emesbe

Something tells me the books in the background in Elizabeth's living room are GA Henty, Elsie Dinsmore, approved Bible history and stuff like that.I don't think Henry Miller or Shades of Gray will show up.

There was some non-Maxwell approved literature up there. I zoomed in and noticed a set of Little House books (wasn't there a Mom's Corner about the dangers of Little House in the Big Woods?). There were also some Dr. Seuss "Beginner Books" in the lower left corner (Thing 1 and Thing 2's disobedience in "The Cat in the Hat" would never pass Maxwell muster).

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that's her dad. They must know the rules of who hugs who. John is off to the side as though he's getting ready to hug someone, but I doubt he hugged Elizabeth.

I think the picture of 3 people praying was a family member praying over J&E.

That's exactly what it is. Remember, everyone prayed together and then everyone prayed over the couple and by the end of the night there wasn't a dry eye in the room. :insert vomit smily here:

There was some non-Maxwell approved literature up there. I zoomed in and noticed a set of Little House books (wasn't there a Mom's Corner about the dangers of Little House in the Big Woods?). There were also some Dr. Seuss "Beginner Books" in the lower left corner (Thing 1 and Thing 2's disobedience in "The Cat in the Hat" would never pass Maxwell muster).

OH GOD. LITTLE HOUSE BOOKS.

THEY PRACTICALLY WORSHIP SATAN.

I am seriously wondering what Steve is going to do about the fact that the Muncks cling to some vestiges of normalcy. Like, is he going to have a Talk with them about their book collection? Or will that be Joseph's responsibility after they're married? Or does it not matter that Elizabeth read Little House books and wore jeans, so long as she doesn't do those things anymore?

Why does Steve get to hug Elizabeth, but her intended does not? (or is that 3/4 profile actually her own father? it's hard to tell).

That's her Dad. He has facial hair. Steve-o (AKA- ASSHAT), of course, doesn't have facial hair. I had to look twice, too. I thought it was Asshat at first, too.

Sooo it's ok to "lay hands" on people of the opposite gender if you're praying over them, but not to give a quick congratulatory hug, or being allowed to hold hands whilst announcing your engagement? Urgh.

(terribly structured sentence, can't words today)

Sooo it's ok to "lay hands" on people of the opposite gender if you're praying over them, but not to give a quick congratulatory hug, or being allowed to hold hands whilst announcing your engagement? Urgh.

(terribly structured sentence, can't words today)

I think there is a time limit on the laying on of hands if there is a member of the opposite sex involved.

I am seriously wondering what Steve is going to do about the fact that the Muncks cling to some vestiges of normalcy. Like, is he going to have a Talk with them about their book collection? Or will that be Joseph's responsibility after they're married? Or does it not matter that Elizabeth read Little House books and wore jeans, so long as she doesn't do those things anymore?

From what I understand of the Quiverfull "rules", each head of the household gets to determine what is and isn't acceptable for his own family. If Steve has major issues with the way Elizabeth was raised, then he most likely wouldn't have allowed Joseph to court her in the first place. ("Son, the Lord put it upon my heart that this is not the right time for you to court. Besides, the Munck family's goals for their children aren't the same as our goals for our children...")

From what I understand of the Quiverfull "rules", each head of the household gets to determine what is and isn't acceptable for his own family. If Steve has major issues with the way Elizabeth was raised, then he most likely wouldn't have allowed Joseph to court her in the first place. ("Son, the Lord put it upon my heart that this is not the right time for you to court. Besides, the Munck family's goals for their children aren't the same as our goals for our children...")

I quite agree. Also consider that all the major choices for the couple were made by the patriarchs beforehand, this scenario would work.Personally I think Old Man Munchk made a deal with Satan Maxwell that the Munck family et al were becoming more orthodox and that was enough for Satan to seal the bargain.

I quite agree. Also consider that all the major choices for the couple were made by the patriarchs beforehand, this scenario would work.Personally I think Old Man Munchk made a deal with Satan Maxwell that the Munck family et al were becoming more orthodox and that was enough for Satan to seal the bargain.

