and hear more! Your lives are so full of adventures, especially the past year!

God bless! Rebecca K.

I hope they're not starting the slide into nutso-fundie hood. They seem so "normal" now.

I like that the Mother says she likes her younger girls spunk. Can't imagine Teri ever saying that :(

*nods* I liked that she praised the 2-year-old for wanting to make her own bed, rather than chiding her for not making it perfectly. She seems to have somewhat more age-appropriate expectations than some fundie parents out there.

Was just reading the Munck family blog and there is a whole post for the parents' anniversary where the mom refers to her "wedding vowels" (not vows) numerous times. Oh good lord.

Was just reading the Munck family blog and there is a whole post for the parents' anniversary where the mom refers to her "wedding vowels" (not vows) numerous times. Oh good lord.

Yeah. Based on her writing, she is either, um, not that bright, or she has a learning disability.

I thought I'd seen Elizabeth on a blog at some point! I read some of the Munck blog a while back. Not sure how I found it in the first place. The family does seem more normal than the Maxwells, but that's not saying anything.

Archived