emesbe

WOW those pics are something else! Looks like all the families got super cosy together that evening! Now I'm off to match up the Maxwell's blog for the same dates and see if they gave as much attention and name-dropping to their hosts in Missouri.

They never do. That's the fascinating thing - you can find casual pictures of the Maxwells and more info about just what they did or didn't do at their various conferences only by scouring mention of them on OTHER family blogs (pretty much randomly).

I find it interesting to compare the more candid pictures of them to the always rigidly posed pics the Maxwells put up on their own blog. Their less-fundie Aunt similarly had pics of them up on facebook (the family visited for some holiday) and the feel is just very different.

One of the more off-putting things about the Maxwell blog is they never seem to ever mention any other people as humans that stay constant and alive when "offscreen." It's always endless pictures of interchangable "sweet boy listening with his Daddy" and "cute baby!" which might as WELL be stock photos, quite frankly, because they're just... filler. Background noise.

Other fundie blogs (including the K!!11!!1!! blog) you get repeated mentions of the same people outside the family, and pictures of those same people. Their names repeat. You eventually get a feel for relatives, dad's coworkers, the neighbor kids, or whoever it is. They seem human. The Maxwells. just... don't.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the picture she has captioned: Sarah, the family ''photographer''

I really hope that those quotes are intentional snark and not an example of SOTDRT punctuation.

Yeah, putting that in quotes denotes either sarcasm or a dilettante. Poor Rebecca!!!!!!!11111eleventy doesn't realize that she should have capitalized the "P" to denote her profession in the Maxwell cult.

Odd, Rebecca posted a picture of their license plate. That seems a little to "personal" to me.

I saw that, too, and wondered (a) the purpose of that photo, and (b) why Stevie never saw it and asked her to remove it.

Steve is a total ass. Rebecca!!!*&^!!!! is his biggest fan. He needs to capitalize on that. Instead, he is short with her. His ego won't let him accept anything other than his idea of perfection and Rebecca!!!! doesn't fit into anything he sees as perfect. For all the fundiness in her family, and in her, and all their weirdness, and her simpleness, she is actually several steps above Stevie and his cult. She deserves better, she really does, and I hope she finds it and rubs it in the Maxwells faces.

I hope Rebecca will eventually wise up to the Maxwells. Steve is never going to give her the time of day.

That... is AWESOME :D

No that isn't what it's all about. It's vulgar, and Elizabeth and Joseph don't deserve that.

They never do. That's the fascinating thing - you can find casual pictures of the Maxwells and more info about just what they did or didn't do at their various conferences only by scouring mention of them on OTHER family blogs (pretty much randomly).

I find it interesting to compare the more candid pictures of them to the always rigidly posed pics the Maxwells put up on their own blog. Their less-fundie Aunt similarly had pics of them up on facebook (the family visited for some holiday) and the feel is just very different.

One of the more off-putting things about the Maxwell blog is they never seem to ever mention any other people as humans that stay constant and alive when "offscreen." It's always endless pictures of interchangable "sweet boy listening with his Daddy" and "cute baby!" which might as WELL be stock photos, quite frankly, because they're just... filler. Background noise.

Other fundie blogs (including the K!!11!!1!! blog) you get repeated mentions of the same people outside the family, and pictures of those same people. Their names repeat. You eventually get a feel for relatives, dad's coworkers, the neighbor kids, or whoever it is. They seem human. The Maxwells. just... don't.

This is so, so true. Other people don't exist for the Maxwells. As you said, it's as if others are not real humans to them. Does anyone know, does the church of Steve believe in predestination? Because this thing about them could just be social ineptitude, or it could be stemming from a belief that others are not "elect" and so really aren't the same type of person as the Maxwells.

Yeah, putting that in quotes denotes either sarcasm or a dilettante. Poor Rebecca!!!!!!!11111eleventy doesn't realize that she should have capitalized the "P" to denote her profession in the Maxwell cult.

Sarah is referred to as the family "photographer" on the Maxwells' own new About page. :cry:

No that isn't what it's all about. It's vulgar, and Elizabeth and Joseph don't deserve that.

Yeah, agreed. But would they even know.

Oh, I'd never suggest that for THEM. But in other circles, it would be quite the costume!

Yeah, agreed. But would they even know.

Frankly I think having a preteen make a public purity pledge vulgar, no less the hymen sales fundies call weddings. I find the transfer of breeding rights to the husband more vulgar than some art gown found on the internets.

Frankly I think having a preteen make a public purity pledge vulgar, no less the hymen sales fundies call weddings. I find the transfer of breeding rights to the husband more vulgar than some art gown found on the internets.

Yep. And this is a snark board. We are here by choice. I thought the dress was hilarious and the absurdity that a young Christian girl could mistakenly wear it thinking it was "floral" made me laugh.

Oh, so the families have actually had contact over & above her reading their blog and attending their conferences. Thanks! That actually makes her seem a tad less deluded. I was sitting here thinking that Rebecca!!11!! actually believed that she had a chance with the Maxwell boys based on nothing at all, like one of those celebrity stalkers who thinks they're married to Justin Bieber or whomever.

Given the mating habits of the Quiverfullers, I don't think Rebecca is deluded. To us, it's weird for a boy to start courting some girl from another state whom he has only met once or twice at homeschooling conferences, but this seems to be standard fare for the fundies. Rebecca probably knows young married couples who got together in exactly this way.

I agree with you there. The fundie obsession with women's vaginas is vulgar. Guarding the heart is code for keeping the hymen in tact. It's all a bunch of sex obsessed bullshit that is more vulgar than any tacky, but hilarious, dress could ever be.

Nothing says "Joseph, this is what it looks like!" than that! That's hilarious! And yes, sleeves. For modesty.

I don't know.........maybe a little Bolero jacket?

"Keeper AT home" pisses me off. It implies that the poor gal never gets to go outside at all. "Keeper of the home" implies more responsibility and autonomy.

Yes, "Keeper of the home" implies someone who made a choice to be the person who makes the home a warm and welcoming place. Emphasis on 'choice'.

I thought that Steve looked cranky in some of Rebecca's pictures especially the one in which he is talking to the little kids.

:clap:

I thought that Steve looked cranky in some of Rebecca's pictures especially the one in which he is talking to the little kids.

I loved that Melanie refused to wear those god awful purple outfits that the rest of the women were wearing!

Probably reminding them that they'll die someday.

Probably reminding them that they'll die someday.

No doubt. The man has a hard-on for the grim reaper.

Archived