emesbe

I wonder how Chris is feeling. He was 31 before he met his wife! Joe is only about 23. We really don't "know" Joe. He bought a house nearly a mile from the compound. Hopefully, he'll truly be his "own" man and not a clone of Stevie.

One less "child" to travel with the horse and pony show. I bet the fall trip will be his last. What did Stevie say many months ago, "time is ticking"..... :doh:

That's a good point. What will the Maxwells do if they don't travel anymore? I can't see how the Moody books, computer business, and construction business would bring in enough income.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

I wonder if Sarah has had any courtship proposals that she herself has rejected. I much prefer to blame Steve, but what if she's so used to her familiar life at home that she's afraid to move out? :think: I'm so hoping that isn't the case, because then I'd feel even worse for her. It reminds me of the old man in Shawshank Redemption.

So apparently it's a family in Pigeon Forge, TN, with three girls Elizabeth, Amanda, and Rachel.

Someone with better google-fu, have at it! (Unfortunately "regular ol' boring" names are hard to track...)

They helped at the conference that was held at Liberty Baptist Church of Pigeon Forge (I suppose they may have driven in, so might not actually be from there, but they should be somewhat regional I guess).

So apparently it's a family in Pigeon Forge, TN, with three girls Elizabeth, Amanda, and Rachel.

Someone with better google-fu, have at it! (Unfortunately "regular ol' boring" names are hard to track...)

They helped at the conference that was held at Liberty Baptist Church of Pigeon Forge (I suppose they may have driven in, so might not actually be from there, but they should be somewhat regional I guess).

You really think it is the same girl? I'm not seeing it in her face.

I don't see it either, but admittedly, I am really bad at noticing details and specifics. It was just the only 'Elizabeth' reference that came up in the search, and it's relatively recent. But, if I were to have to guess based on the face - I would fail.

I second the hope that they livestream this wedding. It would be my first time attending as an actual member. I've lurked through several, including Christopher & Anna's and the freak show that was David & Priscilla's. :roll:

When I saw this thread I hoped it was Sarah. A little surprised that it's Joseph, but not too much with the recent purchase of the house. Looking forward to more information on this Elizabeth!

I can see how it might be, but can't really judge well either - just saying IF it's her, adding the sibs' names to the thread. Hopefully someone has the actual scoop soon :)

Too bad it's not Elizabeth Botkin. I am guessing they are tracking this situation.

Wow.

Joseph is very young by Maxwell standards to get married. I wonder if he was just waiting for a house he could afford that was close enough to Maxwell HQ to come on the market so he could pop the question?

Given his relative youth I can't help thinking that maybe he was caught in some indiscretion (like looking too long at worldly girls in sundresses at a conference or something) and Steve decided it was "better to marry than to burn".

They will have plenty of years to fill that quiver though. I can see them easily producing over ten mini Maxwells.

Poor poor Sarah. A sister in law almost ten years her junior who will be considered an adult while she is still one of the children. If John-Marie really is courting Anna she mightbjust reach for that muffin tin.

Since he wants to have the house completed by summer's end, I'm guessing it will be a fall wedding. That probably means a baby sometime next summer.

I wonder if they'll do more of those big homeschool conferences, and less running around to small churches?

Wouldn't it be nice if there was a campaign for a worthy suitor for Sarah! The guy would have to be a wonderful actor--pretend he was Godly long enough to get past Steve. Someone who is knows the bible really and who might be looking to escape his fundie family and find love along the way. After all, Sarah would have no choice but to submit. Wonder if there is anyone on exchristian dot com who might be interested. Just dreaming...

Wow.

Joseph is very young by Maxwell standards to get married. I wonder if he was just waiting for a house he could afford that was close enough to Maxwell HQ to come on the market so he could pop the question?

Given his relative youth I can't help thinking that maybe he was caught in some indiscretion (like looking too long at worldly girls in sundresses at a conference or something) and Steve decided it was "better to marry than to burn".

