emesbe

As newcomers to the cult I'm sure that the bride's family think she is marrying up into fundy royalty. I cannot wait for this hymen sale transfer of authority. I doope it's streamed live.

Hymen sale, indeed. :lol:

And to think she was still wearing evil jeans only 4 years ago in the driver's license photo. She's got a long road ahead of her. I can't wait to see her in her first custom frumper.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And to think she was still wearing evil jeans only 4 years ago in the driver's license photo. She's got a long road ahead of her. I can't wait to see her in her first custom frumper.

(doope=hope corrected in the original post)

Goddess forbid she spills kool aid on that first custom frumper.

The poor girl was wearing jeans and a hoodie a mere four years ago when she got her license. Now she's going to be assimilated.

Just wait until she and Ma Maxwell are dressed in matching frumpers.

Just wait until she and Ma Maxwell are dressed in matching frumpers.

Just wait until Ma Maxwell is reading the bible next to her while she is about to spew a kid! :ugeek:

Just wait until Ma Maxwell is reading the bible next to her while she is about to spew a kid! :ugeek:

Or the joy of ringing in the New Year with the Maxhells! She has SO much to look forward to!

I wonder if Sarah has had any courtship proposals that she herself has rejected. I much prefer to blame Steve, but what if she's so used to her familiar life at home that she's afraid to move out? :think: I'm so hoping that isn't the case, because then I'd feel even worse for her. It reminds me of the old man in Shawshank Redemption.

I kind of like to think of it along these lines, but only because it actually makes me feel better about Sarah. If she is rejecting proposals, I don't have to assume she's miserable "waiting for her life to start". Lots of women in the 19th century were "happily spinsters", which I recognize has loads of problems regarding patriarchal control, experience, etc. and I don't want to seem like I'm brushing that off, but if Sarah views her own life this way, she herself might be incapable of recognizing that she has a way out outside of marriage, and if she is making those choices herself (in a totally messed up sense), then maybe she is ok with her situation.

What I'm trying to say is that I almost hope that Sarah is just happy and not totally aware of how awesome her shit could be if she fled, because since I don't think she'll ever flee the nest on her own, I don't like to think about her stewing at the compound for the rest of her life.

My point is difficult to make without sounding condescending or misinformed, but I really just hope she's happy enough with staying at home.

From the birthday post:

The birthday tree...was decorated in flowers with a butterfly as the topper. From the time Elizabeth was very young she enjoyed the beauty of butterflies. She would often tell people her favorite animal was a butterfly. We would correct her that a butterfly wasn't an animal, it was so cute! Butterflies remain her favorite animal ;)

:shock:

Ultimately, the whole situation is just sad. A girl with no choices and family pressure and a boy with the same. Whatever the differences, in the end two kids will spend the next however many years trying to measure up, do the right thing, follow the right rules and play the right games. They'll bring more people into the cult and do what is expected, regardless of what either may ever think or feel. In five years, their lives will be over. They already are, they just don't know it yet. Everything has already been planned and chosen for them. Now all they have to do is toe the line. No hopes, no dreams. Just making babies, making money and cleaning the house. All between bible study and praying, of course.

Ultimately, the whole situation is just sad. A girl with no choices and family pressure and a boy with the same. Whatever the differences, in the end two kids will spend the next however many years trying to measure up, do the right thing, follow the right rules and play the right games. They'll bring more people into the cult and do what is expected, regardless of what either may ever think or feel. In five years, their lives will be over. They already are, they just don't know it yet. Everything has already been planned and chosen for them. Now all they have to do is toe the line. No hopes, no dreams. Just making babies, making money and cleaning the house. All between bible study and praying, of course.

Fundiefan I love your view of the world. I can always rely on you to bring me back to earth when I'm feeling happy about something fundie related.

I am actually quite concerned about my view of the world. I think too much fundie watching has made me cynical. At least as far as fundies go. In the real world, I choose to see the best and not take the 'all or nothing' approach. But, in fundie land, it's not possible.

I am actually quite concerned about my view of the world. I think too much fundie watching has made me cynical. At least as far as fundies go. In the real world, I choose to see the best and not take the 'all or nothing' approach. But, in fundie land, it's not possible.

