emesbe

The sunglasses post was unusually inane, even for the Maxwells, but fans of John should check it out anyway. His pants are looking pretty snug, IMO. (Is John the only stylish Maxwell? And yes, in their world, an untucked shirt and fitted pants count as stylish.)

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The sunglasses post was unusually inane, even for the Maxwells, but fans of John should check it out anyway. His pants are looking pretty snug, IMO. (Is John the only stylish Maxwell? And yes, in their world, an untucked shirt and fitted pants count as stylish.)

I think Mary has some innate style, although it is heavily stifled by having to wear outfits that match those of her middle aged depressive mother.

Question: if Sarah is infertile would that be a reason to keep her unmarried? Can't be having sex without making the babiez

Question: if Sarah is infertile would that be a reason to keep her unmarried? Can't be having sex without making the babiez

How would they know? Unless she doesn't menstruate or is missing a vital part of her anatomy.

All this hand-slapping over the image of a vagina is no better than the House Republicans who think that women shouldn't be allowed to say "vagina" in public. It's a silencing tactic and a shaming tactic. Vaginas exist and they aren't vulgar. God, all of this makes me want to put on that vagina dress and run through the streets yelling "vagina".

I completely agree. I don't get why people see one and go: OHHHH, SO UGLY AND BAD!

Ugh. VAGINA. VAGINA. VAGINA.

those (say: ) sections of the post totally sound like Steve's edits to the post taht Sarah forgot to remove.

I really think they are.

This. He really is one attractive fundie. I'm surprised Joseph got snatched up before he did.

OMG, must they encourage Sarah?

Re. the sunglasses post;

Jennifer L on July 6, 2012 at 6:55 pm said:

Well, how about that? It makes for a good Moody book chapter, too. :)

and

Victoria S. on July 7, 2012 at 8:26 am said:

I agree with Jennifer – a great Moody story!

Noooooooooooooooo! :doh:

I really think they are.

Sounds like that to me, too. Sad.

It scares me that this was something they thought people would like to read. Who hasn't heard funny sounds in the car, then goes digging and finds all sorts of stuff? What a life.

Sounds like that to me, too. Sad.

It scares me that this was something they thought people would like to read. Who hasn't heard funny sounds in the car, then goes digging and finds all sorts of stuff? What a life.

Because they don't interact with other people except to tell them about Jesus, they don't have a clue that all their zany, wacky, should-be-a-chapter-in-a-Moody-book adventures are, uh, totally normal and really not all that amusing to people who weren't there.

They didn't thank Jesus for leading John to the missing sunglasses? Tut tut...

Good point! :lol:

They didn't thank Jesus for leading John to the missing sunglasses? Tut tut...

You don't look to Jesus for missing items. You pray to Saint Anthony.

Tony, Tony,

look around.

Something's lost

and must be found!

Not the Maxwells! They wouldn't pray to a Papist saint, ever. Jeebus helped them find the sunglasses, no one else. :roll:

Late to the topic but I think that the artist who created the Vulva Wedding Dress was making a point about many weddings being all about ownership of a woman and her private parts. Its the first thing I saw when I saw the dress. And fundy weddings are all about ownership of the woman being transferred from father to husband. The purity stuff is creepy, and it always struck me as the start of something potentially abusive. If girls are taught that Daddy is in charge of their purity and they have very little knowledge of their bodies or what sex is to go alongside it then they are prime targets for abuse. Even if the abuse doesn't happen they are still treated like chattel with far too much importance given to whether or not they've had sex or touched another man and very very little importance on their education, character or personality. They are in essence no better than Rosie the Robot from the Jetsons, with the added feature of providing sex and children to their owner. I should add that I think Rosie the Robot was allowed to express her thoughts more freely as a robot maid than these girls will have.

As for the cabinets. They must have salvaged them from another project. People often sell cabinets on craigslist (Actually we are looking to do the same, ours would be a total match!). But, the similarity to the ones his parents have is disturbing. Honestly, have a little opinion of your own once in a while. Hopefully the bride will be able to customize the kitchen to her liking, but I have little hope that she'll feel comfortable enough in "her husband's" home to install any of her own taste into it.

How would they know? Unless she doesn't menstruate or is missing a vital part of her anatomy.

I was thinking about this last night too. I wonder if she is either infertile or has some sort of issue that wouldn't allow her to be a "proper" mother. She could very well have a tilted uterus or some sort of estrogen problem. That's all something you would find out in childhood/early adulthood.

Also .. it is possible she isn't "pure" and therefore damaged goods doomed to live a life of SAHD-dom? If that were the case, daddy would NEVER allow that to be known to anyone. It might also explain his crazy controlling behavior. Can't be letting that happen again - or anyone finding out it happen previously.

I was thinking about this last night too. I wonder if she is either infertile or has some sort of issue that wouldn't allow her to be a "proper" mother. She could very well have a tilted uterus or some sort of estrogen problem. That's all something you would find out in childhood/early adulthood.

Also .. it is possible she isn't "pure" and therefore damaged goods doomed to live a life of SAHD-dom? If that were the case, daddy would NEVER allow that to be known to anyone. It might also explain his crazy controlling behavior. Can't be letting that happen again - or anyone finding out it happen previously.

That would fit in with her wierd thing about goingto asleep over as a kid, something bad happened, and she was glad that her younger sibs never went to a sleep over. I'll try to track the post about it down.

Nurse Nell, you're a gem! I call on St. Anthony all the time! I also use the following prayer to St. Anthony:

St. Anthony, St. Anthony intercede

Help me find what I need!

Works like a charm.

And of course we know the Maxwell's would never call upon St. Anthony.

And of course we know the Maxwell's would never call upon St. Anthony.

That's why their items stay lost forever, or are found accidentally. Serves them right when St. Anthony is just a prayer away. ;)

That would fit in with her wierd thing about goingto asleep over as a kid, something bad happened, and she was glad that her younger sibs never went to a sleep over. I'll try to track the post about it down.

I can't imagine Sarah would ever have been allowed anything as defrauding as a pelvic exam so the only way they would know is if she simply did not get periods... since we all know about the public charts so many fundy families have for that *bleurgh*

I can't imagine Sarah would ever have been allowed anything as defrauding as a pelvic exam so the only way they would know is if she simply did not get periods... since we all know about the public charts so many fundy families have for that *bleurgh*

I don't think anything in the gyn realm is the reason she's not married. I think her father, and possibly herself, is why she isn't married. I suspect there have been inquires made to Steve, and he said no. Or possibly he said yes but Sarah said no.

Archived