emesbe

Ya, humility and grace would have been her rejecting the award because all she's done is birth a bunch of spawn and get onto a television show whilst her daughters do all the heavy lifting.

You know what a mother of a year is? She's the single mom who provides for her family and does the work to care for her children while still having enough sanity to spend quality time (not just quantity time like Michelle) with her kids. A mother of the year is the mother who takes care of her family and helps other families in needs, she's the one who is also taking care of a dying relation, or doing charity work. She's the one that people like the Duggars rail against and call names because she's wearing jeans or working or doesn't live their approved lifestyle.

Anytime that famewhore gets an award I just want to spit!

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ya, humility and grace would have been her rejecting the award because all she's done is birth a bunch of spawn and get onto a television show whilst her daughters do all the heavy lifting.

You know what a mother of a year is? She's the single mom who provides for her family and does the work to care for her children while still having enough sanity to spend quality time (not just quantity time like Michelle) with her kids. A mother of the year is the mother who takes care of her family and helps other families in needs, she's the one who is also taking care of a dying relation, or doing charity work. She's the one that people like the Duggars rail against and call names because she's wearing jeans or working or doesn't live their approved lifestyle.

Anytime that famewhore gets an award I just want to spit!

This. I'm disgusted with the awards that Mullet has received. I also cringe any time I hear or read someone say that they think Michelle is inspiring. There is nothing inspiring about Michelle. She barely knows any of her kids and I find it disgusting that SAHM like her whose children are homeschooled, requires that her the children sign up for one on one time. That isn't inspiring or good.

I bet at some point some fundies will publicly bash the Duggars. I can see the more hardcore types doing it. I wouldn't be surprised if Steve Maxwell does it.

I think Michelle has shrunk and there was an FJ thread about it. I think there are a few fundie circles that the Duggars might not be popular with. I think the Muncks maybe didn't hear of Michelle because some of the other fundie families that they associate don't really bring up or care for the Duggars. There some fundie families who watch the Duggar show through Amazon VOD or DVDs.

I did cringe when I read this line on the blog about Michelle.

Michelle Duggar is a famewhore.

That was the VF MOTH award. The Muncks seem to run more with that crowd. The Duggars do on occasion (they'll be at Douggie's soiree this weekend), but not as faithfully as Gothard, so I can see why the Muncks hadn't heard of them; different circles hitting one common tangent at that stupid lunch/tea whatever the fuck it was.

Does anyone think it is weird that the Maxwells have never mentioned Elizabeth's last name on their blog? The Muncks linked to the Maxwell post with engagement pictures, but the Maxwells still seem to be keeping Elizabeth's identity veiled in secrecy. I'm glad we have FJ to help us out on stuff like this. :D

It would also draw attention to the Muncks blog and therefore take attention from their blog. Also, the Muncks have fun and wear different clothes and have bright colors. The Maxwells can't let anyone see that or else someone may call them out on how much Elizabeth's life will drastically change

muncksquiver.blogspot.com/2009/02/why-so-many.html

Did anyone else see their story on finding out one of their sons was going to have Down Syndrome?

I call BS. Or this doctor needs some serious reprimanding. No mention at all about finding support groups or looking into therapy, just how great a kid with Down Syndrome is. Such a sweet precious blessing. Blargh. Why isn't there a headdesk smiley?

For the past few days I've glance through some of the posts regarding Jonathan. I also call BS on the blog about when they found out that they were going to a child with DS. This might sound cruel of mine, but I think Muncks should have only had maybe 1 or 2 kids after Jonathan.

Just read the post on the Munck blog. Looks like Mrs. Munck said she had never "heard" Michelle, not that she had never "heard of" Michelle. I am guessing she had heard of the Duggars but, without a TV had never actually heard Michelle's whiny voiced dog and pony show.

For the past few days I've glance through some of the posts regarding Jonathan. I also call BS on the blog about when they found out that they were going to a child with DS. This might sound cruel of mine, but I think Muncks should have only had maybe 1 or 2 kids after Jonathan.