I spend a lot of time looking at cute cat pics to make up for the fundies :D

I spend a lot of time looking at cute cat pics to make up for the fundies :D

:lol:

I remember a few years ago Stevie/the Family found an unfortunate squirrel that had only 3 legs. Instead of being kind to it like they had with a 4-legged squirrel they nursed until it was old enough to be released, they took this 3-legged one directly to an animal "shelter" where you KNOW it was immediately euthanized. I was pretty pissed about that. There was a comment made on their blog about caring for the sick and wounded and Stevie commented back some asshole thing about God's will that the squirrel was born broken and some such nonsense and that it was their obligation to take it somewhere where it would be killed humanely. Um, what a fucking asshole.

If they had released back into the wild if would have died a pretty horrible death one way or another and keep a wild animal as pet is not right, IMO.

I can't believe them living a mile away seems far!! Exactly how close do the other 2 boys live? I would think a mile is plenty close enough to be under the in-laws thumb. I would go nuts!! And because it can't be said enough, poor Sarah!

:lol:

I remember a few years ago Stevie/the Family found an unfortunate squirrel that had only 3 legs. Instead of being kind to it like they had with a 4-legged squirrel they nursed until it was old enough to be released, they took this 3-legged one directly to an animal "shelter" where you KNOW it was immediately euthanized. I was pretty pissed about that. There was a comment made on their blog about caring for the sick and wounded and Stevie commented back some asshole thing about God's will that the squirrel was born broken and some such nonsense and that it was their obligation to take it somewhere where it would be killed humanely. Um, what a fucking asshole.

Out of the nine juvenile jays currently inhabiting my garden, two are missing legs. If I followed the Maxwell theory I could just snag them when they were eating their bacon and take them off to be euthanized. Nah, I'm gonna trust the universe and Charles Darwin on this. It's not my job to force these creatures karma into another quick trip around the wheel.

Fuck you Steve. Once they mature I'm gonna pick the sexiest wanton female and name her Sarah.

I can't believe them living a mile away seems far!! Exactly how close do the other 2 boys live?

On the same street. Is one of them right next door, and the other across the street and a house or two down?

If they had released back into the wild if would have died a pretty horrible death one way or another and keep a wild animal as pet is not right, IMO.

But I think since they'd raised a 4-legged squirrel until it was healthy enough to release, and since they found this unfortunate animal with only 3 legs, maybe, just MAYBE, they could have just had mercy on it and helped it have a good life. They literally found it, nursed it a bit, and then 2 days later took it to the animal "shelter". It really wouldn't have been hard for them to just give it a good life for longer than 2 days. But Steve chose to make it "God's will" that told him to dispose of it by taking it to an animal shelter that kills the disabled.

I knew of an animal who had no genitalia and had chewed it self a pee hole.But of course that animal should not have been put to sleep in your view. Nice. :roll:

I kind of like to think of it along these lines, but only because it actually makes me feel better about Sarah. If she is rejecting proposals, I don't have to assume she's miserable "waiting for her life to start". Lots of women in the 19th century were "happily spinsters", which I recognize has loads of problems regarding patriarchal control, experience, etc. and I don't want to seem like I'm brushing that off, but if Sarah views her own life this way, she herself might be incapable of recognizing that she has a way out outside of marriage, and if she is making those choices herself (in a totally messed up sense), then maybe she is ok with her situation.

What I'm trying to say is that I almost hope that Sarah is just happy and not totally aware of how awesome her shit could be if she fled, because since I don't think she'll ever flee the nest on her own, I don't like to think about her stewing at the compound for the rest of her life.

My point is difficult to make without sounding condescending or misinformed, but I really just hope she's happy enough with staying at home.

I'd like to think it is her choice NOT to marry, but look at her eyes. They are so sad. She is a woman who was raised that the only acceptable "career" for a woman is marriage and having children.

Elizabeth looks like she has lost some weight since her birthday celebration. My money is betting that they've been courting at least since then.

Maybe NR Anna can sew Elizabeth's wedding dress?

I'd like to think it is her choice NOT to marry, but look at her eyes. They are so sad. She is a woman who was raised that the only acceptable "career" for a woman is marriage and having children.

I can't help but read all the now-scrubbed lines on the blog about how Sarah would love a husband "if the Lord wills it" (or whatever), plus all her posts about how happy she really is, as an indication that she's an incredibly sad, lonely woman trying to tell herself that she's really perfectly happy and content with her lot in life.

Besides, even less hardcore versions of fundamentalism than the Maxwells' brand leave absolutely no room for unmarried women to have happy, independent, no-one's-feeling-sorry-for-you lives.

n/m

When someone figures out where the influx of crazies are coming from, do let me know

I think we get then when there are no Friday Night Fundies.

Archived