emesbe

Guest Anonymous

The Maxwell blog photos are always the same photo over and over again. The most boring blog ever.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Elizabeth is going to be an amazing wife for Joseph.

Well, thank goodness he's found a car wife that works for him.

Almost every member of the family, even down to the younger ones, laid hands on J&E and prayer for them.

Riffle!

I wouldn't want to insult someone for being a virgin, but her lack of writing skill is certainly snark worthy.

I think that if she was allowed to see a little bit of the world unsupervised maybe her scope for imagination would be kindled and she'd have something less boring to write about.

Does anyone know of a way to read the Moody books without sending money to the atrocious Maxwells? I've read the samples but I'm curious to read the entire thing. I saw that there were some used ones on Amazon but I wasn't sure if the money wasn't going to go to some other super fundy org.

Again, it's a line from a movie...... don't get all crazy about it.

The engagement photos make me laugh...what the hell is that? Couldn't they at least hold hands? It's not like they are going to burn in hell just for holding each others hands :lol:

The engagement photos make me laugh...what the hell is that? Couldn't they at least hold hands? It's not like they are going to burn in hell just for holding each others hands :lol:

According to the church of Steve, yes they will.

We Maxwell children, along with our parents, are delighted to introduce Joseph's fiancee, Elizabeth, to you. Elizabeth is a Godly young woman who purposes to serve the Lord in all things. After many hours of sweet fellowship, the Lord laid it on Joseph's heart to ask Elizabeth to enter into Godly matrimony with him. Prayers were said and Joseph shared his heart with our Dad before he ever spoke to the young lady. It is Joseph's and Elizabeth's most earnest desire to serve and praise the Lord in their engagement and marriage. Congratulations on your engagement, Joseph! We love you and are so thankful for the Godly man you have become. We know you will make a wonderful husband and (God willing) father.

I so called it back on page 2 of this thread. :twisted:

Joseph and Elizabeth’s desire it (sic) to glorify the Lord Jesus in every way through their upcoming marriage

Only I thought Joseph was going to be a wonderful husband, but no, Elizabeth is going to be an amazing wife, and after all that is the more important part. :roll:

Christopher Maxwell must have taken the "engagement" photos because they have a gray tint to their faces that makes them look ill whilst the flowers are unnaturally bright. Honestly, it takes some kind of talent to produce such horrible photographs.

What is it with newly engaged fundies and grocery store rose bouquets? Is that how they replace hand holding?

What does Joseph have on his wrist in some of those photos? It looks like some sort of bracelet, a manly bracelet, but a bracelet.

Did he really have to hold his bible as a prop in one of the engagement photos?

During the family bible time, who is speaking in the photo? Is it the Munck patriarch? Why, no! It's Steve!

Just STFU Steve. It's not your house.

Were they really all that surprised at the engagement?

I'm curious to hear how Joseph proposed too. Will they share? How did she get the ring on her finger if they don't touch?

What are those things in the living room called? Oh yeah, books! Is it possible the Muncks read more than just manuals and the bible?

So many questions.

Anyone else get creeped out by the first 2 photos being of this little girl, and then mostly family photos after that?

I mean, I don't want to accuse the Maxwells of being pedos, but not giving us a front shot of Elizabeth was... not cool. Seriously, just announce the engagement, a picture of the happy couple, and THEN the families being all excited.

Oh, and I doubt Joseph proposed to Elizabeth without Steve knowing beforehand, or Elizabeth's parents. Neither family was "surprised" at all. I call BS on them "announcing" the engagement to the families.

What does Joseph have on his wrist in some of those photos? It looks like some sort of bracelet, a manly bracelet, but a bracelet.

During the family bible time, who is speaking in the photo? Is it the Munck patriarch? Why, no! It's Steve!

I'm curious to hear how Joseph proposed too. Will they share? How did she get the ring on her finger if they don't touch?

So many questions.

Yes, he did. It is proof positive that he and his intended desire to have a god honoring marriage. What other way can that be emphasized without a bible in the engagement photos? It's not like Sarah says it in her posts, over and over and over or anything.

They had family bible time then they all had prayer time where Joesph and Elizabeth were blessed. I think by the time that night was over, god must have been sick of them. How many hours in a day does god have to dedicate to the Maxwells?

Well, it explains why a crack FJ investigator noted that while they were engaged on the 25th, the timestamp on the "engagement pics" was the 27th. They took the "formal" pictures TWO DAYS LATER! Geez, what would have been wrong with putting on the nice clothes and doing a nice sunset shoot the evening of the proposal?

Fuckitol, I don't know why I even bother. These are the Maxwells we're talking about. They wouldn't know logic if it smacked them upside their fat heads.

What are those things in the living room called? Oh yeah, books! Is it possible the Muncks read more than just manuals and the bible?

So many questions.

I suspect we might need to buy a book to find out all the details...

Speaking of books though I noticed the Muncks' bookshelves just as you did - they certainly seem more into reading than the Maxwells are. Nice shelves too (says me, who similarly built bookshelves all around her living room - IMHO it's the best decor!). Can anyone recognize any of the books there?