"One of our babies was blessed with something extra" :roll: Does it sound cruel that they shouldn't have kept trying after him? Yeah, kinda. But that doesn't make it wrong. I would be terrified to have another child if I gave birth to a baby with down syndrome. But then again, if I did and that baby was fine, I would probably feel like it wouldn't happen again. Apparently it happens more than people think. I read this amazing book called "Choosing Naia". It's about this couple experiencing their first pregnancy. They discover the baby has down syndrome and the book is really their journey about deciding whether or not to have the child. They talked to a lot of families who had perfectly find children after having a downs baby. (They also talked to families who chose abortion. The books is definitely not one sided.) I didn't realize so many people did. One family in particular had four children with the first being a downs baby and the last three being okay. The book isn't religious at all. (I think they mention god a few times but that's about it) Maybe MamaMunck read that book? The father founded one of the national societies for people with down syndrome so I would assume if she read anything she probably read that book. I'm not really sure where I'm going with this. I agree with you that she should have slowed down after Jonathan. I just think she had another child who was fine and then pretty much felt invincible. I know I probably would.

Has anyone ever posted a comment on their site? I left a comment yesterday and among other things I asked if Elizabeth's family had a blog. Today I noticed my comment was "approved" but edited so that any mention of the blog was magically gone. They really can't lose any of that traffic, huh?

"One of our babies was blessed with something extra" :roll: Does it sound cruel that they shouldn't have kept trying after him? Yeah, kinda. But that doesn't make it wrong. I would be terrified to have another child if I gave birth to a baby with down syndrome. But then again, if I did and that baby was fine, I would probably feel like it wouldn't happen again. Apparently it happens more than people think. I read this amazing book called "Choosing Naia". It's about this couple experiencing their first pregnancy. They discover the baby has down syndrome and the book is really their journey about deciding whether or not to have the child. They talked to a lot of families who had perfectly find children after having a downs baby. (They also talked to families who chose abortion. The books is definitely not one sided.) I didn't realize so many people did. One family in particular had four children with the first being a downs baby and the last three being okay. The book isn't religious at all. (I think they mention god a few times but that's about it) Maybe MamaMunck read that book? The father founded one of the national societies for people with down syndrome so I would assume if she read anything she probably read that book. I'm not really sure where I'm going with this. I agree with you that she should have slowed down after Jonathan. I just think she had another child who was fine and then pretty much felt invincible. I know I probably would.

my childhood neighbors, a very devout catholic family with 10 kids, have 1 DS girl who's just a year older than me. They had at least 3 more after her who did not have DS.

Has anyone ever posted a comment on their site? I left a comment yesterday and among other things I asked if Elizabeth's family had a blog. Today I noticed my comment was "approved" but edited so that any mention of the blog was magically gone. They really can't lose any of that traffic, huh?

That says all you need to know about Steve and his massive ego. He really thinks his shit doesn't stink.

The reason I said that the Muncks should have only had one or two kids after Jonathan was mostly from the standpoint of fiances/resources. I came across a mommy blogger whose son has DS. That blogger and her husband decided not to have more kids mainly because of finances and resources.

That says all you need to know about Steve and his massive ego. He really thinks his shit doesn't stink.

Yup. Sadly. I also noticed that he is definitely the one who approves comments bc I posted it before Sarah's newest post about going out to dinner and the comment wasn't approved until this morning. So a 30 year old woman still needs to have daddy approve the comments. That, too, pretty much sums it up.

Yup. Sadly. I also noticed that he is definitely the one who approves comments bc I posted it before Sarah's newest post about going out to dinner and the comment wasn't approved until this morning. So a 30 year old woman still needs to have daddy approve the comments. That, too, pretty much sums it up.

Well, see, that's so Steve can "shelter" her and "protect" her and "keep her heart". Goodness gracious, what if poor 30-year-old Sarah had to actually read a comment that wasn't full of gushing compliments for the Maxwells? Something critical? Or worse yet, something that caused her to think about things!? We can't have that kind of stuff happening. :roll:

It's weird as hell that the whole family spend the evening bawling after their eldest got married, but a marriage really is devastating to them. As evidenced in this post, even their traditional Incest Pair groupings for family snaps have been disrupted: titus2.com/blog/index.php/2012/07/11/a-little-bit-of-this-and-that/

I left a comment on the grunt work post asking Sarah (specifically, by name) about the Moody announcement she had promised a few months ago. Other comments kept being approved but mine still said "pending approval" for about three days. Then suddenly it was approved, with a reply saying the announcement would come Monday. I'm still kind of puzzled about that.

