emesbe

elizabeth is beautiful!

i cannot fathom how they got in with the maxwells. They seem to enjoy their lives, and actually like their children.

Oy...okay, so i'm compiling comments in notepad as i read, and I've now come to momma munck's I'M NOT A FEMINIST post. She likes Palin because she "decided to keep her son with DS"? wtfuckery is that? Because no feminist would EVER! (and the the first comment, the commenter apologizes for calling her a feminist. as if she called her something terrible...)

Poor Rebeccaleventy. she's clearly confounded that she didn't get a personal call before having to read this on the blog like the rest of us!!!11!! I really feel kind of sad for her, because she wants it so badly, but also overjoyed because there's no way she needs to get anywhere near a maxwell. Nobody does, but especially not Rebeccaleventy, who is pliable enough to get eaten alive at Maxhell. At least Melanie (and hopefully Elizabeth) have a bit of a spine. I can't figure NR-Anna out...she doesn't seem "uppity", but she also seems fairly happy. I imagine she's just one of those gentle souls who truly wanted a quiet life at home? Like, not a joyless Maxwell, but quietly content? I think Rebeccaleventy, on the other hand, would be under constant anxiety to Live Up To Expectations, and always find herself falling short (even though she's perfectly fine just the way she is, I imagine her to be an exhaustive pleaser,and she needs to end up with somebody who affirms her instead of requiring her to constantly meet unmeetable expectations.)

(EFR)

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure Rebeccaeleventy is just crushed right now. I hope one day soon she will realize that being ignored by this family is the best thing that happened to her.

I just checked out her family blog. They went swimming! Had fun! The small daughter made her bed, claimed it was perfectly made when it wasn't and the mom thought that was cute!

Have they read the Maxwell blog? Do they know they are marrying their daughter off into crazy town?

The Maxwells really bring to life the term "Christ on a Cracker", don't they?

Poor Elizabeth. Her wedding cake will probably be an animal cracker on top of a saltine.

I was going to suggest that Rebeccaleventy make their wedding cake, but it might have colors on it or something. At least animal crackers and saltines are both neutrals.

Oh my God, I looked at Elizabeth's birthday post... such a (relatively) normal, happy birthday! Decorations! Yummy foods! Parents who actually remember things such as her favorite animal and color! Presents!

This girl is in for a rude awakening, and it really makes me sad.

It was mentioned that one of the girls favorite music is Christian Contemporary. Isn't that a big no no in Steve's world?

Oy, one of the reversal kids getting married before Sarah, she must be besides herself. That being said:

Dear Sarah

I have a second bedroom in my apartment I don't use, except for when company comes. There isn't much in there, a sofa-bed, bookshelf, a secretary and a TV. I was going to turn it into a spare bedroom/office, but forget it, it is yours. Time for you to have your own life. When you can get here, you can take some time to chill till you figure out what it is you want to do. I make enough money to pay the bills till you find your way (and get a good lawyer to make sure you are paid your due for the Moody books). I think you would have a fine time of it. I'm only three years older than you and could show you the ropes. My apartment faces a beautiful river with a lovely walking path. It is right on a bus line that could take you to the community college if you wanted to take some classes. I have a cat who is a little high strung, but quite loving. Take some time to consider it, by now you know your father will never let you go, so time to free yourself.

twin2

Twin2, please post this on the Titus2 comments. :romance-hearteyes:

If you go back to the very first posts on the blog there is a series profiling each child (that they had then):

Elizabeth b. March 5, 1992 muncksquiver.blogspot.ca/2008/02/elizabeth-oldest.html

Amanda b. Aug. 19, 1993 muncksquiver.blogspot.ca/2008/02/amandaour-second-child.html

Rebekah b. Feb 11, 1995 muncksquiver.blogspot.ca/2008/02/rebekahour-third-child.html

Madison b. Feb 13, 1997 muncksquiver.blogspot.ca/2008/02/madison-haroldour-fourth-child.html

Jonathan b. Oct. 9, 1999 muncksquiver.blogspot.ca/2008/02/jonathan-michaelour-fifth-child.html

James Nov. 13, b. 2000 muncksquiver.blogspot.ca/2008/02/jamesour-sixth-child.html

Stephen b. Oct. 16, 2002 muncksquiver.blogspot.ca/2008/03/stephenour-seventh-child.html

William b. Sept. 8, 2004 muncksquiver.blogspot.ca/2008/03/williamour-eigth-child.html

Wesley b. March 7, 2007

Ruth Ella b. Sept. 9, 2009

Mary Ann b. May 8, 2011

Such a weird disconnect between parents who seem to appreciate their kids as individuals and are proud of all their accomplishments versus parents who are ok with a marriage to the soul-crushing Maxwells. :(

She'll be boiling the bunnies as I type. Rebecca, you've had a lucky escape. Be thankful.