I think the bracelet is one of those rubber "livestrong" style things. They come in all colors nowadays as various companies have made them for just about any theme, and that definitely includes fundie religious messages. He might be wearing one of those. If so, it seems quite a nod to current fads.

As for Moody books, I got the one I have on eBay. I think that's your best bet, find some individual seller on eBay.

Oh, and I doubt Joseph proposed to Elizabeth without Steve knowing beforehand, or Elizabeth's parents. Neither family was "surprised" at all. I call BS on them "announcing" the engagement to the families.

It's possible they hadn't told all the kids (particularly the various younger Muncks). That, and possibly some extended family received official notices (again, probably on the Muncks' side, though perhaps Aunt Tami too).

I think you're absolutely right though that this whole thing went down between the two fathers first - nothing was a surprise to either of THEM. If it goes according to the usual fantasy, er, plan, then Joseph would have talked things over with Steve-O "hey dad, I think I do want to court her" (of course she'd be a family friend everyone knows so there is no need to get into "this girl I met, you know..." type conversation) and gotten Steve-O's okay, then approached PapaMunck for permission to court, gotten HIS okay, and only then said anything to Elizabeth. And that's if he indeed said anything to Elizabeth right away - for all we know this could have been brewing for a year just between the Teh Menz with Joseph going through various consultations and tests or whatever the heck with PapaMunck to prove his worthiness first.

I wonder if the Maxwells will write more about the process either on their blog or in a book, but if you poke around Vision Forum you can find some mentions of what they think courtship should be, and it's all about the two Patriarchs Full of Manly Gravitas giving Wise Wisdom to the Earnest Young Pup who Proves Himself and then only as an afterthought someone finally gets around to letting the girl know it's happening.

I am SO glad I was not raised in this lifestyle, I cannot even begin to say how much.

I wouldn't want to insult someone for being a virgin, but her lack of writing skill is certainly snark worthy.

I think that if she was allowed to see a little bit of the world unsupervised maybe her scope for imagination would be kindled and she'd have something less boring to write about.

Does anyone know of a way to read the Moody books without sending money to the atrocious Maxwells? I've read the samples but I'm curious to read the entire thing. I saw that there were some used ones on Amazon but I wasn't sure if the money wasn't going to go to some other super fundy org.

Amazon and Ebay are the only options I can think of. I did a quick check at Amazon and there are several used copies of "A Summer With the Moodys" starting at $3.19 plus shipping. Two of the sellers appear to be Goodwill stores; others simply look like used book vendors, not fundie orgs.

Caught another riffle. Sarah must have been in a rush to get this post up. Stevie must really be cracking the whip with the house remodel on top of all the other work the wimmenfolk do around that place and so busy himself he didn't have time for the final edit.

Joseph and Elizabeth’s desire it to glorify the Lord Jesus in every way through their upcoming marriage.

Guest Anonymous

The 'surprise' engagement was clearly no surprise to the commenters on the Munck blog who mention that they had been praying during the courtship... It will be interesting to follow the Munck blog commenters /friends to see if they post their own experiences of the wedding. Steve has been in luck so far that his inlaws have left the blogging to him. Elizabeth's family could change all that. :-)

Something tells me the books in the background in Elizabeth's living room are GA Henty, Elsie Dinsmore, approved Bible history and stuff like that.I don't think Henry Miller or Shades of Gray will show up.

Someone commented on it being creepy that they showed the little girl--remember children are "precious" and "God's gift" plus maybe they were just being nice? Kids often DO love to ha their picture taken. And to "star" on the Maxwell blog?? Wow. I'm sure. Wow.

Why does Steve get to hug Elizabeth, but her intended does not? (or is that 3/4 profile actually her own father? it's hard to tell).

RE: how to get the ring on, if he can't touch her...it probably happened as with Kristina; HER FATHER put it on her finger. SQUICK.

Rebeccaleventy seems to have gotten over it. She comments nicely.

WHY is there a posed picture of three people praying, in a pyramid formation?

Here! Stand just there...yes...a bit to the left. Now close your eyes and bow your head. Keep bowing. Got it.

These people just..i just...i hate Steve more every day. I just may hate him more than the other, crazier Steve, bc at least Anderson's crazy shows loud and proud. Ain't nobody gonna accidentally fall into the FWBC lifestyle, the way they can with the maxwell lifestyle.

Monday evening, June 25th! Joseph and Elizabeth announce their engagement to the waiting families. Excitement runs high!

This leads me to believe that the families knew Joseph was off asking Elizabeth to marry him before the two of them returned. Otherwise, why would the families be "waiting"? Or, more awkward English from SOTDRT?

Why does Steve get to hug Elizabeth, but her intended does not? (or is that 3/4 profile actually her own father? it's hard to tell).

RE: how to get the ring on, if he can't touch her...it probably happened as with Kristina; HER FATHER put it on her finger. SQUICK.

Rebeccaleventy seems to have gotten over it. She comments nicely.

WHY is there a posed picture of three people praying, in a pyramid formation?

I think that's her dad. They must know the rules of who hugs who. John is off to the side as though he's getting ready to hug someone, but I doubt he hugged Elizabeth.

I think the picture of 3 people praying was a family member praying over J&E.

Archived