They will have plenty of years to fill that quiver though. I can see them easily producing over ten mini Maxwells.

Poor poor Sarah. A sister in law almost ten years her junior who will be considered an adult while she is still one of the children. If John-Marie really is courting Anna she might just reach for that muffin tin.

I am laughing so hard I cannot breathe.

Poor poor Sarah. A sister in law almost ten years her junior who will be considered an adult while she is still one of the children. If John-Marie really is courting Anna she mightbjust reach for that muffin tin.

That's really the worst part - she can't be considered an adult, really, with an actual say in running her household, until she marries. Setting up her own household is just completely forbidden. Moving out to go to school or do an internship somewhere to put some distance and then returning home as an adult (even if a spinster adult!) is similarly not permitted.

I didn't marry until I was 38. But it wasn't a problem because I'd been a full adult earning my own way in the world from age 18, going to school, renting rooms, having a career, having friends, just being a normal individual person. So there was no rush.

It's her family environment that makes her age seem old, and that's the horrible part. Free Sarah, maybe, but WAKE UP, Sarah...

Ugh. I hurt for Sarah. Not that marriage to a Steve approved suitor would be a GOOD thing, per se, but it's better than living under his thumb forever. And this just has to sting. Joseph is 7 years younger than her and marrying first.. guess that's how Steve keeps the courtship seminar relevant.

I'm wondering what kind of wedding they'll have. Probably a long ceremony filled with talks about death, dying, burning in hell etc. The girl seems to have decent fashion sense (dresses like Melanie) so I figure the wedding dress won't be as atrocious as NR-Anna's dress. All this will be followed by many, many shots of them in boring postures. There will be a reception of punch and mints and then off to baby making---I mean, honeymoon!

Given their age, I predict a steady stream of babies, possibly into the double digits. I am worried how Joseph will support such a potentially large family. He appears to have technical skills (construction, possibly IT work, probably experience in publishing). However, one will need a steady stream of a solid income in order to support a fast growing family. Both Nathan and Christopher had children after having worked for over a decade. And currently none of the married Maxwells have large families. Assuming Joseph's wife won't have fertility issues, they will start a family early and could possibly have several children by the time Joseph is Christopher and Nathan Maxwell's age. That doesn't bode well for their financial situation. At his age, Joseph is trying to build wealth. Kids will go through any money he makes very quickly.

Elizabeth Munck

muncksquiver.blogspot.com

Been reading them for a while. I thought they had better sense.

Edited to remove click able link.

She and her sisters had their own blog at one time and they all work for the family's dog kennel biz. I can't believe it's her.

Elizabeth Munck

Well done, deborahlynn. Now I'll have to read their blog as this is the first I've heard of them.

For the person wondering, Elizabeth seems so have just turned 20

muncksquiver.blogspot.com/2012/05/1-2-320.html

ETA: Elizabeth also seems to be a pretty good artist.

muncksquiver.blogspot.com/2012/05/budding-artist-his-teacher.html

The post below the engagement announcement is about one of the sons getting his braces removed. Maybe they can refer an ortho to the Maxwells, one who won't do anything so foolish as to ask a young patient about his/her opinions and feelings on the procedure.

ETA: Love the blog title (The Muncks Quiver). SOTDRT strikes again!

Elizabeth Munck

She and her sisters had their own blog at one time and they all work for the family's dog kennel biz. I can't believe it's her.

This is the first time I've looked at this family's blog, but they are waaaay too normal for the Maxwells. Look at that post where the kids are in the pool. Yes, they're wearing modest swimsuits, but THEY ARE HAVING FUN!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: Perhaps that's exactly what Joseph has been looking for?

No older bro for Sarah. :(

I'm back and FJ has come through yet again. Great sleuthing, ladies (and any gents who posted...didn't see any, but I might have missed someone).

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ohhh, I foresee trouble already. Check out their November, 2009 family picture. The boys are wearing shorts and the girls are wearing knee length skirts.

Archived