Oh, yes. She's definitely boiling bunnies. This was the boy she had her (deep, sunken) eyes on. John is out of her league, so I'm sure she thought Joseph was a possibility. Poor Rebecca.

Not a lot of data, but they have a Ruth Ella and a Mary Ann (though none of the other children have double first names), and YLCF/LPH Gretchen has a Ruth Ann and a Mary Kate who are, I think, a bit older, but not much. Are these noticeably common fundie names/trends over the last few years?

Pierced ears rule her out. They are as offensive as full facial tattoos to the Maxwells.

:greetings-clapyellow: :greetings-clapyellow:

Do you think possibly Stevey is getting more comments through about the "children's" marriages then we realize?

We have discussed this before, seems to be a drop in sales, hardly any conferences booked, and we have discussed how the Maxwells giving advice on "Unlocking your future" and "Successful Courtship for you children" is looking worse and worse with all their children hitting 30 and still living at home. Do you think that Steve has received emails (not just from us) but from other people suggesting that he can't talk about having successful children consdering at this point less than 3 years ago only one had left the home? And therefore, to make his way of life look like "the absolute correct Godly way" and, more importantly, profitable, he's marrying off his children faster? He I'm sure has probably realised Sarahs too old (in fundy land) so he's just ploughing through the younger ones?

Do you think possibly Stevey is getting more comments through about the "children's" marriages then we realize?

We have discussed this before, seems to be a drop in sales, hardly any conferences booked, and we have discussed how the Maxwells giving advice on "Unlocking your future" and "Successful Courtship for you children" is looking worse and worse with all their children hitting 30 and still living at home. Do you think that Steve has received emails (not just from us) but from other people suggesting that he can't talk about having successful children consdering at this point less than 3 years ago only one had left the home? And therefore, to make his way of life look like "the absolute correct Godly way" and, more importantly, profitable, he's marrying off his children faster? He I'm sure has probably realised Sarahs too old (in fundy land) so he's just ploughing through the younger ones?

I think people have questioned or left comments to Steve regarding the lack of courtships with Sarah and the reversal kids. Some of the Maxwell fans might have realized at some point that the Maxwells were starting to look bad with Sarah hitting 30 and still living at home. Joseph and the reversal kids are 23 and under. It isn't really bad that they are living at home, but in fundie land it does look bad when only 2 of 7 adult(over 18) children are married. Like you mentioned business hasn't been good for the Maxwells and people might have been calling Steve out on the lack of courtships. Or maybe Steve-O realized that another courtship might drum up business for 2013.

I think we will see a courtship for John sometime within the next 2-3 years. My prediction is that Mary and Anna will be married off and Sarah won't. I feel bad for Sarah but I do see a fundie courtship ever happening for her. My wish is that she would escape, but I think she would fear escaping because she knows she would have a tough time in the real world.

So annoying be on the other side of the world. An engagement is announced, there is a discussion of who she is and a discovery of her blog before I even wake up. Oh well.

Sympathy to Sarah. I have a really nice brother who might interest her; 31, very handsome, own house, good job and best of all, half a world away from Steve.

I'd love to live in Australia... but I'm a little older than Sarah. :(

I think I have a Way Out for Poor Sarah. Seriously. Should I post it here? Stevie reads it, and it's all over:

Or maybe not, so I'm going to present it here. Possibly - hopefully! he will read it and put the plan into motion, his fans won't know because none of them comes here, and PS will be living a semblance of her own life, whether or not it ever involves marriage or romance.

Aunt Toni.

She appears to be Teri's sister and cuts her blonde (naturally or not?) hair to chin-length, dresses conservatively but certainly not in frumpers, and doesn't live in Leavenworth. She posts on Titus2 in a very cheerful and supportive manner as a loving relative (not family member). Steve, the story could be that Aunt Toni needs help, not just help but help from a God-fearin', father-obeyin', sweet-spirited older niece and Poor Sarah is dispatched to Casa Aunt Toni to lend some righteous aid.

Steve, it has roots in old-school Christian pastoral families - Jane Austen and her sister went for months-long visits to brothers and friends home while their headship daddy was still very much alive. They ministered to their relatives who haven't had the great bounteous benefit of living with a truly Godlike way of life.