True enough, I believe. Patriarch Munck was convicted by Patriarch Steve to strive for hyper orthodoxy and purposed to lead his quivers into more Godly paths. This ushered in a season of blessings that will lead to some sweet fellowship for J and E.

Am I the only one humming Bon Jovi right now?

Actually, every time I read or hear about someone doing the "laying on of hands", that old Thompson Twins song pops into my head. :whistle:

Also don't forget the corollary of the your rule - because the head of the household determines what is acceptable, Joseph will be the one who decrees what is permitted in the new J&E Maxwell household.

That's probably why Steve-O is okay marrying the boys off, because they bring in new wives who will move UP (from Steve-O's POV). I suspect Steve-O would have a lot more problems with marrying a daughter off to a Munck boy.

Actually, every time I read or hear about someone doing the "laying on of hands", that old Thompson Twins song pops into my head. :whistle:

Me too! Perhaps we should recommend it for their next CD!

I actually think that Steve will try to show them the error of their ways, and I think that's actually a big part of this arranged marriage. The Munck family is already on a path toward further extremism. They've really spiraled down in just a few years, and Steve will try to keep up that momentum until they have no books except the Bible and Moody books.

I think there is a time limit on the laying on of hands if there is a member of the opposite sex involved.

Am I the only one humming Bon Jovi right now?

The idea of the time limit on it has Bon Jovi and the final Jeopardy theme mixing in there for me. It's sort of a fun combination! :lol:

Wow.

Joseph is very young by Maxwell standards to get married. I wonder if he was just waiting for a house he could afford that was close enough to Maxwell HQ to come on the market so he could pop the question?

I think Nathan was 24 when he and Melanie married.

The idea of the time limit on it has Bon Jovi and the final Jeopardy theme mixing in there for me. It's sort of a fun combination! :lol:

I always hear the Jeopardy theme playing when I type a post about Sarah Maxwell being stale dated.

The Muncks posted meeting Michelle Duggar(I just realized the post was yesterday but they met her a few years ago). They had never heard of her. They don't own a tv. Just seems weird even without a tv that with all the "groups and seminars" the two families have in common the Munck's have never heard of the Duggars. Are the Duggars less "royal" then we think? Michelle looks very hunched in the picture in the Muncks blog. I was hoping the last few shots were at funny angles but something is wrong with Michelle's neck? Has she been shrinking for the last 2 years.

post-603-14451997240062_thumb.jpg

Michelle needs a new bra stat and I hope she really isn't that hunched all the time.

That's funny to me that the Muncks didn't know about the Duggars. Good for them.

Michelle has a really big head compared to Mama Munck's.

No, she has a really big head from all the "fame".....the other lady is perfectly normal.

Wow. I don't have a TV either and I have certainly heard of the Duggars!

(Granted my intro to the Duggars was seeing an image of them captioned "Vagina: it's not a clown car" on Fark.com, but...)

Michelle has a really big head compared to Mama Munck's.

No, She just has bigger hair .. Seriously, I think the hair makes her head look bigger than it is.

She does look like she's in some sort of pain, though. But this was two years ago and we know she's fine now. Maybe she and JB just has some wild jack rabbit sex the night before and her neck was still hurting. :lol:

The Muncks posted meeting Michelle Duggar(I just realized the post was yesterday but they met her a few years ago). They had never heard of her. They don't own a tv. Just seems weird even without a tv that with all the "groups and seminars" the two families have in common the Munck's have never heard of the Duggars. Are the Duggars less "royal" then we think? Michelle looks very hunched in the picture in the Muncks blog. I was hoping the last few shots were at funny angles but something is wrong with Michelle's neck? Has she been shrinking for the last 2 years.

I think Michelle has shrunk and there was an FJ thread about it. I think there are a few fundie circles that the Duggars might not be popular with. I think the Muncks maybe didn't hear of Michelle because some of the other fundie families that they associate don't really bring up or care for the Duggars. There some fundie families who watch the Duggar show through Amazon VOD or DVDs.

I did cringe when I read this line on the blog about Michelle.

Michelle Duggar is a famewhore.

Archived