emesbe

New post is up, and apparently the new house they are building is a clone of Mom and Dad's. 80's oak cabinetry, yippee!!! With brass and white porcelain door pulls! I wonder if they had to special order them?

Sigh.

I just wish Steve would allow them to have something of their own. Even if it is just cabinets that don't look like his.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply
New post is up, and apparently the new house they are building is a clone of Mom and Dad's. 80's oak cabinetry, yippee!!! With brass and white porcelain door pulls! I wonder if they had to special order them?

Sigh.

I just wish Steve would allow them to have something of their own. Even if it is just cabinets that don't look like his.

Oh, aren't those cabinets dreadful? It's really not that expensive to replace drawer pulls -- those ceramic/porcelain are hideous!

Oh, aren't those cabinets dreadful? It's really not that expensive to replace drawer pulls -- those ceramic/porcelain are hideous!

My Habitat reStore is loaded with those ancient cabinets. And what's the big deal with dry wall stilts? Really, you either own a set if you are remodeler or rent them when you need them. Same with the dry wall jacks.

If the cabinets were free I'd use them till I could pay cash for something I liked. If it was a choice between one more day with Steve and Oak Cabinets.....no contest.......

If the cabinets were free I'd use them till I could pay cash for something I liked. If it was a choice between one more day with Steve and Oak Cabinets.....no contest.......

Its inexpensive to replace the doors on face frame cabinets if the hinges are halfway decent. But those things are fugly.

sex vs fugly cabinets............I thought so...... Come on--poor guy is 23 and never done anything by choice. Who hasn't lived with ugly crap when they were in college or first on their own? They won't have to pay rent. And he doesn't have to live with Mom and Dad. Go ugly cabinets!! lol...

I think my point is that you can make ugly cabinets look much better by just something as easy as getting rid of the 80's drawer pulls. I HATE my cabinets (circa 1995) but replacing cabinets is really expensive and when I remodeled my kitchen I decided to spend what little money I had on new appliances and countertops. He could paint the cabinets and distress them for that "Pottery Barn" look, or for a lot less effort, just replace the Mama Maxwell drawer pulls. Hopefully we'll see Elizabeth take over and have some good taste.

Steve would never let Sarah marry a widower because even if the end of his marriage wasn't his fault, he would still be impure and may have developed non-steve-approved sexual appetites during his marriage. Plus, I don't think he would ever consider bring step kids into the family. I know we all want to see Sarah get out of this but, I would bet my house (and all my related debt!) that Sarah never marries or even courts. Also, speaking of how they make money, we know that they have a lot of free labor from friends and also from their girl children who, unlike the boys, do not need to save for homes.

Two words here:

Georgia O'Keefe :D

Great minds! I made sure to see it up close and personal when I was at the Met last month. :mrgreen:

Poor guy probably doesn't know any better. At least he's moving farther than his brothers.

I think those cabinets were in the home when he purchased it. The lower cabinets have been removed, maybe he'll get better ones?

Great minds! I made sure to see it up close and personal when I was at the Met last month. :mrgreen:

Gah! I'm so jealous.

Guest Anonymous

Haha... agree on the ugliness factor. But from where is Joseph supposed to cultivate a modern taste in interior decor? Does he even know that such drawer pulls are out of style? He's probably only ever visited homes with the same fugly decorating.

Do we know for sure that Rebecca!!! has a crush on the boys? Or is just speculation b/c she comments so much? Also wondering, isn't Steve curt with most of his replies to comments? I can't help but hope that it's not personally directed at Rebecca!! I mean really, she's not much more than a kid.

She just turned 21, so she's ready for marriage in the fundie world.

She seems very sweet. Her latest blog entry shows them having a tea party for a bunch of little girls. Rebecca's sister even styled the hair of one of the little girls. Given some of the fancy hair styles, they may have styled some of the other little girls' hair also.

Has anyone noticed that Rebecca hasn't commented on any of the posts since the engagement announcement?

I'm a bit worried since she is usually one of the first to post.

Oh, and in more boring Maxwell news, John found Steve's sunglasses under the driver seat in the bus, exciting... yawn.

(edited b/c I can spell)

Has anyone notices that Rebecca hasn't commented on any of the posts since the engagement announcement?

I'm a bit worried since she is usually one of the first to post.

Oh, and in more boring Maxwell news, John found Steve's sunglasses under the driver seat in the bus, exciting... yawn.

I think someone said she posted something that was visible about the engagement and then Stevie deleted it. She must have gone crazy and asked something super offensive -- like whether they registered somewhere.

And yes, riveting news about the sunglasses. OMG. I'm SO glad they found the source of the rattling issue.

And there was what some would call laughing.

Be careful, Maxwells. We don't want to make an idol out of humor, do we?

All this hand-slapping over the image of a vagina is no better than the House Republicans who think that women shouldn't be allowed to say "vagina" in public. It's a silencing tactic and a shaming tactic. Vaginas exist and they aren't vulgar. God, all of this makes me want to put on that vagina dress and run through the streets yelling "vagina".

Martha Stewart makes paintable wallpaper -- instant beadboard. Hobby Lobby (cause it's Christian) has door knobs and pulls for 50% off. Get a gallon of high gloss paint and those cabinets would be in business. Hell, you could Mod Podge some scrapbook paper/wall paper into the inside of the cabinets for some drama (haha, it is the Maxwells) and it would do wonders for those cabinets.

I think someone said she posted something that was visible about the engagement and then Stevie deleted it. She must have gone crazy and asked something super offensive -- like whether they registered somewhere.

And yes, riveting news about the sunglasses. OMG. I'm SO glad they found the source of the rattling issue.

Rebecca's comment is still there - June 28, 2:37pm. Did she comment more than once?

I don't know HOW the Maxwells handle the excitement of day to day life. I'm pretty sure I've never had anything as funny as finding my sunglasses under the seat of the car happen to me. I don't know if I could cope with their super thrilling life.

Dear Sarah Maxwell,

What the fuck is up with the use of the following in your pathetic blog posts: (say: laughing); (say: Elizabeth)? Like we didn't know that chuckling meant laughing. We're not all complete morons. Not all of us are SOTDRT grads. Or did Daddy edit your blog posts and make suggestions and you forgot to make the changes before you posted the blog? Sarah, you're a virgin who can't write. I have no sympathy for you.

Not a fan,

Diva

Archived