emesbe

Questions about Titus 2 Teh Redesign!!!!!!

Who the heck are DAve and his wonderful helpmeet and since they're evident not Maxwells what the toothpicks are they doing on the all-important family's website?

If the OneTonRamp staff is so good how come Dave NotAMaxwell had to start off the Titus 2 redesign?

ARe they going all sepia-toned on pictures of Poor Sarah because (a) she is getting long in the tooth and next comes Vaseline on the lens, (b) it's a technique to show that Sarah + a baby = no baby of hers!, or © both of the above

Is this or is this not a photograph of idolatry?

titus2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/DSC_13281-425x283.jpg

The way she's looking at Joseph and the way he is centered in the photo and the way the text lionizes him, that's idolatry in my mind, folks.

These people are a joke. I just wish more people saw that and that less people were taken in by them.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Helpmeet Liz has been seen helping pack boxes and put books together, so perhaps they live quite close by.

Dang, I go away for 8 days to The Big Easy and the Maxwell Clan Cult announces an engagement. I'm so behind. I'll need to stay up and read everything to get up to speed.

Elizabeth looks very young- 20 is young in my book- and she could be one of those fundie's who pops out a baby every year until the Lord closes her womb or it falls out because it can't take anymore-- in her mid 40's. So, that means Steve-o could have a whole lot of little soldiers for his crazy fundie army.... someone please go save Elizabeth now!!

However, since they are saying they are engaged, I'm guessing a wedding will take place soon. She's already in the trap, she can't get out now.

I just did a long blog post about the engagment and pardon the bad writing, but I am tired. Ah crap I just realized I misspelled autonomy, oh well you get they gist. Anyway I thought some of you might enjoy reading it.

I am happy that Joseph and Elizabeth seem to be exuding a level of joy and excitement in the picture. This leads to some questions and thoughts I have had. I know these probably will not be published, but I think they are important questions to ask and let your readers have insight into your thought processes. What are the thoughts of automy and adult children? With the males I see there is some automy with the decision of said wife “help meat.†However, with females there is not the same level of automy. Their decisions are filtered through their father. From a young age the woman is told God will send her father a man and the father will present said man to her. While it is said the daughter has ultimate say, does she really? After all if she says no she has rejected her father’s choice, who he has deemed to be sent by God. Therefore she disappoints not only her father,buter she has, but also is told she is rejecting God’s best. I have to wonder if one is letting an adult fly and become his own man or woman, when important decisions are still filtered through parents. Adulthood is faced with joys and regrets and if you never have automy to make decisions I think you miss out on one of life’s greatest joys. The joy to be able to function, think and have your own journey regarding a relationship with God. After all we see Terri and Steve doing things differently from their families way of doing things and they made these decisions themselves. I know there is a sense of keeping children pure, but when does adulthood begin and childhood end.

Not a big deal, but Honey was a golden retriever, not a labrador. I have a Golden Retriver, and since it is my favorite dog breed, I have an affinity for every Golden I see in person or on the web or anywhere. I miss seeing pics of Honey. :(

So Joseph had side trips to go see Elizabeth - that's vaguely encouraging, especially since it doesn't sound like the whole damn clan went along for the ride like they did for Christopher's courtship. Steve also acknowledged it was a long-distance courtship. I wonder what that entails - do they write supervised emails that have to be ok'd by their fathers, do they do occasional supervised phonecalls à la certain sects of Orthodox Jewry, what?

I feel for that poor girl though - she seems to have fallen hard and fast for Joseph - her body language in both pictures is very centered on him while he's looking straight at the camera, ramrod straight. I hope that's his "ZOMG PREMARITAL DEFRAUDING MAY OCCUR" radar going off and not a genuine lack of interest in her. They look to be dangerously close in the picture used for the redesign post. I feel strangely discomfited with the new design - no more sinister looking Maxwell family cast in shadows, reminding me I am bound for hell.

The term helpmeet makes me want to claw my eyeballs out.

I think during Josh and Anna Duggar's courtship they were allowed to talk on the phone if it was on speaker phone and/or one or more of his sisters were on the line.. guessing something similar for Joseph. Either sitting in the company of his father or with Sarah/Anna/Mary on the phone as well.

I've been wondering about Elizabeth and how she might feel about her family's recent descent into madness. Thing is, she's an eldest child. It doesn't happen always, but it does happen often that the eldest's route to parental approval and attention is complete toeing the line (the rebels often tend to be amoung the middle/younger ones). So she may be hardcore herself. In which case, the Maxwells are exactly what she may think she wants.

What I hate hate is that she's so young and may well think completely differently in a few years. But by then she could have three or four kids and be very very invested in not leaving.

Sometimes I wonder if reversal babies were a way of preventing Teri from leaving too.

The term helpmeet makes me want to claw my eyeballs out.

Oh, good. I thought it was just me.

Sometimes I wonder if reversal babies were a way of preventing Teri from leaving too.

That was definitely one of the benefits to Steve. I think the biggest one was having all these kids makes him feel like a biblical patriarch.

Oh, good. I thought it was just me.

Me, too. It's so obviously NOT "helpMATE" which drives me nuts.

Then there's "keeper AT home" which is another awkwardly phrased fundienym that would be perfectly understandable as "keeper of the home".

Me, too. It's so obviously NOT "helpMATE" which drives me nuts.

Someone here on FJ made the typo "helpMEAT" yesterday (possibly in this very thread!) which had me laughing... one of those accidents that just ends up being far too true...