Steve you can cast Aunt Toni as a convert to your way of life who needs her own sample of Titus 2 Mentoring Woman even if the T2MW this time happens to be younger. It happens. Look how Nathan was out-earning you when he was teaching older Army officers about computers.

The benefits to your family and business are that you show Sarah being lovingly sheltered by Aunt Toni with your full permission since it was your idea, and your readers and fans say, "Wow, now there's a Good Thing for Sarah to do, remain a keeper at home, but in a very controlled, monitored situation where STeve has control over her, just in a mission field that isn't a mission field with scary people. The mission field is Aunt Toni's home.

There's another benefit. You can say that Aunt Toni sees the light ever more while Sarah is there and Sara can write a Moodys about witnessing to the unsaved while all under Dad Moody's hand.

Steve: Think about it. This is your first baby girl, the one you looked at with tears of joy 30 years ago. She's looked up to you, given up the temptations of this world willingly, brought in a decent amount of revenue from Moodys, blogposts, etc., and look at her eyes. Steve, she's sad. she's not a madonna fortified for a life of perpetual sainthood, she's a woman who's getting older and withering after 30 years of the. same. days. and. the. same. nights. While she's away, you can turn your mind to finding older godly widowers or shy godly men in their 30s who just haven't found the right woman. Or maybe she'll never marry, but for the sake of Jesus who was gentle with children, let her try life outside the bus and Santa Fe Avenue ... please! Think about it.

I'd love to live in Australia... but I'm a little older than Sarah. :(

Maybe it's because I watched the Escape from Jonestown documentary last weekend, but I have visions of Steve Maxwell going all Jim Jones on us if one of "his children" tried to hop a plane and flee the compound. :(

I think I have a Way Out for Poor Sarah. Seriously. Should I post it here? Stevie reads it, and it's all over:

Or maybe not, so I'm going to present it here. Possibly - hopefully! he will read it and put the plan into motion, his fans won't know because none of them comes here, and PS will be living a semblance of her own life, whether or not it ever involves marriage or romance.

Aunt Toni.

She appears to be Teri's sister and cuts her blonde (naturally or not?) hair to chin-length, dresses conservatively but certainly not in frumpers, and doesn't live in Leavenworth. She posts on Titus2 in a very cheerful and supportive manner as a loving relative (not family member). Steve, the story could be that Aunt Toni needs help, not just help but help from a God-fearin', father-obeyin', sweet-spirited older niece and Poor Sarah is dispatched to Casa Aunt Toni to lend some righteous aid.

Steve, it has roots in old-school Christian pastoral families - Jane Austen and her sister went for months-long visits to brothers and friends home while their headship daddy was still very much alive. They ministered to their relatives who haven't had the great bounteous benefit of living with a truly Godlike way of life.

Steve you can cast Aunt Toni as a convert to your way of life who needs her own sample of Titus 2 Mentoring Woman even if the T2MW this time happens to be younger. It happens. Look how Nathan was out-earning you when he was teaching older Army officers about computers.

The benefits to your family and business are that you show Sarah being lovingly sheltered by Aunt Toni with your full permission since it was your idea, and your readers and fans say, "Wow, now there's a Good Thing for Sarah to do, remain a keeper at home, but in a very controlled, monitored situation where STeve has control over her, just in a mission field that isn't a mission field with scary people. The mission field is Aunt Toni's home.

There's another benefit. You can say that Aunt Toni sees the light ever more while Sarah is there and Sara can write a Moodys about witnessing to the unsaved while all under Dad Moody's hand.

Steve: Think about it. This is your first baby girl, the one you looked at with tears of joy 30 years ago. She's looked up to you, given up the temptations of this world willingly, brought in a decent amount of revenue from Moodys, blogposts, etc., and look at her eyes. Steve, she's sad. she's not a madonna fortified for a life of perpetual sainthood, she's a woman who's getting older and withering after 30 years of the. same. days. and. the. same. nights. While she's away, you can turn your mind to finding older godly widowers or shy godly men in their 30s who just haven't found the right woman. Or maybe she'll never marry, but for the sake of Jesus who was gentle with children, let her try life outside the bus and Santa Fe Avenue ... please! Think about it.

Well-said, Phyllis! (Although it's Aunt Tami, not Toni).

I think that's such a good solution for PS. And I like how you appeal to his soft side. Certainly the day she was born as his first daughter he wanted the best for her always. And he's become so over-controlling that she is clearly not getting the best out of her life. Her posts about not minding being married are so transparent -- that girl is NOT happy.

