IGNORED

Brandy starts over, all over again.

oscar

I don't get the not combing/brushing your hair thing. Just thinking about it makes my head itch. So, when someone with dress decides they're done with dreads do they have to shave their heads? I don't see how you could ever undo the damage any other way.

You probably don't have to shave your head if you have dreds and want to get rid of them - the hair closest to the scalp will be less locced up than the rest of the dreds, so most people can salvage at least a short hairstyle by drenching their hair in conditioner and slowly and carefully unpicking from the ends toward the scalp.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well apparently Brandy is back to unschooling. That I wouldn't mind if there were two parents with reasonable levels of intelligence and a modicum of emotional stability, who actually allowed their children contact and enrichment opportunities outside the home. I cannot believe in my wildest imagination that once she is done with their 'eduction' neither will be able to pass a GED.

But per their usual Brandy and Jason come first.

What she calls "unschooling" is what I call living with children at home and educating them...

I have done all what she shows on her post and a lot more with my own children, and they have always been to school...

Homeschooling is extremely unusual here in France, but children only go to school 4 days a week and have plenty of vacations, so we are able to do a lot with them, including field trips outside of the home :D

it looks like her kids are finding random crap around the yard, and shes labeling that as a learning experience..which it is, i guess but still. those kids are going to be in a world of hurt when they are older. i home schooled my kids until we moved out of the gang infested neighborhood we were in..i didn't want to at all, and that was one of the huge reasons for moving, so they could go to a good school..but even though i tried my hardest, there were still gaps that had to be made up. i can understand the theory behind unschooling, but this seems to be pure laziness.

Well it looks like Brandy will be uprooting the kids one more time.

The Prayer Request

Now that it appears as though the Lord has given us an answer to our prayer request, we feel comfortable sharing what was going on. I know there are many people not on my FB who were praying for us and wondering what was happening.

Late last year, we got news that our landlords were divorcing. That divorce was finalized a couple months ago. We were initially told the ex-wife won this place, but that wasn't accurate. The husband kept this place {which he had before his marriage to the ex-wife}.

He's getting up there in age and has a few health issues, so his son and his son's wife took over running the place for him. Rents were raised and new goals put in place. The goals were going to make this place pretty nice, actually. Everyone would get much bigger yards and the mobile homes were actually going to get work done to them so they'd look better. New rules were put into place to keep the trouble-makers out and keep this place nice for families.

Friday, we got a knock on our door. It was the son/manager.

I guess they decided to sell this place. Not as a mobile home park, though. As a house with a barn and land because it's worth more that way. We had two options: buy this mobile home and move it somewhere ... ... or save up because we'd be moving out within 60 days of the day the sale is finalized.

Even if we could work out an acceptable deal for this mobile home, there's no way we could afford land here ... and all the other mobile home parks are full.

So that leaves us saving up for a move. This place could sell next month ... or it could sell next year. We have no idea. The only definite is we'd have 60 additional days after the sale.

Talk about a freak out moment.

BUT, our God is an awesome one!

We had several people private message us with offers of homes we could rent for cheap or possibly even HAVE, like, for free. Some a state or two away, some clear across the country!

We looked at each offer ... spent a LOT of time discussing things ... and we thought we had an answer. We thought we were going to turn every offer down and just go on over to Idaho like we had loosely been planning to for a couple of years now.

However, one of the offers made seem to be absolutely perfect for our family. The more we talk with the lovely person about it, the more we think we're going to accept the amazing offer. Since nothing is quite finalized, I'll leave it at that. :-)

I'll let you all know more when there's more to tell ... :-D

Posted by Brandy C. at 10:42 AM

Yeah, I saw that too, they are really messed up... She says they have been wanting to go to Idaho for 2 years, but last month on this very thread she says they were going back to South Carolina to be closer to family :roll:

A couple of things before my head explodes. I hope that Jason doesn't quit his job in order for them to relocate.

And how the fuck can she justify buying her piercing iron when she knew they had to be saving money? That money could have gone to getting their van registered and insured.

Now I envision them as modern day Joad's loading the kids into the van on buckets of wheat berries.

:greetings-wavingyellow: Hey Brandy, you are one disgusting, irresponsible excuse for a parent.

A couple of things before my head explodes. I hope that Jason doesn't quit his job in order for them to relocate.

And how the fuck can she justify buying her piercing iron when she knew they had to be saving money? That money could have gone to getting their van registered and insured.

Now I envision them as modern day Joad's loading the kids into the van on buckets of wheat berries.

:greetings-wavingyellow: Hey Brandy, you are one disgusting, irresponsible excuse for a parent.

Oh I forgot that, what are they going to do with the giganormous amount of wheat berries if they move ?? Another huge waste of money for sure... What a moron !

Getting offers of homes to rent, buy, or just live in for free? Red flags. I'm afraid they'll get taken.

Guest Anonymous
Getting offers of homes to rent, buy, or just live in for free? Red flags. I'm afraid they'll get taken.

Yeah, something seems off about all that. Family or friends might help, but even with a great support network who gets that many offers of low cost or free housing? I've never gotten the impression that they had much of a family/friend group anyway. Random internet people that they are on and off with every other month must be super generous. :roll:

Brandy had no choice but to get help from the an internet pal. They have no friends, no support network, and it's likely they would never accept government assistance. According to her blog there is one follower in WY. Perhaps that woman will be her life saver.

It's hard to imagine them being able to save enough for first, last and security if they couldn't afford to get the van running and pissed their tax return away on tea and wheat berries. Jason's income is likely not a living wage for a family of four. And yet she will stay home and unschool rather than get a job and help provide for her family.

Getting offers of homes to rent, buy, or just live in for free? Red flags.

QFT. "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

Locally we call piercing jewelry iron.

OH! I didn't know she had piercings, and I couldn't check the blog because of works restrictions.

OH! I didn't know she had piercings, and I couldn't check the blog because of works restrictions.

Yea she just did an eyebrow and a labret. It was a Brandy DYI project.

I think she'll probably buy a Makita and practice self trepanation, cause it's eclectic.

What is a piercing iron?

I want to know how much she paid for all of that crap. It's funny...she can always find the $$$ for wheat berries and piercing supplies, but that van just sits and sits. Way to prioritize. :roll:

I want to know how much she paid for all of that crap. It's funny...she can always find the $$$ for wheat berries and piercing supplies, but that van just sits and sits. Way to prioritize. :roll:

And beds.

Oh, I'm sure she got them on eBay from random sellers. They sell piercing needles and the like for dirt cheap and lots of people swear by it. Because, you know, eBay is the best place to buy what essentially amounts to surgical equipment.

Oh, I'm sure she got them on eBay from random sellers. They sell piercing needles and the like for dirt cheap and lots of people swear by it. Because, you know, eBay is the best place to buy what essentially amounts to surgical equipment.

I'm sure she integrated it all into her 'unschooling'. :?

I'm sure she integrated it all into her 'unschooling'. :?

Can you imagine? "Alright, kids, gather 'round while Mommy pokes a hole or two in her face with a too-big needle!" At least she didn't try to do her tongue; they'd get a lesson on how hospitals work when Brandy ended up in the ER hemorrhaging from a piercing gone bad. :lol:

Anyone wanna take a stab on what happened to the buckets o'grain?

Archived