The way they add their replies as edits to the comments, and what I assume is their edits of people's names (Rebecca K; the L family - no one ever has a surname) has always bothered me a little. But the fact that they are actually editing people's words is kind of creepy.

Liza on July 12, 2012 at 12:00 am said:

I thank God for families like yours Mr. and Mrs. Maxwell.

The world needs more families like yours- families that chose NOT to compromise with the world.

May God continue to bless and use you and guard you from evil.

Your ministry is a blessing and of tremendous exhortation to me.

I sure hope to meet you. If not here on earth then surely in heaven.

God bless you richly.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

Maybe we will meet at a conference this fall.

Translation: "Liza, I like the way you focus on the possibility of death. I'm not sure about the misuse of a big word - hope you're not a fan of that big show-off, Dougie -- but I'll forgive you that. Now, what would you like to buy? Can we pull you into our cheerless lifestyle? Do you have any children who might want to marry ours?"

I left a comment on the grunt work post asking Sarah (specifically, by name) about the Moody announcement she had promised a few months ago. Other comments kept being approved but mine still said "pending approval" for about three days. Then suddenly it was approved, with a reply saying the announcement would come Monday. I'm still kind of puzzled about that.

The way they add their replies as edits to the comments, and what I assume is their edits of people's names (Rebecca K; the L family - no one ever has a surname) has always bothered me a little. But the fact that they are actually editing people's words is kind of creepy.

I noticed some people signed their comments "the (insert name here) family" but that's strange that they edit people's names, too. The replies being done as edits to the comments really speaks volumes. It's obvious they edit all their comments to some degree. Had I thought about it, I would have screenshot my comment and then their approved version of it and sent it off to the Muncks. I doubt it would do anything, though :( This really has me believing that Elizabeth is not going to be happy. They will completely cut her off from her family and her life with drastically change. And by the time she realizes it, it'll be too late. :cry:

Oooh I just noticed Ma and Pa Munck are down in San Antonio for Douggies food fest. I cannot wait to hear MaMunck give her take on the wonders of TTC.

Jesus sees all and knows Stevie boy is a lying liar. Editing the words of others without informing anyone that it was done is a lie.

Jesus hate liars, Stevie.

The Muncks are in San Antonio? Wow, they really are fundie social climbers, aren't they? Trying to marry off the other two girls to some big fundie family? They certainly make the rounds, don't they. And still, it's interesting that they ended up with the Maxwells who aren't exactly the top of the ladder.

Jesus sees all and knows Stevie boy is a lying liar. Editing the words of others without informing anyone that it was done is a lie.

Jesus hate liars, Stevie.

The Muncks are in San Antonio? Wow, they really are fundie social climbers, aren't they? Trying to marry off the other two girls to some big fundie family? They certainly make the rounds, don't they. And still, it's interesting that they ended up with the Maxwells who aren't exactly the top of the ladder.

It will be interesting to see if the whole family went or just Mom and Dad with the baby like last month. Mz. 'Lizabeth must be getting experienced taking care of the brood alone.

This sort of behavior is what really bugs me about their blog (well, that and the curt little response comments).

They don't just reject posts, like normal bloggers do ("rejecting this again, try again, if you eventually meet my rules I'll post whatever you have that managed to do it") but they EDIT POSTS and leave the signatures on, which in some cases can mean twisting the entire meaning of what someone wants to say, so their names are out there on the internet behind sentiments they don't actually espouse and they can do nothing about it. Any and all mention of other products or authors or books - gone. Even if it was "I love the Maxwell product X but found it works great if you also use Y alongside it" and of course any negative reviews only of X would be gone. Completely unrealistic.

The Maxwells did this same exact thing on their various chat boards and people left because of it. You'd never know that reading those boards though, of course, because complaints would certainly be edited out - you have to find that snark elsewhere on the internet.

The other thing they'd edit out on their chat boards was any and all attempts for posters to give personal information out to other posters. The boards were very "on topic ONLY!!!" rabid policing but the no private contact thing meant that people couldn't even take their off-topic stuff to any other venue.

As for the curt comments, they're just rude. But it's more than that - putting responses in with that silly >>>>> notation just emphasises that your comments are being edited. NORMAL bloggers don't do that - they respond to comments (left intact!!) with their own NEW COMMENTS.

The fact that Steve-O doesn't even want to acknowledge the other blog is just so in character. Whatever. Surely he should realize that people will find it on their own? He can't control the internet.

Archived