I think it's great Joseph has found a woman who wears her skirts a little too high and might even bring a Christmas tree into their home (being a mile from the compound and all). She's pretty, she knows what fun is, she has worn a bathing suit and been in a pool at least once in her life, etc. Although Joseph doesn't seem like the straying type, hopefully his life will pick up some excitement as he moves out and starts a life of his own.

I think it's great Joseph has found a woman who wears her skirts a little too high and might even bring a Christmas tree into their home (being a mile from the compound and all). She's pretty, she knows what fun is, she has worn a bathing suit and been in a pool at least once in her life, etc. Although Joseph doesn't seem like the straying type, hopefully his life will pick up some excitement as he moves out and starts a life of his own.

Elizabeth's family have an in ground pool in their backyard, they swim a lot. And they wear regular swimsuits.

muncksquiver.blogspot.com/2008_04_01_archive.html

(Click on the link above and look at the photo on the post from Sept 27, 2007)

They may have "started out" as just a fundie-lite family. If you look at some of the earlier photos, the mom and some of the daughters were wearing jeans, there's a photo of two of the daughters wearing shorts (oh the horror of it all) and even a photo of one of the boys in the pool with a "normal" swim suit (meaning just the swim trunks, no top). Wonder what made them change to "full on fundie"? I agree though, they do seem to like to have fun (even as full on fundies), and Elizabeth seems to be a happy person, hopefully some of that will rub off on her future husband!!

Well-said, Phyllis! (Although it's Aunt Tami, not Toni).

I think that's such a good solution for PS. And I like how you appeal to his soft side. Certainly the day she was born as his first daughter he wanted the best for her always. And he's become so over-controlling that she is clearly not getting the best out of her life. Her posts about not minding being married are so transparent -- that girl is NOT happy.

No matter how nice you put it I feel Steve will put up his defences. He is a dictator who has shunned any feelings other than joy for many years. He has brainwashed himself even to believe what he believes.

Elizabeth is beautiful and they look very happy; I wish them all the best. I looked at their family blog a little but didn't go through it too thoroughly. Someone upthread posted an entry about them going to a Maxwell homeschool conference and being convicted by all the Maxwell wisdom that was imparted. I'm betting that's how Elizabeth and Joseph met. Another sister-in-law for Sarah to clean house for . . .

I just went and checked out the Munck's website. Does anyone else think it's funny that Elizabeth's mother posted the engagement photo with the caption "Elizabeth & Joesph became engaged!!!!!!!"?

I'm thinking she needs to make sure she gets the spelling of his name right on the wedding invitations. Just sayin'.

Rebecca K. says:

June 28, 2012 at 2:37 pm

WHAT??????!!!!!!!!! Wow! I had no idea! Great picture! What can I say? She’s a beautiful young lady! I didn’t expect this, I mean this soon! God bless you both! Can’t wait to see and hear more! Your lives are so full of adventures, especially the past year!

God bless! Rebecca K.

That poor girl. Although only she could look at the Maxwell blog and see lives "so full of adventure."

On Elizabeth's birthday post (bithday was in March but they didn't post about it until May) they mention that she asked for a low-key birthday at home, an adult birthday with no real theme. I'm wondering if there was a courtship with Joseph going on at the time (a courtship from March to June is three months, Christopher and NR Anna's was four months) and Elizabeth was already trying to assimilate the Maxwell's lifestyle. She's only 20 and still so very impressionable, especially if she's in love and truly believes that Joseph is THE ONE. My impression is that she's not going to be any influence at all on Joseph but that he is going to turn her into a true Maxwell. Swimsuits and shorts - forget it honey. Birthday parties and Christmas trees - only a memory.

I think that that worse than ending up in the Maxwell family is ending up in the Maxwell family via Joseph. I met the family over a two day conference last year and the only impression I got from Joseph was that he was arrogant and haughty. I didn't get that vibe from the other children at all - they were all very friendly, going out of their way to talk to people, hold doors open for others, catch your eye and smile. But not Joseph - he was walking ahead of me into the church and didn't even consider holding the door open. I was sitting in the church with my friend before their lecture began and John came right over, SAT DOWN WITH US and started chatting (Sarah also did this but at a different time). It's not like Joseph was directly rude or did anything in particular, it was just the vibe I got from him - sort of snotty. Maybe within his family he's delightful - I can only hope so because right now, I'm feeling awfully sorry for this poor girl. The Maxwell's are bad enough but in my opinion, Joseph is the worst of the bunch...

Archived