Someone here on FJ made the typo "helpMEAT" yesterday (possibly in this very thread!) which had me laughing... one of those accidents that just ends up being far too true...

:lol:

I've been wondering about Elizabeth and how she might feel about her family's recent descent into madness. Thing is, she's an eldest child. It doesn't happen always, but it does happen often that the eldest's route to parental approval and attention is complete toeing the line (the rebels often tend to be amoung the middle/younger ones). So she may be hardcore herself. In which case, the Maxwells are exactly what she may think she wants.

What I hate hate is that she's so young and may well think completely differently in a few years. But by then she could have three or four kids and be very very invested in not leaving.

I think maybe Elizabeth is sort of a people pleaser like Jill Duggar. She might want to please mommy and daddy and is ok with becoming more hardcore. As a couple of other posters mentioned in this thread, I also get the vibe than Muncks are fundie social climbers who want to be connected to more well known fundie family.

This is actually a very common abuse tactic, even outside of the fundie world. I have no doubt that this is the exact reason Steve wanted more kids, and I believe it's also the primary reason behind the Quiverfull lifestyle in general. There's a reason that birth control was central to success of feminism, and it's because women have been tied down with more kids than they can handle for centuries. It's also a pretty common tactic among polygamist FLDS to keep women in line by threatening to never let them see their kids if they leave.

I wonder if Elizabeth is in love with "love". So many young girls love the idea of a wedding, being the center of attention, being in "charge" of their own home, and even having a baby. A few years "in", with several young children, housework, cooking, etc. the rose colored glasses come off. I wonder if she and her family have even visited the Maxwell's. At least NR Anna's family visited to see where Anna would be living. At least she won't have to change her name.

This is actually a very common abuse tactic, even outside of the fundie world. I have no doubt that this is the exact reason Steve wanted more kids, and I believe it's also the primary reason behind the Quiverfull lifestyle in general. There's a reason that birth control was central to success of feminism, and it's because women have been tied down with more kids than they can handle for centuries. It's also a pretty common tactic among polygamist FLDS to keep women in line by threatening to never let them see their kids if they leave.

On an oddly related note, look at Katie Holmes who is trying to win sole custody of Suri in order to keep her out of a $cientologist brainwashing school. From what I've read about the place, it makes ATI camp sound like Disneyland.

I think Sarah is crying out for a wedding and a family of her own. The latest blog post is really sad at the end where she ya she is very happy to be gaining another sister-in-law. sad. I wish she would just give us a true sign twhat she likes her life.

How old is the Munck mother? She looks pretty good, especially for having had so many kids.

Deduced from posts on her blog w/r/t marrying at age 20 in 1992, that would make her all of 40.

Deduced from posts on her blog w/r/t marrying at age 20 in 1992, that would make her all of 40.

Okay my 42 y.o. voluntarily childless self is just :shock:

...I realize that's not requiring any "out there" birth ages either. Heck plenty of my own cousins had kids starting at 19 or 20, but... they use BC and so so stopped after 3 or 4!!

(Due to said cousins, plus a sister with 2 kids, I'm not feeling any pressure whatsoever to have kids, which suits me just fine. I'm happy being the weird aunt. It's just a shock to think if I lived a different lifestyle I COULD potentially be a mom of 11 by now!)

The 80's hair on the various "dating pages" is definitely cringeworthy, but as I came up in that same time, I can't speak against it, on the one hand it's nice to see someone just owning it too :)

Okay my 42 y.o. voluntarily childless self is just :shock:

...I realize that's not requiring any "out there" birth ages either. Heck plenty of my own cousins had kids starting at 19 or 20, but... they use BC and so so stopped after 3 or 4!!

(Due to said cousins, plus a sister with 2 kids, I'm not feeling any pressure whatsoever to have kids, which suits me just fine. I'm happy being the weird aunt. It's just a shock to think if I lived a different lifestyle I COULD potentially be a mom of 11 by now!)

The 80's hair on the various "dating pages" is definitely cringeworthy, but as I came up in that same time, I can't speak against it, on the one hand it's nice to see someone just owning it too :)

I have friends who had kids at around the same time that Mrs. Munck had Elizabeth. Some of those friends have grandchildren now, but they're not still popping out babies themselves.

Then there's "keeper AT home" which is another awkwardly phrased fundienym that would be perfectly understandable as "keeper of the home".

"Keeper AT home" pisses me off. It implies that the poor gal never gets to go outside at all. "Keeper of the home" implies more responsibility and autonomy.

"Keeper AT home" pisses me off. It implies that the poor gal never gets to go outside at all. "Keeper of the home" implies more responsibility and autonomy.

Kristina has taken great pride in shouting that she is a keeper AT home ever since she got married. It makes my skin crawl.

Her husband is a total piece of work, based on his Facebook page, so I have no doubt she is right where she is expected to be. AT home, in his bed. Makin' the babies (I am still awaiting the announcement of the next one...it's a bit late) and taking care of three under two. That AT home thing is totally about control and keeping the little woman from getting all uppity with ideas and thoughts of her own.

I think Sarah is crying out for a wedding and a family of her own. The latest blog post is really sad at the end where she ya she is very happy to be gaining another sister-in-law. sad. I wish she would just give us a true sign twhat she likes her life.

I just read that post. I cannot believe they made the whole family work on that house in 100 degree heat today, without air conditioning. That's stupid. The picture of Anna is terrible - she looks like she is melting.

But, anything to get the babies and the babies come after the wedding and the wedding comes after the house, so it must be finished.

Archived