emesbe

Oy, one of the reversal kids getting married before Sarah, she must be besides herself. That being said:

Dear Sarah

I have a second bedroom in my apartment I don't use, except for when company comes. There isn't much in there, a sofa-bed, bookshelf, a secretary and a TV. I was going to turn it into a spare bedroom/office, but forget it, it is yours. Time for you to have your own life. When you can get here, you can take some time to chill till you figure out what it is you want to do. I make enough money to pay the bills till you find your way (and get a good lawyer to make sure you are paid your due for the Moody books). I think you would have a fine time of it. I'm only three years older than you and could show you the ropes. My apartment faces a beautiful river with a lovely walking path. It is right on a bus line that could take you to the community college if you wanted to take some classes. I have a cat who is a little high strung, but quite loving. Take some time to consider it, by now you know your father will never let you go, so time to free yourself.

twin2

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oy, one of the reversal kids getting married before Sarah, she must be besides herself. That being said:

Dear Sarah

I have a second bedroom in my apartment I don't use, except for when company comes. There isn't much in there, a sofa-bed, bookshelf, a secretary and a TV. I was going to turn it into a spare bedroom/office, but forget it, it is yours. Time for you to have your own life. When you can get here, you can take some time to chill till you figure out what it is you want to do. I make enough money to pay the bills till you find your way (and get a good lawyer to make sure you are paid your due for the Moody books). I think you would have a fine time of it. I'm only three years older than you and could show you the ropes. My apartment faces a beautiful river with a lovely walking path. It is right on a bus line that could take you to the community college if you wanted to take some classes. I have a cat who is a little high strung, but quite loving. Take some time to consider it, by now you know your father will never let you go, so time to free yourself.

twin2

This, this. Sarah, listen to Twin2. Steve, lighten up. Terry, I can supply you with all the Pepsi you could want.

I must say I'm defrauded by Elizabeth - she's wearing pink!!!!!!

Twin2, is the secretary in your spare bedroom a male one? :D

Guest Anonymous

She looks like a lovely young lady. Wish there was a way for us FJers to get to her and tell her to run!! Poor Sarah.

She looks like a beautiful, vibrant young woman. I'm sad to see her marry into the family.

Not to worry, any spirt charm or good looks will end once her marriage begins and she serves her life sentence with the Maxwells.

Those beasts! Don't they realize that Poor Sarah will probably jump from that bridge rather than go on living as a dusty relic in Mother and FAther's house? AS for Elizabeth, poor naive thing is trying to lean toward her intended, since tey cannot touch, and Joseph doesn't even have the common sense spontenaity to do even that! IN other news Abbigail hasn't smiled cheerfully in several photos, now. Her eyes are dead and her lips are just pulled into a wide line. Depression can show itself that early, and she is Teri's granddaughter. Bethy keeps shwoing teeth and wrinkling her nose. Free Abigail!!

From your lips to the Lord's ears. Details, we need DETAILS on this Elizabeth.

Before I enlarged the photo, she looked a tiny bit familiar, like I'd seen her on another fundie blog, but in the larger version of the photo, not so much. She is indeed a beautiful young woman, and her outfit is brighter and more cheerful than you'd expect a future Maxwell to wear. Poor, unsuspecting Elizabeth. She'll be in a matching frumper by Christmas, for the family photo.

I too am dying to know how they met and how crazy her own family is.

John Marie has a sister of courting age according to family friend (and FJer) Queen Mother.

Their last name is Demcak from Idaho. Is it possible Elizabeth is John Marie's sister?

John Marie has a sister of courting age according to family friend (and FJer) Queen Mother.

Their last name is Demcak from Idaho. Is it possible Elizabeth is John Marie's sister?

John (Jon?) Marie's sister is a redhead and much frumpier-looking than Elizabeth. I don't think he has more than one sister, does he?

Please Steve! Tell us more! We need more details about her! Does she have an older unmarried/widowed brother?

I am so hoping they have a blog post about Elizabeth or how they met. Something. Anything.

Well, here's the thing. They got engaged on the 25th, which based on the blog had to have been enroute back from the conference in Pennsylvania. They visited "with friends" on Sunday the 24th (while Christian neighbors bathed Uriah as you recall) and, perhaps, on Monday the 25th?

They were driving on the 24th, no post on the 25th, conference report on the 26th.

I think those friends had to have been somewhere between PA and Kansas, no?

Those beasts! Don't they realize that Poor Sarah will probably jump from that bridge rather than go on living as a dusty relic in Mother and FAther's house? AS for Elizabeth, poor naive thing is trying to lean toward her intended, since tey cannot touch, and Joseph doesn't even have the common sense spontenaity to do even that! IN other news Abbigail hasn't smiled cheerfully in several photos, now. Her eyes are dead and her lips are just pulled into a wide line. Depression can show itself that early, and she is Teri's granddaughter. Bethy keeps shwoing teeth and wrinkling her nose. Free Abigail!!

I was just going to post the same thing. Poor young woman. She just doesn't know. :doh:

Sorry to correct, but, according to their blog, Joseph and Elizabeth were engaged on the 25th (Monday). The date coincides nicely with them "visting friends out of state" on their way home from PA.

I think that she could be from the family that they visited on the way home.

Sorry to correct, but, according to their blog, Joseph and Elizabeth were engaged on the 25th (Monday). The date coincides nicely with them "visting friends out of state" on their way home from PA.

??? What are you correcting?

John (Jon?) Marie's sister is a redhead and much frumpier-looking than Elizabeth. I don't think he has more than one sister, does he?

Yeah, I just read Queen Mother's post again, and she describes his sister as "homely", so I guess it's not her.

Rosie, yeah Idaho is nowhere near where the Maxwells were over the weekend, so there goes that theory.

C'mon Sarah, dry your tears and give us the backstory to this engagement!

I wonder how long the courtship was? And why didn't they talk about it on the blog? Christopher and NR-Anna's courtship got a blog post.

I SO hope they live stream the wedding! Getting my popcorn and Mike's hard lemonade ready...

Yeah, I just read Queen Mother's post again, and she describes his sister as "homely", so I guess it's not her.

Rosie, yeah Idaho is nowhere near where the Maxwells were over the weekend, so there goes that theory.

C'mon Sarah, dry your tears and give us the backstory to this engagement!

ETA:

Funny how the Lord always leads the Maxwell men to very pretty young women.

Well, considering any marriage-worthy girls have about .0001% of a personality, about all there is left to make someone stand out is their looks. :-/

Is this the same Elizabeth? She's described as 'Liz'. The photo is from a conference the Maxwells went to in Choctaw, March 2011.

titus2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/DSC_9010.jpg

Is this the same Elizabeth? She's described as 'Liz'. The photo is from a conference the Maxwells went to in Choctaw, March 2011.

Pierced ears rule her out. They are as offensive as full facial tattoos to the Maxwells.

No, definitely not. That's Liz, their "friend" who mainly serves to pack books for them.

Elizabeth is as cute as a button. I wonder how long it will take before she looks dead in the eyes. Why, oh why, would you want to subject your child to Steve's influence and control? Her parents must be as bad or clueless. Let's be honest, Joseph isn't going to be branching out on his own or thinking any independent thoughts. He was raised on the kool-aid.

Sarah, you aren't going anywhere unless Daddy marries you off to some rich geriatric fart who drinks the Steve flavored kool-aid, get used to it.

Maybe the reason why we didn't know about this courtship is because either Joseph or Elizabeth (or maybe both) didn't want it publicized, you know, just in case it didn't work out. And I agree with the poster that said that she's from the family they had dinner with, whoever that was.

Archived